Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Linda's Picture Exhibition  (Read 1393 times)

Bobber

Linda's Picture Exhibition
« on: January 16, 2008, 09:10:29 PM »

News for Mairi!  ;D

McCartney to hold exhibition of late wife's photos

LONDON (Reuters) - Ex-Beatle Paul McCartney will stage an exhibition in April of his late wife Linda's photographs, the first major show of its kind in Britain, London's James Hyman Gallery said on Tuesday.

"An exhibition presenting the range of Linda's photographic work is long overdue, so I'm obviously pleased that this show is happening," the 65-year-old singer said in a statement.

"James Hyman, my daughter Mary, and I have worked on it now for three years, and the result is a sensitive selection of works that really demonstrates Linda's prodigious output as a photographer.

"The photographs not only illustrate her incredible talent as an artist, but as someone who was very much connected to the culture of the times, and wasn't afraid to challenge herself, or her subject."

The exhibition will feature pictures from the 1960s until the late 1990s, including many rarely seen works.

It will include portraits of Jim Morrison, Janice Joplin, John Lennon and Mick Jagger as well as landscapes, interiors and images of family life.

The pictures will be for sale in limited editions and authenticated with a certificate signed by McCartney. The exhibition will run from April 24 to June 7.

Sheet Music Plus Homepage

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
Re: Linda's Picture Exhibition
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 12:30:38 AM »

I wish I could go.

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 37 queries.