Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Beatles best group effort  (Read 14090 times)

Re: Beatles best group effort
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2004, 08:26:41 PM »

[quote by=Frightwolf link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1090568621,s=17 date=1090782770]Like I said Joe, who really knows for sure? We all the conflicting stories we've gotten from John and Paul.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2004, 03:32:09 AM »

My points in bold:

Frighty: I won't answer you point by point, because I notice you twist things a little (for example, I didn't say their music was "full of complete harmonies"). ...uh... alrighty.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2004, 03:36:39 AM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1090568621,s=20 date=1090787201]

Unsurprisingly, you're missing the point. We're talking about what songs were on an album, and their sequence. We are NOT talking about who did what in individual songs!

It's simply not arguable that the Beatles hated what Capitol did to their early albums. [/quote]

Unsurprisingly, YOU also missed the point

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2004, 05:12:05 AM »

Uh - yeah.

Good on you, Frighty. That was a mighty rant there.

Largely irrelevant, of course.

But mighty ...

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2004, 10:41:27 AM »

After 1966, Paul's voice was all over the place.

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2004, 02:17:23 PM »

OK, not to muddy the waters further, but I'd like to add this for no reason whatsoever except to muddy the waters further:  :)

For decades I thought You Know My Name was Ringo singing the lounge singer bit, not Paul.  Mostly because John intro's him (slyly) as Ringo, but also because Paul sang it in such a low register.  It's the only time I know of that the two were confused in my mind.

However, I recall when the Beatles first came out and they were brand new to us, it was really hard to know who was singing what.  They all sounded alike (except Ringo!).  Especialy with the close harmonies and such, and the funny little Brit accents.  So perhaps this is partly that phenomenon.

Fright seems to have a bug up his ass, and needs to calm down.  It's just a forum.  I agree adults don't always know more, but this isn't about adults vs. kids, it's about facts.  You either have them or you don't.  ANd I can assure Fright that many here HAVE the facts that he does not.  And being a musician means nothing.  Many here are musicians as well.  We could all give our rap sheet.  Be confident of what you DO know and humbly and quietly listen to learn even more.   Good advice for anybody, actually.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2004, 02:31:31 PM »

Hey I'll butt in here. 2 things.
I used to get mixed up and think that 'Oh That Magic Feeling' was sung by Ringo. I know now it's Paul but I can see sometimes the mix up when Macca goes for his low register.

2. I'm a musician and although there are great things to understand as a musician, it is by no means an authority over anyone about what they get from music or indeed who is more 'qualified' to speak.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2004, 09:49:54 PM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1090568621,s=23 date=1090818725]Uh - yeah.

Good on you, Frighty. That was a mighty rant there.

Largely irrelevant, of course.

But mighty ...[/quote]

You are such a hopeless twit.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2004, 09:56:57 PM »

That's great -- except that with all his different 'sounds' he never sounded like Ringo! I'll revert to my "I never claimed to know much about the YS album" comment.

I think the whole point is that maybe YOU should do that. Because you come off as though you're trying to teach everyone things, and as Maria has quite rightly pointed out, your knowledge of the Beatles is pretty limited. Stick with us and you'll learn something. ;) ...that's the whole reason! I've been here since before the switch to this forum on username LetItBe, and I thought, "Hey, this is great! Finally a forum where I can express myself." But what does Maria do? She comes in and tries to bring up that old argument we had on the Lennon forum.  Yet she's not at fault for not getting over it.  Show me when I came off as arrogant about my knowledge, and I'll show you how you misinterpreted.  I never thought I'd see the day where any Beatles fan would sicken me.

Well, let's not exaggerate and say that adults have no lives because they know more about the Beatles than you do. It's mostly due to the fact that we've been around longer and have been exposed to more than you have.  I already know that.  Unfortunately, like I said before, Maria brings up that old argument about how I don't know as much as I think.  SINCE WHEN WAS THAT THE F*CKING QUESTION AT HAND? I was calm before, and I displayed my reasons for PPM clearly and was clearly not p*ssed until Maria jumped into the picture and started displaying HER arrogance.  You don't have to tell me anything or believe -- I KNOW she's arrogant AND stubborn, because she can't let something on another forum go.  And I really couldn't give two craps if anyone sees it the same way.

And it's also a pretty good excuse for you not to come off as though you do

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2004, 09:58:57 PM »

[quote by=An_Apple_Beatle link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1090568621,s=26 date=1090852291]Hey I'll butt in here. 2 things.
Not going against you fright Wolf but sometimes understanding all the bits an bobs of music and how it fits together sometimes destroys the beauty of just feeling it. That's something I sometimes miss.
[/quote]

I hear ya.  Lots of great songs (ones that come to my mind: Danse Macabre and Stars and Stripes) just have a feeling to them.  It's just that, with me, understanding how certain songs work helps me appreciate it better.  But I understand your point there.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2004, 10:13:28 PM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1090568621,s=13 date=1090705795]My replies to Frighty in bold:

In response to the first point, it can indeed be criterion.

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2004, 01:28:51 AM »

There's no point.

The anger is not doing you nor anyone else any good.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2004, 01:33:47 AM »

Wayne had all the answers!!!!

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2004, 01:35:09 AM »

I better have a lock on all the truth, i bought a f***ing key for it for $299

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2004, 02:55:28 AM »

The key is for the Brooklyn Bridge, didn't they tell ya?  It's all yours now!  :)

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2004, 03:35:40 AM »

YYYEEEEESSSSS!!!!  That will go great with my river!  Score!

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2004, 07:11:54 AM »

[quote by=Frightwolf link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1090568621,s=30 date=1090880008]
If anything, Maria's talk here asking me if I knew what harmonies were, and her third comment especially, seem more patronizing than anything I've said.

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2004, 07:19:48 AM »

You know how the late lamented Wayne had a certain "style" in making his posts? If you look carefully, The Frightened One also has a certain style.

Here's a typical Frightened One post:

You hopeless sh*tty scumbag, I know you're f***ing wrong and I'll keep on saying it so that the f***ing kids of the world will know you're an old Barclay Huntass wizened up old crone and witch. Ringo sang wonderful harmonies on Cry For A Shadow, and I'm the trumpet music leader but the other kids are a**holes, f*** them too they think I'm a loser, and everyone knows it's a joke. I used to post under another name, so now you know I'm a two-time loser you p*ssed off sh*tty f***ing a**hole Barclay Huntass scumbags, and I had an argument with Ma f***ing crone Ria then and she didn't know it was me again. I fooled her and I will keep on saying Revolver has Paul doing everything except what the others do so it seems you can all f*** off because I've just proved I'm right.

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2004, 10:54:16 AM »

Ringo sang wonderful harmonies on Cry For A Shadow

LOL! :D

Hey, wait a minute - I thought Lennon and Harrison sang on it? ;)

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2004, 02:43:01 PM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1090568621,s=37 date=1090912788]You know how the late lamented Wayne had a certain "style" in making his posts? If you look carefully, The Frightened One also has a certain style.

Here's a typical Frightened One post:

You hopeless sh*tty scumbag, I know you're f***ing wrong and I'll keep on saying it so that the f***ing kids of the world will know you're an old Barclay Huntass wizened up old crone and witch. Ringo sang wonderful harmonies on Cry For A Shadow, and I'm the trumpet music leader but the other kids are a**holes, f*** them too they think I'm a loser, and everyone knows it's a joke. I used to post under another name, so now you know I'm a two-time loser you p*ssed off sh*tty f***ing a**hole Barclay Huntass scumbags, and I had an argument with Ma f***ing crone Ria then and she didn't know it was me again. I fooled her and I will keep on saying Revolver has Paul doing everything except what the others do so it seems you can all f*** off because I've just proved I'm right.[/quote]

Yes, I thought I smelled the same authorship but this is even harsher than Wayne ever got, I believe.  Plus not as badly written.

And you liked Wayne's "style" anyway, so no problem, right?  :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.325 seconds with 77 queries.