Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Microscope: Wild Life  (Read 15550 times)

glass onion

• Getting Better
Re: Microscope: Wild Life
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2011, 08:53:06 AM »

I dont really need to answer this do I?
guilty pleasures,todd dear boy,guilty pleasures!!i'm not saying bip bop ranks with other paul classics but we all know that paul is prone to adding songs (used in the broadest sense of the word) to albums that maybe he shouldn't have......wild honey pie,perhaps?so it's forgiveable is all i'm saying on the matter.i think there is worse out there.to quote john lennon ".....i hear it and it doesn't make me puke" (or something like that).it makes it a little worse really that a poor paul ditty is on pauls' weakest record.
......."but tonight,i just wanna stay in,and be with you"..............

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2011, 04:26:26 PM »

I hear what your saying GO. I was just poking fun anyways. Everybody has their own opinions. Its all good.

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2011, 10:46:50 PM »

I hear what your saying GO. I was just poking fun anyways. Everybody has their own opinions. Its all good.
hey no problems!!i know lots of your opinions are tongue-in-cheek todd.glad you are well......always nice to be in touch with a fellow drummer from over the pond,dear boy!!
......."but tonight,i just wanna stay in,and be with you"..............

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2011, 11:13:36 PM »

guilty pleasures,todd dear boy,guilty pleasures!!i'm not saying bip bop ranks with other paul classics

You do realise that implies bip bop is one of Paul's classics don't you? ;D
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

Bobber

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011, 07:39:33 AM »

You do realise that implies bip bop is one of Paul's classics don't you? ;D

If it's a classic, it's probably his worst.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2011, 10:22:52 AM »

I love this life performance of Wild Life  :)

Wild Life (Rare)

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2011, 06:05:30 AM »

Dear Friend's just so terrific.  I happen to really dig the instrumental bits -- the hallow atmosphere, the worn-out sounds, the minor keys on the piano, the cool strings... just a great song in a pretty unmemorable album.

7 of 13

• Getting Better
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2011, 10:28:03 PM »

call it what you will an inspired collection of throw-away tracks or a cult classic. one thing is for sure, it hits the spot.
 ;yes
day tripper yeah

jamesbjorkman

• A Beginning
    • Everything Paul McCartney
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2012, 03:53:01 PM »

This album isn't the best of Wings, for sure.  I think the song "Wild Life" is a Wings classic anyway, though not the album version.  Another one that only really works live, with that energy, in the same way that "Maybe I'm Amazed" is a completely better song live than in the studio.  I think Paul has some of his best live vocals on the song Wild Life, and it has an awesome message that only improves with time but probably made all the hipsters of the day look down on him.  As for the rest of the album, well, I'm not a fan at all of "jams" of the "Rockestra" variety, which pretty much sums that up.  I do kind of like "Tomorrow," and the bonus tracks are nice additions.

7 of 13

• Getting Better
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2012, 08:07:13 PM »

This album isn't the best of Wings, for sure.  I think the song "Wild Life" is a Wings classic anyway, though not the album version.  Another one that only really works live, with that energy, in the same way that "Maybe I'm Amazed" is a completely better song live than in the studio.  I think Paul has some of his best live vocals on the song Wild Life, and it has an awesome message that only improves with time but probably made all the hipsters of the day look down on him.  As for the rest of the album, well, I'm not a fan at all of "jams" of the "Rockestra" variety, which pretty much sums that up.  I do kind of like "Tomorrow," and the bonus tracks are nice additions.
man to be honest i haven't heard it since i was a teenager, it was either that or the white album all night long. bip bop just floors me. ummm since this is a microscope thread, what happened to tkitna, i say. at any rate i was thinking of this one instead.
 ;sorry
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 08:13:51 PM by 7 of 13 »
day tripper yeah

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2012, 11:25:58 PM »

I'm here, but i've moved on to the current microscope thread.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.45 seconds with 69 queries.