Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33

Author Topic: Our Never Ending Beatles Story  (Read 94771 times)

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
Re: Our Never Ending Beatles Story
« Reply #600 on: May 22, 2010, 02:05:18 PM »

Emmi almost stammered out loud when his breath tickled her skin warmly, but quickly resolved to say nothing, merely leaning into his shoulder as he drew in to hold her.  His hands brushed lightly against her sides first, but moved to rest firmly on her lower back.  It made Emmi shudder with delight.
"Are you cold?" Paul asked, noticing the goosebumps on her arms as they worked their way up his chest and around his neck.  An uncontrollable smirk stretched its way across Emmi's face as she thought about what was going to come next.  She dared herself to say the line that was perched on the tip of her tounge.
"Well, I'm sure you can warm me up...  unless you're a coward?"
Paul's eyebrows arched highly as he grinned at her forwardness.  The look in his eyes suddenly became undeniably wanting.
"Never..."
The street was blissfully derelict as Emmi and Paul kissed under the streetlight, but had there been a whole crowd, Emmi wouldn't have cared; the moment his lips touched hers, she lost all of her nervousness and shyness, kissing him back like she'd never kissed anyone before.  Completely lost in each other, they remained entangled on the street, high with joy, while the others were still inside the house, unaware.

John sblack personed a bit louder than he'd intended.
"Look at them two," he said, throwing a hand in the direction of George and Anne.  Having ignored John and Shirli, and arranged themselves rather comfortably on the couch, they were now chattering away in conversation, the both of them blushing and laughing as the other made sweet comments.
"I don't know why he doesn't just carry her upstairs and have done with it!"
"John!" Shirli laughed, batting him playfully on the arm, "some people like to take it slow!  You know, drag out the anticipation."
This makes him quiet for a moment, shifting his balance with a slight wobble through his mild inebriation.  He looked at her through soft eyes.
"Do you like the anticipation?" he asked, his gaze dropping to her shoulder where the strap of her top had slipped down to reveal some extra skin, "or do you want it straight away?"
His hand slid up her arm slowly, touching the fallen strap, and as his eyes met hers again, there was a moment where he thought she was going to kiss him, or jump on him, or...  god knows what.  He pushed gently until she was leaning against a nearby wall, and her hands came up to rest on his chest.  However, to his dismay, they weren't there to embrace him; they were there to deny him.
"Don't," she urged in a near-whisper as he moved closer, holding him away from her strongly.  Their faces were close, eyes searching each other.
"Why?"
"Just don't, John," she replied with a little hurt in her voice, "you know why!"
His hands were grasping at her.
"Wait, let me-"
"-no!"
She slipped out of his grasp, moving rapidly across the room to bolt up the staircase without another word.  John was left staring after her for a moment, trying to comprehend what had just happened, and when he was fed up of thinking, he resigned himself to the unoccupied couch, plonking down and staring at his feet before shooting a gaze at an amorous George and Anne, shouting "get a room!"
Jumping slightly, the pair of them sported bewildered looks before giving in and trotting upstairs with huge grins.

[I've got a big story lined up for John and me!  Let's just say you'll find out the background between them very soon!  :D )

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #601 on: May 22, 2010, 03:32:42 PM »

^^
Awesome! Their story sounds like it'll be really interesting.  ;D

===

With the effects of booze amalgamating with his deep thoughts, John sealed his eyes and breathed steadily through his nose, hoping that he could figure out what he should do next. Does it have anything to do with his mild alcohol intoxication? Well, she should be used to that now, he thought. It must be what had happened a while back...
A very distant sound of giggling seemed to get louder, until it came to the front door. Someone knocked, and it seemed as if they've finally gotten it out of their systems.
John slid off the couch onto his feet and walked slowly to the door, a headache began pressing at his temples.
He opened the door, and Paul and Emmi were barely aware that John was standing there.
"Now that you're all warmed up, what would you like me to do now?" Paul murmured, but John's dissapointment had caught he and Emmi's attention.
"What happened, John?" Emmi asked sympathetically, walking over to him.
"Nothing's changed. I don't know what to do." John clenched his jaw.
"What do you mean? Shirli? Where is she?" Emmi searched John's eyes, but he diverted her gaze.
"She'll get over it, I'm used to it anyways. But even though I always expect it, I still feel like s**t afterwards." John dropped back onto the couch.
"You always drop hints about something that's happened between you two, but you never bother telling us." Paul accused, taking a seat on the arm rest of the couch.
"I'll tell you later, after I get some sleep." he mumbled, barely awake.
George and Anne finally raced eachother downstairs, each had pleased grins.
"Oh God, George, you didn't!!" Paul slapped George's shoulder and laughed hugely.
"We didn't." George returned Paul's enthusiasm.
Anne adjusted her button up shirt, and smirked at Paul.
Emmi squinted at them, figuring out what to believe.
"Well yeah, we did stuff, but we're not ready for that yet." he chuckled. "Oh, and we saw Shirli up there, she looked so upset that we decided not to mess with her."
Paul and Emmi looked at eachother, and ran quickly up the stairs.

George does not approve.

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #602 on: May 22, 2010, 05:50:07 PM »

There were two bedrooms in the house; the one to the left was silent, unoccupied after George and Anne had paraded back downstairs, their faces silly with excitement.  It didn't take Emmi and Paul long to realise that Shirli was hiding in the right bedroom.  Paul gave Emmi an unsure glance, and she returned it, plucking up the courage to knock on the door.
"Shirli?  Are you okay?"
There was silence for a few seconds, during which Emmi and Paul could only wait, shifting their weight from foot to foot.
"Ah, leave her," Paul urged to Emmi, "she's probably just waitin' for us to go away.  You know how girls are..."
"No," Emmi resisted, "John looked pretty rough downstairs, and he's the one that hides his feelings...  If he was that upset, Shirli's probably worse."
She rapped on the door again, a little harder this time, and it seemed to do the trick; a small shuffling sounded at the back of the room, and then heavy footsteps that sounded foreboding.  The door swung open slowly, creaking softly, to reveal Shirli.  It was easy to tell that she'd been crying; her bloodshot eyes and smudged mascara gave her away.
"What?" she shot simply, gazing indifferently at Emmi, then at Paul.
"We just wanted to know if you were okay," Emmi said comfortingly, "what happened?"
"I don't wanna talk about it," Shirli replied shortly, and folded her arms across her chest defensively, as always.
"John's pretty wound up down there," Paul added, and for a fleeting moment, the piercing look in Shirli's eyes softened.
"Really?"
Emmi and Paul both nodded vigorously.
"I think he might want to talk to you, when you've both calmed down," Emmi suggested, but Shirli's shaking head instantly denied any further contact between them.
"No, I don't want to."
There was a horribly awkward moment during which Shirli merely stared at the bare floorboards, appearing to be holding back more tears, and Paul and Emmi stood there giving each other helpless looks, wondering what the hell to do now.
"Shirli...  we know something happened a long time ago."
Shirli met Emmi's eyes, surprised at the statement, and shifted her gaze towards Paul as he added "John talks about you all the time, you know."
Shirli still couldn't say a word.
"...what happened, love?"
For a moment, both Emmi and Paul expected her to collapse into tears and tell them everything, her mouth wavering, but unfortunately, they were wrong.
"I can't tell you.  It's not for you to know."
"But love," Paul protested, "if you tell us, then maybe we can set it straight-"
"No," Shirli insisted more firmly, "I just...  I can't..."
Emmi sighed; how long would it be before Shirli let go of this defensive, closed-off characted she'd created?  Weeks?  Months?  Never?
"Please," Emmi pleaded, but Shirli shook her head again, the choppy ends of her hair flying, and slid back into the bedroom.
"Why the hell not?" Paul shouted as the door slammed.  There was a silent moment before a much more vulnerable voice replied "I'm just not ready yet!"
Great; another triumph for teenage romance.  What the hell had John done to make her so wound up?  Judging by this, it's a miracle they can even be in the same room together.  Emmi and Paul shared an exasperated look.
"Well, there's nothing we can do about it now," Paul said, squeezing Emmi's hand, and she looked at him with a small smile.  It didn't take long for Paul's mind to return to what he was thinking about before they'd come in the house.
"So...  how about a nice rendezvous to the other bedroom then, eh?"
Emmi couldn't help but laugh, and they turned away from Shirli's door to stride across the hall and into the room, shutting the door behind them.

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #603 on: May 22, 2010, 10:09:31 PM »

Well... how much detail are we allowed to go into? I'd like to hear about this lil rendezvous with Paulie, so how graphic will we/can we get?? Hm?

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #604 on: May 22, 2010, 11:23:47 PM »

Hehehe!  I'm not sure...  hopefully as long as it's not outwardly offensive, and we keep it in the thread, it'll be okay.  It's not like anyone other than us girls come in here, is it?

xxx

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #605 on: May 23, 2010, 10:23:53 PM »

Wasn't there that one time where Lucy got upset over something and a mod popped out of nowhere to set things straight? I guess the mods rarely check in here. We'll see what we can do then!  :D

George does not approve.

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #606 on: May 24, 2010, 12:06:24 AM »

Go for it, Ems.  As long as you don't use too many graphic words to describe certain things or actions...  I'm sure we'll be fine!  :P

xxx

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #607 on: May 24, 2010, 01:25:41 AM »

(*cheats way out of doing this scene*)

Paul locked the door behind them both and kissed Emmi heatedly, his hands slid up and down her waist, finding new places to hold her.
"Paul.." Emmi said softly.
"Yes, love?" he asked in between kisses.
".. What do you think is bothering Shirli?" This wasn't the question Paul wanted to hear, he wanted to hear his name, not someone elses.
"Babe, let's not think about that now.." He murmued slowly in her hear, resting her against a wall.
"Paul, come on, I'm curious.." She gently pushed Paul off her and ran a free hand through her hair, thinking of what was wrong with the newly-friended Shirli.
Paul wrapped his arms around her waist from behind, "It really can't wait to be debated?" He asked, feeling the heat that was rising in him slowly disinigrate.
"No, it can't." She sighed, "Sorry." She said softly.
"Nah, it's alright." Paul said, "I should check on John anyways." He said. They unlocked the door and went downstairs to find John laying on the couch with his eyes shut tight. "John, John mate.." Paul tapped on John's shoulder.

Short, I know. Sorry.

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #608 on: May 24, 2010, 05:34:30 PM »

John's brow furrowed as he stirred from his sleep, squinting uncomfortably as he lifts his head.
"What, mate?"
"Listen," Paul said with a hint of anxiety, "we need to talk about Shirli."
He didn't let up when a dark expresson spread across John's face, insisting "you NEED to stop whatever this is.  Do you know how upset she is up there?"
This seemed to rouse his interest; he swung his legs off the couch, sitting upright and rubbing his face roughly.
"Look," he said, eyeing Paul strongly, "I know something needs to happen, but I don't wanna go into it.  Not when I don't know how she feels."
Paul shifted his feet worriedly, wondering what the situation could possibly be to tear the both of them up like this.
"Were you together once?"
The question remained unanswered.
"Did you hurt her?  She hurt you?"
John snorted huffily with some sort of morbid amusement.
"Both, mate, both."
"You know I can't help you if I don't understand," Paul stated, and John glanced up at him with apologetic eyes.
"I know, I'm sorry.  I don't think I should say anything without knowing what she wants to make happen first..."

Upstairs, Emmi trod gingerly across the hall towards the room that Shirli was occupying, taking a deep breath for the stubbornness and deflection she knew was coming.  Still, she had to try.  Her knocks came sharp on the door, unashamed.  This time, she didn't call after her like an over-concerned mother, but waited for a reply.  To her surprise, Shirli pulled the door open slowly after the first set of knocks.  Her eyes were no longer red and worrying, but she didn't exactly look happy.  She exhaled strongly when she saw Emmi.
"I...  I thought it might have been John."
Emmi smiled thinly.
"Sorry to disappoint."
The pair shared an earnest grin for the first time, and while nervousness rippled through Shirli, Emmi hoped that this would be the start of a proper friendship.  Shirli had been so closed off so far.
"I think Paul's having a word with John downstairs," Emmi informed, and Shirli nodded with a hint of worry.
"Look, I'm not being nosy here...  I just wanna be a friend, you know?"
Shirli met Emmi's eyes with some sort of surprise, but at the same time, she seemed thankful.  Her voice trembled as she spoke next, sounding uncharacteristically vulnerable.
"Can we go outside?"
"Of course," Emmi replied, knowing it would be bloody freezing, but if that was what it would take to make the connection, then fine.  The pair of them traipsed downstairs; Emmi had to catch Shirli's wrist and practically pull her towards the front door just to get her to walk past John, who was staring strangely at her from the couch.  On the way out, Paul shot the pair of you a look that seemed to say 'try not to worry'.  Emmi turned and shut the door behind them as Shirli walked on, making her way around the corner and taking a seat on some large concrete steps that lead up to the doorway of what looked like a small hotel.  Emmi carefully took a seat next to her, watching with a frown as Shirli pulled a packet of cigarettes out of the pocket of her baggy trousers.
"Ciggie?" she offered, holding out the pack to Emmi.
"You keep them," she replied, shaking her head, and Shirli retracted the packet, lighting her cigarette with a little struggle, due to the night breeze.  There were a few moments of silence, during which Shirli blew smoke into the cold air, clouds of it hanging densely before thinning into wisps.
"I'm sorry I'm a total recluse."
The apology came as a shock to Emmi, who glanced across at Shirli quickly.  Shirli didn't look back.
"It's fine, some people are just like that."
"I wasn't always," Shirli replied, "it's just when you get hurt...  You don't like to share things anymore, in case people wreck everything you have."
It was quite a heavy sentiment to say the least.
"Shirli, please tell me what happened between you and John.  I think I'll go crazy if you don't.  We all will."
There was a predictable silence again, and then Shirli actually began to tell the truth.
"I was with someone else," she began, still not daring to look at Emmi, "he was single.  He told you we were at college, didn't he?"
Emmi nodded, remembering the mysterious introduction.
"He joined my class last year.  Rubbish at everything, like."
She actually giggled, obviously remniscing about something that must have happened in class.  Thinking about John's mischievous nature, Emmi could imagine the type of hijinks he might have got up to.
"But we talked all the time.  At first I thought he didn't like me - he used to call me a boy and push me around."
She said it with a small smile, obviously not offended.
"But I was wrong...  We started seeing each other after class, goin' to the pub, the cinema...  I was spendin' more time with him than with my boyfriend!"
"Did your boyfriend find out?" Emmi pushed, when the conversation stopped.  Shirli winced a little.
"You could say that.  You could say he went round John's house and nearly pulled him apart with his bare hands."
Shock came across Emmi as she pictured the violence in her mind; John and Shirli's unknown partner, throwing each other all over Mimi's pristene house.
"It started after that," Shirli continued, her voice getting quieter, "they would fight over me.  Physically, whenever they saw each other-"
The memories seemed to cloud Shirli's eyes as they grew tearful.
"And they would bully me, equally...  It was so immature, like a f***ing...  tug of f***ing war between them, with me in the middle!"
Now her voice was getting high and sharp, and to be honest, Emmi was getting worried; Shirli looked pretty hysterical.
"And I couldn't stand it!  So I told them both to f*** off, and leave me alone."
She took a huge pull on her cigarette and took it back the wrong way, due to her ragged breath, coughing as the smoke came billowing out of her nose.  As she turned to look at Emmi, Emmi was taken aback at the amount of tears now shining on Shirli's face; it was a little scary.
"Come here," Emmi soothed, scooting across the cold, scraping surface of the steps to embrace Shirli.  Shirli accepted her, throwing the cigarette into the street and falling into the hug.  The pair held each other for a while, tears constantly streaking down Shirli's cheeks and onto the concrete.
"I don't know what to do, Emmi," she moaned, hurt rife in her voice, "I still want him!  But he might hurt me again!"

xxx

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #609 on: May 24, 2010, 10:38:18 PM »

John sat upright on the couch, rested his elbows on his knees to support his upper half from falling over, and hung his head. He squinted his eyes shut. He could feel Paul's dissapointed stare stabbing at him. John finally heaved an exhale and lifted his head to look at Paul. He grimaced, and went to tug a smushed pack of cigarettes from his pocket. Not diverting his grimace from Paul, he popped a cigarette in his lip and silently lit the other end. He inhaled, and and pulled the cigarette out with two of his fingers and exhaled a thin, translucent strip of smoke from a little opening he made with his lips.
John cleared his throat.
"So. What do you want to know." John drawled with an imprudent expression on his face.
"Everything." Paul firmly replied, his expression still solid.
John chuckled. "Why do you even care? Is this so that Emmi will be pleased and have a go with you?"
"Just tell me what happened, John."
John rolled his eyes and tucked the cigarette back into his lip. He told Paul of the warm moments between him and Shirli, and the horrible moments involving her boyfriend.
"...And I never meant..." John searched for the right words, his mouth still open to fill in the spaces. Just as his eyes reddened, his eyebrows scrunched together in anger.
He cleared his throat again.
"I never meant....for her to..to be hurt." He closed his eyes and formed his lips into a straight line. "I was being such a bloody moron, I don't know what I was thinking."
For a moment, John just stared into space as more forgotten memories flooded back to his mind. Paul stared at him, patiently waiting for more to the story.
John finally flashed his eyes back to Paul. "I've been trying to win her back somehow. I've been trying to show her that I've changed."
Paul looked to the floor and bit his lower lip.
"...Thanks for listening." John muttered, staring at the cigarette he held in front of my face.
"No problem. I'm going to look for Emmi." Paul stood up and walked to the front door, patting John's shoulder on the way.
John chuckled and rolled his eyes.
Just as Paul opened the door, Emmi and Shirli recoiled from the entrance.
"Oh, Paul, you frightened me there!" Emmi caught her breath as she walked past Paul into the house.
John shot to his feet as he saw Shirli walk in.

George does not approve.

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #610 on: May 25, 2010, 01:43:16 PM »

Something must have changed in John's mind since telling Paul some of the details, as he placed his cigarette in the lone ashtray on the table in front of him and strode somewhat confidently up to Shirli, searching her eyes so intently that she couldn't avoid his gaze.
"Can we talk please?"
His voice was hoarse and quiet.
"Fine."
The reply seemed pretty scathing, and from what Shirli had described, Emmi thought it was sort of well justified.  To push and pull a girl around like that just isn't fair, especially when you're playing around with someone's emotions.  The pair turned to glance at everyone, and in unison, they all got the message and vacated the room, trundling upstairs and into the bedrooms.  John and Shirli couldn't seem to move, both transfixed upon each other without words.  Neither dared to speak first, but John decided that he had to be brave.
"Look...  We didn't even know Emmi and Anne until today, and it didn't take 'em long at all to catch onto our problems.  We need to stop this being obvious."
"Well, maybe you shouldn't go for me all the time and shake things up," Shirli shot back with venom, "I don't hit on you in public, do I?  In fact, I don't even hit on you at all, 'cause I KNOW what would happen."
"Go on then," John replied slowly, hurt starting to show on his face, "what would happen?"
Shirli knew he was waiting for her to insult him, but she couldn't not tell the truth.
"You'll swing me around on your arm like a trophy in front of all your mates, and then when we're alone..."
She seemed to struggle with her sorrow for a moment, swallowing hard, not allowing herself to seem weak in front of him.
"...you'll just treat me the way you did before, like a possession.  I can't let you hurt me like that again."
John straightened up sharply, the offense glinting in his eyes, and his height caused him to tower over her indimidatingly.
"You don't f***ing know that at all," he spat, and the pair shared a venemous glare, neither wanting to concede to the other.
"How do you know?" she wailed back, "and how do you know that I'd wanna be with you again?  How dare you just presume that I'm madly in love with you or something stupid like that!"
Their bodies were suddenly close now, in that tangible proximity that suggests that they were about to either kiss or fight.  While John snarled outwardly, inside he was floundering; didn't she really want him back?  He was so certain that she still pined after him, too scared to commit...
"Hey," Shirli barked loudly, "get outta your daydream, Lennon.  If we're done here, I'm goin' home."
The temptation to just throw her out right there and then almost overwhelmed John, his curled fist twitching, but the last remaining shreds of admiration he had for her stopped him.
"Wait," he grunted through gritted teeth, "let's not end it like this."
"Well alright then," Shirli scathed, obviously still hysterically mad, "you tell me how you want it to be, and we'll do whatever the hell you want."
Her anger was starting to bite at John's senses; he was starting to get emotional, his fury waning into sadness.
"Don't say it like that...  just..."
Shirli maintained her steady glare at John, whose eyes were tracing across the floor around his feet, trying to hold back tears.
"Let's at least act like normal friends in front of everyone else."
"Right," she replied shortly, her voice finally growing quieter, "good.  Then maybe now every new friend I meet won't think I'm a complete tool for once."
The insult stung in John's chest, and he still couldn't look at her.
"Can't we...  sort this out?  Without fighting?"
His voice was unbelievably frail, completely uncharacteristic of him.  Somehow, his obvious sorrow didn't seem to affect Shirli.
"We need to keep our distance, alright?  We can still hang out with everyone...  Just don't crowd me.  I really don't need that."
"F-fine."
The reply was so small and timid, it sounded like someone else.  They stood there in silence for a moment, John's watery gaze burning holes in his shoes, while Shirli just looked on with a grim frown.
"If you're all goin' out with Emmi and Anne again, let me know.  Or get someone else to."
Without anything more to say, Shirli turned to leave.
"How're you gettin' home?"
His question remained unanswered, as the door slammed behind her, like a punch in the face.  It looked as though this night was over.

xxx

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #611 on: May 27, 2010, 03:27:45 AM »

The next morning seemed to creep up the horizon sooner than John thought. The whole time, John had been drifting in and out of his sleep on the couch. He exhaled deeply through his mouth, and pushed himself off the couch. He dragged his feet over the wood floor to grip the neck of his guitar which stood by the window near the front door. He looped the strap over his head and walked back to sit on the arm rest of the couch. He softly began to play an innocent tune.

Upstairs, Paul and Emmi had occupied the room that was right next to the room that Shirli had locked herself up in. The battered bed they slept deeply in was just the perfect size to fit the both of them in. They both faced to the right, so that Paul's arm was hooked around Emmi's waste. The deeper notes that John emitted from his guitar creeped into Paul and Emmi's room, which awoke Paul.
"...Emmi?" Paul barely opened his eyes as he shifted himself slightly.
Emmi smiled, but was still sleeping.
Paul hovered his body over Emmi's to leave the bed, and headed downstairs.
He smiled a little to hear another set of footsteps trailing not too far behind him.

In a room across from Shirli's was where George and Anne slept. Sort of. Anne slept sitting vertically with her back resting on the side of the bed, while George settled fully on the mattress. He swung his legs off to the side, right next to Anne, and stabbed the strings of the guitar he had also been recently playing, which woke Anne in a jolt.
"SHI-...God, George, what was that for?!" Anne dragged her hands down her face.
"Just messing around with you." he grinned. "Let's head downstairs."

Paul and John were slipping on their sleek leather jackets and combed roughly through their hair. George hastily stumbled in to join them. Emmi was also getting dressed for the day, and Anne busied herself with brushing George's hair.
"The cavern?" Paul finally asked after a few moments of silence, pulling on his boots.
"Yea." John simply replied.
Once everyone had finally finished with getting dressed, they scattered throughout the house to fetch their personal belongings. But John decided to head out first, guessing that he'll just meet everyone else once he gets to the cavern.
To his suprise, he saw Shirli curled up onto the steps of the front porch, the subtle wind pushing strands of her hair back. That seemed to be the only thing moving, the rest of her was still.
John rushed over, his quick footsteps awoke her, and he fell to his knees and embraced her.
Shirli opened her mouth to respond to his actions.

George does not approve.

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #612 on: May 27, 2010, 01:00:02 PM »

"John, don't..." she mumbled, but he wouldn't have any of it.
"I thought you went home?"
There was slight panic in his voice while images of her sleeping out there all night flashed up in his mind constantly.
"Aren't you bloody freezing?"
"I'm fine, just go..."
Her pleas did nothing to deter him; slipping off his only recently donned leather jacket, he placed it around her shoulders, now stiff and clenched after bracing against the wind for so long.  Shifting to kneel on the cold step in front of her, he held her hands softly.
"Me mam chucked me out again," she stated sadly, without being prompted, "you know how she gets when I stay out all night.  So I just came back here.  I did knock, but..."
"sh*t," John replied bluntly, "I'm so sorry.  I would have let you come to mine if you didn't wanna be around everyone."
Shirli snorted with disdain.
"What, so I could crash at Mimi's house, littering her perfectly arranged couch?"
There was a fleeting moment of amusement between them, and then John said quietly "no, I would have brought you upstairs with me."
Shirli looked at the way his hands held hers, stroking delicately; was this really the same boy who'd given her so much pain not so long ago?  Seeing him act like this now, with so much care...  She wanted to trust him.  She wanted to throw herself into his arms and stay there until it was all over, hell, until her heart stopped, if she could.
"I think she'll let me back in now though," she uttered, and John's breath tingled upon her skin as he exhaled with disappointment.
"You sure you don't wanna come with me?  I won't do anything - I won't even touch you, if you don't want me to.  I promise."
Suddenly Shirli found her hand stroking across John's hot cheek, feeling how wonderful his skin was under her thumb.  The hand John had been holding hers with worked its way slowly over her knee and gently up her thigh a little way, grasping in a way that wasn't sexual, but affectionate and full of adoration.  Was he leaning in to kiss her?  Oh god, it was too much.
"Wait..." Shirli exclaimed quietly, her pulse racing, "no, I need to go home, really.  But if you guys are going out tonight..."
Their eyes met in a loving way, as if looking into each other's souls.
"...you'll tell me, right?"
John nodded vigorously.
"Don't worry, I'll give you a ring.  And if we don't...  well, I might give you a ring anyway, if that's alright with you?"
Shirli found herself having to contain the smile that somehow leapt onto her face.
"Yes, alright."
Then John started to lean towards her, and she panicked internally that he was going to push it too far, but she was wrong; the tip of his nose traced over hers, upwards, until his breath came blissfully warm on her forehead, where he kissed softly but deeply.  She could tell he wanted to kiss again, to lead a trail of them down to her lips, where he craved to plunge his tongue against hers.  But he didn't.  Pulling himself away from her with considerable effort, he gazed intently into her eyes, before standing up and helping her to her feet, pulling his leather jacket from her shoulders.  Then he just let her go.
"I'll see you later, maybe," he murmured softly with a small smile, and she returned it earnestly, butterflies fluttering inside her.
"Bye John."
It came in a near-whisper, and before anything else could happen, she turned her head away and stepped down to the street, looking back only once on her way down the road to smile at John, who could barely contain his affection.  Trying not to think about it all too much, he turned and strode back inside to tell the others that she'd gone, and then it was on to The Cavern.

xxx

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #613 on: June 01, 2010, 10:45:52 PM »

No one? No one? I guess I'll go then!  ;D

---

John looped the strap of his guitar over his shoulder and gripped the neck. He slid the guitar downwards a little so that he'd be clutching the neck by his thigh. The morning had a mildly translucent layer of fog lingering around the streets, so the trail back to the cavern was a bit tricky. The streets were seemingly silent, other than the gentle wind and distant rumbles of car engines. Paul dangled one arm around Emmi and the other hand stuffed deep in the pocket of his leather jacket.
"Wait, don't we go this way?" Paul pointed towards the sidewalk opposite of them.
"No." John didn't seem to pay attention as he squinted in the fog.
"Wear your glasses." George chuckled.
"I don't need them!" John spat over his shoulder.
His pace quickened as he cut the trail of the sidewalk and crossed the empty road.
The rest followed suit and sped up after him. Before anyone could react, the fleeting hiss of bicycle wheels became louder and louder. The cyclist struggled for the breaks and was heading hopelessly towards Paul, until John broke into a run and shoved Paul profusely out of the way. They both landed forcibly on the concrete, and the cyclist's bike halted over John's ankle, which sent the cyclist flying a few feet in the air before making brutal contact to the concrete as well. He came to a stop and groaned as he hugged his rib cage.
Paul scrambled to his feet and his breath was shaking, yet the feeling of panic was shot down his spine as he witnessed two injured people sprawled before him.
"John! Get up, man! Are you okay?!" Paul grabbed his hand and helped him up.
"NO. I'M NOT" he growled in pain through gritted teeth.
"John! Where does it hurt?!" Emmi patted John about his chest for signs of heavier pain on his face.
While they dealt with John, Anne rushed to the side of the cyclist.
"Sir! Can you hear me?" He squeezed his eyes shut in pain as he sat up. Anne smiled in relief and helped him to his feet.
George hurried over to Anne as soon as he saw the cyclist return a smile to her.
"You alright, mate?" George asked breathlessly, still in shock of what had happened.
"Yea, I'll be okay. It'll just be bruises for a while. I gotta get going." he smiled once more towards Anne before rushing to his bike and accelerating down the road.
"I don't like him very much." George narrowed his eyes.
"Oh, forget about him! Let's check on John again!" Anne jogged to John's side.
"Come on! Before the road gets busy!" Emmi assisted John on reaching the other sidewalk.
Once they had reached it, they all paused for a moment and stared at one another.
"That was a bit of a scare, but we still need to keep going or else our pay will be cut." John assured everyone.
"My ankle hurts like f**k, but there's no way I'm gonna be a wuss about it." A grin stretched across his face.
Everyone returned his smile, knowing that everything was alright again. Before they knew it, they rushed down the steps and entered the cavern.
They halted when they saw Shirli sitting at the edge of the stage, her legs swinging off the wood frame, gently playing a popular tune on a cheap guitar with her eyes closed.
"Shirli." John murmured with a smile as he snuck up on her.

George does not approve.

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #614 on: June 02, 2010, 06:26:15 PM »

Paul, Emmi, George and Anne watched with smiles as they made their way towards the bar, George and Paul insisting on buying the ladies a drink.  As John made his way over to her slowly, Shirli sat with her eyes fixed upon her knees, unseeing, but sparkling with joy as the song rattled through her.  Her voice rose and fell melodically as she murmured the words quietly along to the chords she strummed out with surprising fluidity.  John paused at the stage's edge, and simply watched her feet swing in time with the music, her lips form the shapes of the words happily, her fingers dance across the fretboard.  After a few moments, he shuffled quietly towards the opposite side of the stage and swung up, tiptoeing across to crouch behind her.
"Just to see her smile..."
He'd begun harmonising above her vocal, which made her jump and stop playing, swivelling around quickly to see him.
"Oh god, John!" she exclaimed breathily, "how long have you been there?!"
He chuckled quietly before replying "not long.  Keep going."
She turned back around and picked up the song again, singing softly in a voice that trembled slightly with embarrassment.
"Just to see her smile, makes my life worthwhile..."
John joined in with his sandpaper tones, harmonising with her in a way that seemed so easy, as though they'd done it before.
"To know, know, know her, is to love, love, love her..."
He sat behind her, leaning in to murmur the words in her ear.
"...and I do..."
His warm breath tickled her skin, sending a pleasured shiver down her spine.  She was thankful her back was to him, so he couldn't see the size of her smile.  They sat and sang together until the song was done, and then she turned around to face him with a happy expression.
"That was nice," she said honestly, "I never get to harmonise with anyone."
"Well," he replied, averting his eyes for a moment, "you can always count on me."
There was a moment of bashful silence, and then John caught the eye of the Cavern owner, who tapped his watch from across the room in a warning.
"sh*t, better get a move on," John muttered, and Shirli merely nodded and placed the guitar down on the stage, sliding to her feet on the dancefloor and making her way towards Anne and Emmi without a look back.
"That was different," Anne commented, nodding towards the guitar John was now picking up, "who taught you to play?"
"Oh," Shirli uttered, a little off-guard, "John did."
"Very nice," Anne remarked, holding the gaze that Shirli shot her.  Unlike usual, where Shirli would have scorned Anne for making a link between her and John, she smirked instead.  There was even a little blush in her cheeks.
"...Shut up!"
The words came with a laugh, and Anne and Emmi joined in the giggles, strangely happy that Shirli hadn't lashed out for once.  Were things changing?  Who knew.

xxx

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #615 on: June 06, 2010, 02:17:57 AM »

"Anne? Emmi?" George said, walking over to the girls. They turned to face him and George discreetly laced his fingers in with Anne's, "Your drinks are up at the bar, wanna join us?"
Anne's cheeks flushed slightly, and her hand held George's a little tighter, "Of course."
The girls and George made their way up to the bar where John and Paul were sitting, conversing about something very heatedly.
"John, we all know you love 'er, why don't you make your move already?" Paul said quietly.
"Because I need to take this slow. I hurt 'er, Paul, I need to ease into this." John said with a small sigh, "I want to regain her trust before I jump in the deep end."
"Well, the John Lennon I know will do this right, I can count on that." Paul said with a half-smile.
"What are you two up to now?" George smirked as they finally reached the bar.
"Nothing important, Besides.." Paul smiled and held Emmi's hips, "Seeing this lovely bird made me lose my train of thought."
Emmi blushed slightly, "You flirt," She said with a small smile as Paul got off his barstool.
"Well, my favorite song just came on and I need a partner, join me?" He asked her and she nodded. Paul took her hand and lead her out to the dance floor. He wrapped his arms around her hips and her hands ran up his neck. The others watched from the bar and they saw Paul whispering softly in her ear, then Emmi would blush and smile at whatever he said.
"Wow, they sure hit it off quickly." Anne said, and looked over to George. He didn't seem to be as straight-forward about their relationship as Paul was with Emmi, but Anne didn't mind. George looked over to her, and gave her a soft smile.
"They did, I just wonder if he's as fond of her as I am of you." He said quietly, "Paul has a tendancy to move quickly."
This caught Anne off gaurd. Paul seemed so... happy, with Emmi. Was he like this with all of his girls? It really made her wonder. "Well, we'll have to see, won't we?" Anne smiled a little.
"We will." George took both of Anne's hands in his, then pressed his nose against her's gently. Anne knew what was coming next....

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #616 on: June 08, 2010, 01:54:47 AM »

Anne could barely contain her gigantic smile as George's lips began to caress hers, in front of the entire mass of youths swarming around the Cavern.  George felt her smiling, and he began to sport one too as he kissed her deeply.  John then turned to speak to George and got an eye-full of their tongue-fest.
"RIGHT THEN...  I'll just be off now..."
He slipped from his bar stool with a roll of his eyes, and George and Anne had to break away to laugh heartily.  It didn't last long though; within seconds, Anne's hands had made their way to George's face and pulled him back for more joyful kissing.  Meanwhile, John strode across the room, stealing quick glances around for Shirli.  Seeing Paul and Emmi dance that way, close and almost suggestive...  he wanted to do the same with her.  Then all of a sudden, he heard his name being barked rather loudly to his left.
"John," the Cavern owner urged, all flustered, "you and your performin' monkeys better get up there sharpish, or you're not gettin' paid!"
"Yeah alright, alright..."
Damn.  Looked like dancing was off the menu.  He tapped Paul grudgingly on the shoulder, muttering "stage, now," at the annoyed stare he got.  Shouting roughly for George, who jumped and gave Anne one last kiss for the time being, John hopped up onto the stage, laying soft eyes on the spot where he and Shirli had been sitting only minutes ago, singing for each other in a way he wished he could hear every day.  Once the boys were ready, the show finally got underway.
"Hello everybody," Paul greeted brightly, and every body in the club swivelled around to face the stage, a sudden crackle of excitement tangible in the air, "we are The Beatles!"
There's a huge cheer that seemed to rattle the whole roof.  Paul decides to scrap the rest of the introductions and just get straight into the Rock And Roll.
"Alright lads...  one, two, three, FAH!"
'I Saw Her Standing There' slaps into the atmosphere with satisfying vigour, and the crowd instantly begins to dance.  Shirli, Anne and Emmi didn't fail to join in, swinging and clapping with joy, huge grins on their heated faces.

The gig passed much too fast; it seemed only moments ago that the boys began, but all too soon, they were taking their final bow.  There had been much swooning, screaming and all kinds of raucous enjoyment, and it caused excitement to speed through the veins of The Beatles and the girls, breathless but wanting more.
"Christ," John panted as he approached the waiting girls at the bar, "that was a corker!"
"Yeah mate," Paul chips in loudly, slapping a hand to John's shoulder, "that blonde bird down the left-hand-side was givin' you all the attention!"
He mimed terribly obvious flirting and overexaggerated hip thrusting while John's eyes rolled, and everyone laughed.
"You know she'd never get me, mate," John replied, "I'm limited availability."
His eyes came to rest on Shirli, who looked away, outwardly attempting not to appear affected by it.
"Well, what do you wanna do now then?" George asked, glancing around the group.
"I don't know about you, but I'm in the mood for a PARTY!" Paul enthused, and John nodded.
"Definitely, I wanna get some beers down me and shake it all out...  ladies?  You wanna stay and dance here, or choose a different club?"
Anne glanced at Emmi and displayed a small smirk.  Emmi turned her head and shot the same smirk at Shirli, who cocked her eyebrows in excitement.

xxx

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #617 on: June 22, 2010, 03:22:37 AM »

"Another club!" Emmi declared loudly, shooting her arm in the air and curling it around Paul's waist.
"Heh, okay. But go easy on the drinks, eh?" John chuckled as he flipped up his collar.
One by one, they headed out the door. The boys carefully maneuvered their vintage instruments out the narrow entrance.
"Why don't you leave them inside the cavern?" Anne asked as she strided to George's side and looped the strap over his carefully slicked-back hair.
"This street's shady, I wouldn't want some bloke to steal our gear, leaving us jobless." John retorted. Shirli took a step closer to John's side.
"John, calm down. I bet the whole street heard you, let's just get moving." she murmured by his ear.
"Where is this club?" Emmi's eyes wandered the mid afternoon sky, crossing her arms.
"Riiight...here!" Paul skipped ahead of the group to open the door, motioning them in dramatically.
The inside of this compact club was slightly similar to the cavern, but the bar took up an entire corner. The air was filled with life as people danced with the largest amount of energy, while the rest struggled to talk over the booming crowd. There was an empty row of seats by the bar that stood in front of the corner of the club, where John led the group.
"It's kind of small!" Paul cupped his hands around his mouth, yelling over the obscene noise.
"Huh?!" Emmi shook her head, pointing to her ear.
"Round of drinks on me!" John hollered, drawing attention of party goers closest to him.
John realized his mistake.
"Not yo-" George waved his arms.
"FREE DRINKS, EH?" squeaked a young teenage boy with an unlit cigar.
"NO." John spat.
"Of all the clubs, John." Shirli shook her head as she caught John's attention.
"What's so great about this club anyways?!" George challenged, his voice cracking near the end.
Paul tried to hide a smile.
"What was that? Don't laugh at me!"
"I didn't!" Paul frowned.
John pinched the upper bridge of his nose and heaved a sigh.
"Wanna leave?!" he rolled his eyes.

George does not approve.

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #618 on: June 23, 2010, 05:01:27 PM »

Paul sighed, "Yeah, we might as well go somewhere el-"
"PAUL!" Emmi shouted, cutting his sentence short, "Come dance with me!" She ran up to him and wrapped her arms around his neck and giggled uncontrollably.
Paul gave a small laugh, "Are you okay baby?" He asked, catching her around her waist, because she seemed to be a little uneasy.
"I'm fiinne." She said, "But you  should buy me another drink."
"I don't think so." Paul smirked, "Come 'ead love, let's go over to the diner and I'll get you some coffee."
"But Paauul." Emmi said, dragging his name out, "I don't want to leave yet. I'm having fun!"
"Em, listen to Paul." Anne said, who hadn't drank nearly as much as Emmi had. "You aren't going to be happy with yourself if you don't."
Emmi sighed, "But-"
"Aye, if the girl doesn't want to leave, don't make 'er." A strange man's voice said over Paul's shoulder. He smirked and walked over to Emmi, "Hey baby, do you want to come with me for a while?"
Emmi didn't like the look on the guys face, it made her uneasy, "Whats your name?" She asked him, cocking her head slightly.
"My name's Andrew, nice to meet you." He took Emmi's hand and kissed it softly, then gave Paul a strange look that she couldn't make out. But the situation at hand was definitely sobering her up.
"Um, you know, I think I should go with Paul..." Emmi said, linking arms with Paul.
"Well, are you sure?" He asked, grabbing Emmi's waist and trying to take her from the scene.
"Don't TOUCH her!" Paul exclaimed, grabbing Emmi back and throwing a punch at Andrew.
"You b*stard." Andrew said as he got knocked to the ground.
Paul looked down at him, "Thats what you get for messing with my girl." He said bluntly, "Come on Em, let's go."
When Emmi and Paul reached the outside world, the others were standing on the sidewalk waiting for them.
"What happened?" Anne asked as a tearful Emmi and a obviously p*ssed Paul reached them.
"We had a slight encounter with someone." Paul muttered under his breath, "I'll clarify later."
John eyed Paul, wondering what he did to make Emmi so upset, "What did you do to 'er?" He said with a bit of disgust.
"I didn't do anything!" Paul defended, "You really think I'd hurt 'er?"
"Well she's bloody hysterical!" John spat back, "I know a hurt girl when I see one!"
That hit Shirli in a bad place, "Well we all know that John. Come on Emmi," she said as she took Emmi from Paul, "Walk with me and Anne and tell us what happened."
Emmi was froze, "I don't want to leave Paul." She said, holding him tighter, "He didn't hurt me. I'm fine. Let's just go home, okay?" Emmi was a very over-sensetive person, the smallest things that happen will make her just break down.
"See?" Paul said to John, "Don't judge so quick, alright?"

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #619 on: June 24, 2010, 02:35:29 PM »

"Boys, come on!" Shirli interrupted, "let's not make a bigger fuss about this than we need to.  Come on."
She set off walking down the street, catching Emmi's arm along the way, which caused Paul to go along too, having been clamped to Emmi's side too.  John, George and Anne followed a little behind so as not to seem like eavesdroppers.
"What happened then?" Shirli asked Paul, shooting him a look that almost seemed like a discerning mother.
"Look, there was just some creep tryin' to dance with 'er, so I popped 'im one in the face...  no more than he deserved."
"Well," Shirli retorted highly, "you can't just go punchin' everyone who looks at your bird!"
"No, no..." Emmi interjected quietly, seeming to have calmed down slightly, "I didn't want to dance with that guy.  He tried to pull me away."
There was a small silence as the three trudged onwards, arm in arm, forming a chain across the street as they walked.
"Andrew, or something," Paul added more softly.  Shirli stopped her scolding of Paul and turned her attention to Emmi, cooling down.
"Did you know him?"
There was no reply, which made the situation suddenly seem much worse.
"Ems...  did you know him?  You can tell us...  You were nicer than I imagined you would be to me when I was upset."
This made Emmi look up to hold Shirli's gaze with a little smile.
"It's only right I return the favour."

xxx

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33

Page created in 0.313 seconds with 78 queries.