Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Are We All Crazy?  (Read 18214 times)

Bobber

Are We All Crazy?
« on: August 19, 2009, 07:27:57 AM »

Somehow it's strange, isn't it? We are going to buy music we already have and know. Slightly better and remastered and repackaged... But as for me, I'm going to spend over 400 euro's to buy Beatles music. And I already have all Beatles music! Have we all gone nuts? (I have...)
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Are We All Crazy?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 10:40:12 AM »

^^^^ Bonkers i'd say  Bobber  ;D
It is mad when you think about it , i will buy both boxsets and i'm not sure why , there is some difference between mono and stereo but doe's it warrant splashing out another 200 pounds ?
I'm considering making these Beatles CD's my last purches of phyisical CD's , think all new music in future that i buy will be downloads , or i may completely stop buying music all together as these remasters feel like the end of the road for me musically , i mean what more am i ever going to need to listen too ?

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 01:12:08 PM »

This is exactly what The Beatles do to you! If this was any other band, it wouldn't work.
I am a firm believer that Beatle fans are crazy like this.

I know I am because I'm buying them!

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 02:51:38 PM »

I don't think it's crazy. It's called collecting. As long as there are people who pay thousands of dollars for a postage stamp or even millions for a painting, I don't mind spending some money on a cool new version of an album that I already have.

I have seven different copies of Pet Sounds...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 02:55:09 PM by Joost »

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 04:51:15 PM »

I don't think it's that crazy. At least they will be different and better than the old reissues. Because frankly the 1987 CDs suck.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 04:53:10 PM by Mairi »
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 08:03:48 PM »

i'm not that bothered about the remasters tbh ive never been that bothered about qaulity as long as its as least listenable.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 10:28:52 PM »

I don't think it's crazy. It's called collecting. As long as there are people who pay thousands of dollars for a postage stamp or even millions for a painting, I don't mind spending some money on a cool new version of an album that I already have.
Agree!

You can take this a step further and say that Love and Happiness are unlimited.... (and then you have to wonder what you're sniffing!) :D :D :D

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 04:30:14 AM »

And in the end I'll have all their stuff on vinyl, 1987 CDs and remastered CDs.
I can stay till it's time to go

LSD

• Getting Better
  • My lovely George
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 03:24:51 AM »

Its crazy for outsiders!! But as mentioned above its adding more to the collection. I wont die if i dont get it but il be super happy when I do. ;D
I Me Mine.

Whoeveriam

• A Beginning
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 05:36:39 AM »

Like I said, why the hell is it still in sideways stereo, yeah it sounds alot better than 22 years aback but Sgt Pup still has a million things on one track. Back to the Songtrack and Naked to think how and when they're gonna get around to Remixing them. The lazy gits.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 06:39:32 AM »

Somehow it's strange, isn't it? We are going to buy music we already have and know. Slightly better and remastered and repackaged... But as for me, I'm going to spend over 400 euro's to buy Beatles music. And I already have all Beatles music! Have we all gone nuts? (I have...)

I like your question.

I know I'm crazy. I want all the Beatles' remastered albums and I *KNOW* I should not be spending this much money on them because I already own all their CD's.......but, for this band (IMO), they're worth it. I have never been so grateful that my birthday is in September!!!

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 06:44:54 AM »

I have seven different copies of Pet Sounds...

Wow. All on CD, vinyl, or what?

Hmmm...in the course of my Beatles collecting, I have owned "A Hard Day's Night" in the form of:

Audio cassette
CD (un-remastered)
Vinyl (mono reprint)
Paperback book
Video cassette
DVD

And quite soon: CD (remastered)

Maybe all I'm missing is the eight-track version of AHDN...hahaha...

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 10:56:09 AM »

I like your question.

I know I'm crazy. I want all the Beatles' remastered albums and I *KNOW* I should not be spending this much money on them because I already own all their CD's.......but, for this band (IMO), they're worth it. I have never been so grateful that my birthday is in September!!!

Birthday Buddies  ;D

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 06:32:52 PM »

In reality, only a "Beatle Fanatic" can understand/relate all this to another Beatles Fanatic.  I'm putting my money up and getting the stereo remasters' box set.  If you have a "primo" stereo at home, this is well worth the money.  I've got a Bose system that's amazing and the remasters should sound spectacular on it.  And Best Buy aready has the pre-orders of this for $199 USD.  Now..........what I found out about "The Beatles' Rock Band"............I thought for $259USD you were getting the "entire" set-up"..............NOT!!!  You're getting the game, and Paul's bass, Ringo's signature drums, two mics and a mic stand.  Where's John's Rick and George's Gretch?????  Thoser are $99 USD EACH to buy.  So if a person wanted the whole set, it would be nearly $500USD.  Out of range for me!!!

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 07:37:53 PM »

Birthday Buddies  ;D

I know!! Today is August 25th, meaning our birthdays are pretty much exactly one month away!! :)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 02:58:24 PM »

Wow. All on CD, vinyl, or what?

Three on CD, three on vinyl, one on audio DVD.

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 05:12:26 PM »

This will be the fifth time I have bought the catalog. Some of those times have been just Stereo or Mono, but the fifth time, nonetheless.

I have bought Band On The Run four times, Pet Sounds three times. Yes, I am crazy. That is part of music collecting. These musicians cry foul about piracy, they are making tons of money with legitimate purchases. I have given a lot of my money to them.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

Bobber

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 09:15:41 AM »

I have decided that this is the last time I will buy any music by The Beatles. Maybe if they're coming with an Anthology 4 or whatever previously unreleased, but that's about it. I have bought it more than once now and I feel that enough is enough. I mean, I don't really hate the guys, but this donkey can't be fooled too many times.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 01:19:24 PM »

I have decided that this is the last time I will buy any music by The Beatles. Maybe if they're coming with an Anthology 4 or whatever previously unreleased, but that's about it. I have bought it more than once now and I feel that enough is enough. I mean, I don't really hate the guys, but this donkey can't be fooled too many times.

I see what you mean (and ages ago, my mom got on my case because she thought buying the "Anthology" discs were a waste of money), but not all "new" Beatles releases are bad. If you already have all the CD's, some purchases are redundant ("1", for example, in spite of the remastered songs). But some releases are worth having if you are a serious fan:

The "Anthology" series
"Live at the BBC"
"Let It Be... Naked"
"LOVE"

Bobber

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2009, 01:28:38 PM »

Of course. Anthology and BBC brought us new, previously unreleased material. I'm always eager to have that kind of stuff. Let It Be Naked on the other is not a must in my world. It's a different kind of mix, but more a Paul McCartney revenge than a must. That counts for LOVE even more. I have the cd, but it's collecting dust at the moment. I'm not saying the remasters are bad, on the contrary, but it brings me no song or anything else I haven't heard before.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.747 seconds with 94 queries.