Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Sgt. Pepper : 3 Favorite Tracks  (Read 59405 times)

Re: Sgt. Pepper : 3 Favorite Tracks
« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2004, 08:08:38 PM »

[quote by=Maccalvr link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1081418559,s=114 date=1092061527]Well, I was gonna post my three favorites, but I'm not in the mood to be judged. [/quote]

If you post on a public forum, people will disagree. If you can't handle that, you shouldn't be here.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2004, 08:13:24 PM »

[quote by=IndicaWalrus link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1081418559,s=118 date=1092077402]I think its better that Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields are not on Peppers.
I see them as individual and earlier than peppers, a Singular landmark in the Beatles history.
Plus, its that value for money tag, getting all new songs, instead of slapping 2 singles on.[/quote]

SFF and PL are from the same sessions, which started in late 1966.

When people (such as George Martin) say that Pepper would have been improved by including them, they mean they also shouldn't have been released as a single.

« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2004, 08:18:21 PM »

[quote by=Frightwolf link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1081418559,s=115 date=1092064611]

LoL, no one's gonna judge ya.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2004, 08:27:26 PM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1081418559,s=120 date=1092082118]

If you post on a public forum, people will disagree. If you can't handle that, you shouldn't be here.[/quote]

Don't worry Maria, I can 'handle' it. Maybe I should have specified that I was being sarcastic in response to how ridiculous this thread has become.

« Reply #124 on: August 09, 2004, 08:31:32 PM »

I was going to respond to all this but I decided to say just one thing. Adding "IMO" and the like IS tedious. If anyone thinks I'm trying to pass my opinions off as facts, then they're wrong.

And yes - that's my opinion. It's also an opinion shared by many Beatle fans. Not that that makes me correct: but it certainly shows that it's not an eccentric opinion.

Wow, this stuff sounds like I'm hearing myself. Never thought I'd hear the female with the same lines of reasoning with me on so many things. Maria, if I wasn't already married (you are female, aren't you? ;D )  would you marry me?

« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2004, 08:33:17 PM »

Also -- how come I try to use the forum and every now and then it comes up "Banned User" when I post?

« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2004, 08:42:32 PM »

Oh yes, they're "gonna judge ya". Like I said above, it's a public forum. You give your opinion, I give mine, everyone talks about them, judging, criticizing, evaluating, assessing ....

Surely you don't want a board where people just give their "faves", post polls, but never talk about their choices!

Sheer poetry, I tell ya! :)

« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2004, 09:02:40 PM »

Joe!  Good to see you back!

I was quite afraid you'd been run off by contrary opinion...but then I thought that surely wasn't something that you'd do.

Hope you had a nice weekend.

« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2004, 10:04:13 PM »

Oh no, Sir - the last thing that would ever make me run would be contrary opinion! :)

Truth is, I was having some trouble posting recently. Even today, sometimes it says "Banned user", sometimes not.

Also, I'm such a movie freak that I spend most of my internet time at various Movie Forums.

The weekend was good, indeed! :)

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2004, 12:48:50 AM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1081418559,s=122 date=1092082701]

Oh yes, they're "gonna judge ya". Like I said above, it's a public forum. You give your opinion, I give mine, everyone talks about them, judging, criticizing, evaluating, assessing ....

Surely you don't want a board where people just give their "faves", post polls, but never talk about their choices! Doesn't sound like you, Fright "POB is garbage" Wolf.[/quote]

You really have a hard time understanding what anyone says.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2004, 12:55:17 AM »

Since we're here, let's enlighten people on a much less insulting way of replying to people, or "judging" them as she likes to call it:

The Maria way: "You think these are the three strongest tracks? You don't understand Beatle music."

"Lemme use less complex sentences since I confused you!"

The better way: "I don't agree. *list reasons here*"

That's not so hard, is it, Maria? May take you a while to grasp, but try to get onto it, hun.

« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2004, 01:00:34 AM »

[quote by=Frightwolf link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1081418559,s=130 date=1092099317]Since we're here, let's enlighten people on a much less insulting way of replying to people, or "judging" them as she likes to call it:

The Maria way: "You think these are the three strongest tracks? You don't understand Beatle music."

"Lemme use less complex sentences since I confused you!"

The better way: "I don't agree. *list reasons here*"

That's not so hard, is it, Maria? May take you a while to grasp, but try to get onto it, hun.[/quote]

By the same token, let's try to substitute remarks about people rotting with something a tad more constructive, hm?

« Reply #132 on: August 10, 2004, 07:28:46 AM »

[quote by=Joe_Karlosi link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1081418559,s=124 date=1092083492]

Wow, this stuff sounds like I'm hearing myself. Never thought I'd hear the female with the same lines of reasoning with me on so many things. Maria, if I wasn't already married (you are female, aren't you? ;D )

« Reply #133 on: August 10, 2004, 07:32:01 AM »

[quote by=Frightwolf link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1081418559,s=129 date=1092098930]
Luckily, in 50 years I'll be alive and you'll be rotting.

« Reply #134 on: August 10, 2004, 09:47:11 AM »

Really, Frighty -- I've been reading several pages that I've missed here, and all it is revolves around you trying to make Maria see the "error of her ways". This whole thread has turned to garbage. How about getting back to the PEPPER discussion instead of your constantly trying to force Maria to "answer your questions" and "admit this or that".......?

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2004, 10:27:53 AM »

[quote by=Joe_Karlosi link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1081418559,s=134 date=1092131231]Really, Frighty -- I've been reading several pages that I've missed here, and all it is revolves around you trying to make Maria see the "error of her ways". This whole thread has turned to garbage. How about getting back to the PEPPER discussion instead of your constantly trying to force Maria to "answer your questions" and "admit this or that".......?[/quote]

I've read the thread too, and neither side has been real subtle towards each other. Its not like this is the first time either. Seems like the same thing again,,,Maria and Joe vrs. Frightwolf. The first shot was taken by Maria on page 4 with this comment-

OK, don't be frightened. I'll go through it for you one more time, using less complex sentences.

You may want to reread the post Joe as I felt that it was unprovoked. This set the ball rolling though.

I personally enjoy Maria's opinion and willingness to debate, but she comes on a bit strong at times for some people. Me,,,,Maria and I have had our share of tussels and we pretty much understand each other now. She's a lyrics person while i'm more partial to the music itself.

Now you Joe,,,,,i'm not getting yet. I truly think that you have some kind of inner hate for Paul because he snubbed you. Is that it? Could that be a reason why your so quick to jump to Maria's side?

I'm not trying to start a feud or anything, its just that your a regular poster around here and for some reason, I just havent been able to agree with hardly anything you've had to say so far. I know you could care less, but i'm just curious.

Billy Shears

• A Beginning
  • There's a fog upon L.A.
« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2004, 02:37:23 PM »

MY FRIENDS
LSD
REPRISE
" You can't have a party without Beatles"

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2004, 04:29:23 PM »

[quote by=Joe_Karlosi link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1081418559,s=134 date=1092131231]Really, Frighty -- I've been reading several pages that I've missed here, and all it is revolves around you trying to make Maria see the "error of her ways". This whole thread has turned to garbage. How about getting back to the PEPPER discussion instead of your constantly trying to force Maria to "answer your questions" and "admit this or that".......?[/quote]

I guessed you missed Maria's opening remarks in the discussion.  I'll copy/paste for ya.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2004, 04:37:14 PM »

I've read the thread too, and neither side has been real subtle towards each other. Its not like this is the first time either. Seems like the same thing again,,,Maria and Joe vrs. Frightwolf. The first shot was taken by Maria on page 4 with this comment-

OK, don't be frightened. I'll go through it for you one more time, using less complex sentences.

You may want to reread the post Joe as I felt that it was unprovoked. This set the ball rolling though.

That's what I was gonna show to Joe.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2004, 04:41:24 PM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1081418559,s=131 date=1092099634]

By the same token, let's try to substitute remarks about people rotting with something a tad more constructive, hm?

[/quote]

I wish I could, but Maria took the first shot, and I see no reason to stop if no one else has the guts or nerve to directly tell Maria to stop.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 77 queries.