Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Trivia...four deaths....  (Read 13575 times)

peterbell1

• Getting Better
Re: Trivia...four deaths....
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 04:19:04 PM »

You guys are good...Lennon, Epstein, Mal Evans and Sutcliffe.

Why was Mal's death anything to do with The Beatles success? I thought he was depressed because his wife had left him, or something like that, and someone called the police because he was threatening to kill himself with a rifle. He pointed the rifle at the police when they arrived and he was shot by them. What's that got to do with The Beatles?

KelMar

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 05:55:23 PM »

Oh come on, that is identified as a myth since long. The injuries that Stu had after that night with that fight, were NOT the cause of his death a few years later.
Read this: http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/index.php?topic=6628.msg258837#msg258837

Thanks for posting that link. This is something I've always wondered about.

Nada Surf

• A Beginning
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 06:33:33 PM »

I found the article interesting too and I have to admit it was the first I'd seen of this...
Sutcliffe was supposedly kicked in the head in 1960, so it's definitely possible the blow didn't cause his death at all.
But even Lewisohn is still writing as fact, as far as I know...He digs everywhere.

Bobber

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 08:20:12 PM »

There's a complete chapter on Stuart's death in Eric Krasker's book. Eric is a member on this forum and there's a lot of information on this book in the book section.

Bobber

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2012, 08:48:40 PM »

But even Lewisohn is still writing as fact, as far as I know...He digs everywhere.

I have searched for this in Lewisohn's Chronicle, but couldn't find it. Could you help me out please?

Nada Surf

• A Beginning
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2012, 12:20:32 AM »

I put Mal in this because, according to his friends and relatives, his life was a mess once the Beatles had no use for him anymore and he plunged into depression.

Abrahamtom

Trivia four deaths
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2015, 10:45:22 AM »

Or why not just do it here...

What Seinfeld episode did George get married to Susan?

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2015, 07:35:31 PM »

Surely George's death - or perhaps, the timing of it - was connected to his membership of The Beatles?

It would take a lot to convince me that the knife attack he suffered at the end of 1999 didn't contribute significantly to hastening his demise within two years.

And that attack was, like John's, the result of being a Beatle. I recall some typically droll quip from George himself along the lines of "this sort of thing never happens to The Rolling Stones!"
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.289 seconds with 48 queries.