Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Your absolute favourite Pink Floyd track..  (Read 13750 times)

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
  • The Rock n' Roll Warrior
Re: Your absolute favourite Pink Floyd track..
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2011, 09:42:03 PM »

Wasnt Arnold Layne about a man who stole clothes from washing lines as a hobby ?  ha2ha
Syd had this talent for writing great lyrics, in See Emily Play..

'she's often inclined to borrow somebody's dreams till tomorrow'

when you think about that line its just so brilliant....

Hi mate! How are you? Believe it or not mate, "Arnold Layne" was banned from radio stations everywhere because the song is about a man who steal clothes (Women's clothes too) and gives indications that he's crossdressing. I read that towards the end of Syd's career with PINK FLOYD, as the result of abusing LSD, Syd would lose touch with reality and therefore become very dissolutioned with the fame and would do anything to get out of going to gigs. This would include Syd crossdressing in drag which would make everyone in the band think that he was losing it which in a way he did. Syd would lose his love and passion for the music thanks to one LSD trip too many. The same thing happened to PETER GREEN although he has been attempting in making a comeback in the 2000's. Of the three artists, SYD BARRETT, PETER GREEN and BRIAN WILSON, that were severe victims of abusing LSD and destroyed (Or nearly destroyed) them, BRIAN WILSON is the only performer that has returned to recording albums and touring the world full time successfully. Take care mate.   
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 09:43:38 PM by BeatlesForever »
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

nimrod

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 10:04:39 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2006/jul/11/pinkfloyd.popandrock

Syd Barrett, the former lead singer of Pink Floyd and one of the key figures of the 60s, has died at the Cambridgeshire home to which he retreated as a recluse more than 30 years ago.

The Guardian has learned that the singer, 60, who suffered from a psychedelic-drug induced breakdown while at the peak of his career, died last Friday from cancer.

His brother Alan confirmed his death, saying only: "He died peacefully at home. There will be a private family funeral in the next few days."

Born Roger Keith Barrett in Cambridge in 1946, he acquired the nickname Syd aged 15. He left Pink Floyd in 1968, just as the band was about to achieve worldwide recognition, and lived in the basement of his mother Winfred's semi-detached house, where he boarded up the windows to keep out the eyes of both the press and fans. He recorded two solo albums.

Pink Floyd's Shine on You Crazy Diamond, from the 1975 album Wish You Were Here, was said by many to be a salute to him. Barrett's use of drugs, particularly LSD, in the 60s, was well-documented and he was often described as the original acid casualty.

A statement issued on behalf of Pink Floyd said: "The band are naturally very upset and sad to learn of Syd Barrett's death. Syd was the guiding light of the early band line-up and leaves a legacy which continues to inspire."

Dave Gilmour, the Pink Floyd guitarist drafted in to the band during a period in which Barrett was behaving erratically, said in an interview earlier this year that he thought that Barrett's breakdown would have happened anyway.

He said: "It was a deep-rooted thing. But I'll say the psychedelic experience might well have acted as a catalyst. Still, I just don't think he could deal with the vision of success and all the things that went with it."

You mention Peter Green BF, him and Syd for me are very similar in terms of creative talent and that sentence from David at the end could equally apply to Peter as well, another victim of success, maybe another victim of excessive LSD use, Im a huge fan of both of them.

nimrod

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 10:10:56 PM »

Getting back to the thread topic, another contender for me for favourite PF track is The Gunners Dream from The Final Cut, whenever I listen to that song it brings to me thoughts of all those poor buggers that lost their lives (usually as very young men) in those wars, flying extremely uncomfortable planes for hours and with always the knowledge that you could get hit any minute, it must have been hell..
I get stressed before playing a gig, imagine if you had to do a bombing raid over Germany tomorrow...

Floating down through the clouds
Memories come rushing up to meet me now.
But in the space between the heavens
and the corner of some foreign field
I had a dream.
I had a dream.
Good-bye macs,
Good-bye Ma.
After the service when you're walking slowly to the car
And the silver in her hair shines in the cold November air
You hear the tolling bell
And touch the silk in your lapel
And as the tear drops rise to meet the comfort of the band
You take her frail hand
And hold on to the dream.
A place to stay
"Oi! A real one ..."
Enough to eat
Somewhere old heroes shuffle safely down the street
Where you can speak out loud
About your doubts and fears
And what's more no-one ever disappears
You never hear their standard issue kicking in your door.
You can relax on both sides of the tracks
And maniacs don't blow holes in bandsmen by remote control
And everyone has recourse to the law
And no-one kills the children anymore.
And no one kills the children anymore.

Night after night
Going round and round my brain
His dream is driving me insane.
In the corner of some foreign field
The gunner sleeps tonight.
What's done is done.
We cannot just write off his final scene.
Take heed of the dream.
Take heed.

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2011, 10:17:29 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2006/jul/11/pinkfloyd.popandrock

Syd Barrett, the former lead singer of Pink Floyd and one of the key figures of the 60s, has died at the Cambridgeshire home to which he retreated as a recluse more than 30 years ago.

The Guardian has learned that the singer, 60, who suffered from a psychedelic-drug induced breakdown while at the peak of his career, died last Friday from cancer.

His brother Alan confirmed his death, saying only: "He died peacefully at home. There will be a private family funeral in the next few days."

Born Roger Keith Barrett in Cambridge in 1946, he acquired the nickname Syd aged 15. He left Pink Floyd in 1968, just as the band was about to achieve worldwide recognition, and lived in the basement of his mother Winfred's semi-detached house, where he boarded up the windows to keep out the eyes of both the press and fans. He recorded two solo albums.

Pink Floyd's Shine on You Crazy Diamond, from the 1975 album Wish You Were Here, was said by many to be a salute to him. Barrett's use of drugs, particularly LSD, in the 60s, was well-documented and he was often described as the original acid casualty.

A statement issued on behalf of Pink Floyd said: "The band are naturally very upset and sad to learn of Syd Barrett's death. Syd was the guiding light of the early band line-up and leaves a legacy which continues to inspire."

Dave Gilmour, the Pink Floyd guitarist drafted in to the band during a period in which Barrett was behaving erratically, said in an interview earlier this year that he thought that Barrett's breakdown would have happened anyway.

He said: "It was a deep-rooted thing. But I'll say the psychedelic experience might well have acted as a catalyst. Still, I just don't think he could deal with the vision of success and all the things that went with it."

You mention Peter Green BF, him and Syd for me are very similar in terms of creative talent and that sentence from David at the end could equally apply to Peter as well, another victim of success, maybe another victim of excessive LSD use, Im a huge fan of both of them.

How sad mate, Syd Barrett and Peter Green, like Brian Wilson, are extremely talented musicians and songwriters that brewed genius. You're right mate, PETER GREEN did the same thing that Syd did with PINK FLOYD, he walked away from FLEETWOOD MAC in 1970 during the peak of their fame. Syd would do the same thing with PINK FLOYD. BOTH abused LSD too much for their own good and it would f*c* them both up terribly bad. In my opinion, its really a wonder (And a miracle) that both PETER GREEN and BRIAN WILSON are still alive to this very day. Its also a wonder (And a miracle) that Syd lived as long as he did. I'm a HUGE fan of all three. Take care.   

nimrod

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2011, 10:24:51 PM »

How sad mate, Syd Barrett and Peter Green, like Brian Wilson, are extremely talented musicians and songwriters that brewed genius. You're right mate, PETER GREEN did the same thing that Syd did with PINK FLOYD, he walked away from FLEETWOOD MAC in 1970 during the peak of their fame. Syd would do the same thing with PINK FLOYD. BOTH abused LSD too much for their own good and it would f*c* them both up terribly bad. In my opinion, its really a wonder (And a miracle) that both PETER GREEN and BRIAN WILSON are still alive to this very day. Its also a wonder (And a miracle) that Syd lived as long as he did. I'm a HUGE fan of all three. Take care.

for a minute there BF I thought you said 'brewed Guiness'  ha2ha

maybe they just couldnt handle the fame ? Yes Brian Wilson, another one, Ive never been a big fan of the Beach Boys (dont own their records) but I appreciate that the guy is a genius

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2011, 02:27:23 AM »

for a minute there BF I thought you said 'brewed Guiness'  ha2ha

maybe they just couldnt handle the fame ? Yes Brian Wilson, another one, Ive never been a big fan of the Beach Boys (dont own their records) but I appreciate that the guy is a genius

ha2ha  ha2ha They brewed Guiness beer too mate!  ha2ha

Neither Syd Barrett or Peter Green dealt with the fame well, its just too bad. No telling what the both of them could have done musically had they not quit their respective bands. I mostly like THE BEACH BOYS 1960's and some of the early 1970's period. Brian is truly a genius, I believe that his best is yet to come. Take care mate. 

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 02:07:10 PM »

I've been a Pink Floyd fan for about a year now and I've listened to all of their albums. I like them quite a lot, they're my 2nd favourite after The Beatles, of course.I've always been very interested in the whole Syd story. It's a very weird and sad thing what happened to him. I will probably never been able to actually figure out what was really going on with him, since neither did the rest of Floyd, and they were his best friends. Imagine what a shock must've been, espacially for Roger Waters, whom Syd had been friend with since they were 8 or 9. I wonder if they ever talked after Syd left the band. I've also read somewhere that Syd had been diagnosted with Asperger's syndrome and (if it's true) I think that played a big part in his "isolation". Of course, the drugs did their part, too, but I'm not sure that was the main cause. Maybe he just wasn't made for the fame he gained. He enjoyed a peacefully life at his home painting and gardening, after he was kicked out off of Pink Floyd. Just like Roger himself said in one interview, he was just different from them. I have all the respect in the world for the band for making it without Syd. They build their way all up to classics like "Dark Side Of The Moon" or "Wish You Were Here" and Roger's writing ability and the way it progressed is one of the most interesting things in the history of music. Just listen to his first songwriting effort "Take Up Thy Stethoscope and Walk" and compare it to a song like, well, like anything he wrote from 1973 to 1983. Incredible.

In conclusion, I feel very sorry for Syd, and it's a truly sad story, but maybe it was just destined to be that way.I hate to say it, but maybe if Syd would've stayed in the band, we wouldn't be able today to hear such classics as "DSotM" or "Animals" or "The Wall". I don't believe in destiny, but I think the whole Pink Floyd story would make a great pro argument.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 07:14:32 PM by The 5th Beatle »
http://tangledupinmusic.wordpress.com - yet another music blog

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2011, 10:28:50 PM »

I've been a Pink Floyd fan for about a year now and I've listened to all of their albums. I like them quite a lot, they're my 2nd favourite after The Beatles, of course.I've always been very interested in the whole Syd story. It's a very weird and sad thing what happened to him. I will probably never been able to actually figure out what was really going on with him, since neither did the rest of Floyd, and they were his best friends. Imagine what a shock must've been, espacially for Roger Waters, whom Syd had been friend with since they were 8 or 9. I wonder if they ever talked after Syd left the band. I've also read somewhere that Syd had been diagnosted with Asperger's syndrome and (if it's true) I think that played a big part in his "isolation". Of course, the drugs did their part, too, but I'm not sure that was the main cause. Maybe he just wasn't made for the fame he gained. He enjoyed a peacefully life at his home painting and gardening, after he was kicked out off of Pink Floyd. Just like Roger himself said in one interview, he was just different from them. I have all the respect in the world for the band for making it without Syd. They build their way all up to classics like "Dark Side Of The Moon" or "Wish You Were Here" and Roger's writing ability and the way it progressed is one of the most interesting things in the history of music. Just listen to his first songwriting effort "Take Up Thy Stethoscope and Walk" and compare it to a song like, well, like anything he wrote from 1973 to 1983. Incredible.

In conclusion, I feel very sorry for Syd, and it's a truly sad story, but maybe it was just destined to be that way.I hate to say it, but maybe if Syd would've stayed in the band, we wouldn't be able today to hear such classics as "DSotM" or "Animals" or "The Wall". I don't believe in destiny, but I think the whole Pink Floyd story would make a great pro argument.

Hi 5th Beatle! I am so glad that you love PINK FLOYD! I love PINK FLOYD also! Syd was never really diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome but he really did have the symptoms that led to it. If Syd did have Asperger's Syndrome, he as doing so-so being the introvert that he was prior to taking LSD. In my opinion, if Syd was introverted and unable to interact socially in the beginnng, prior to being famous, the LSD would make him more withdrawn as the band's popularity and fame grew. LSD would expand Syd's mind in exploring experimental music deeper, but it would come at a high price in making him withdrawl from society in general.

Roger did try making attempts in seeing Syd after he exited PINK FLOYD, but some attempts were unsuccessful. However, when he did see Syd, Roger would say that it was too painful in seeing Syd the way he looked and talked. The most famous meeting between Syd Barrett and PINK FLOYD would take place on 5 June 1975 at Abbey Road Studios on the eve of the band's second 1975 U.S. tour. In the book, SAUCERFUL OF SECRETS, THE PINK FLOYD ODYSSEY by the late Nicholas Schaffner, on page 202-203, the story goes like this:

PINK FLOYD was franctically trying to wrap up a final mix of "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" (A song about Syd). With the voices of Roger and David summoning the spirit of Syd Barrett from the studio monitors, at that very moment, an obese man with a shaven head and eyebrows wearing a white trenchcoat and white shoes while clutching a white plastic bag would walk in unannounced. No one recognized him except Roger. Roger asked the late Rick Wright, "do you know who that guy is?" Rick replied "no!" Roger than told Rick to THINK, THINK! After looking at the man more, Rick then realized that it was Syd! At that moment, Roger was in tears upon divining the identity of "this great, fat, bald, mad person.

Syd Barrett's story is a tragedy, this is a man that was destined for further greatness and was denied it. How sad. Take care.             

nimrod

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 12:01:50 AM »

PINK FLOYD was franctically trying to wrap up a final mix of "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" (A song about Syd).

isnt DSOTM ultimately about Syd ?

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2011, 12:56:43 AM »

PINK FLOYD was franctically trying to wrap up a final mix of "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" (A song about Syd).

Hi mate! How are you? Yes it is! I LOVE DSOTM! DSOTM, like Sgt. Pepper's, is the type of album that you have to listen to in its entirety. Its one of my most favorite albums of all-time! All of the songs are about Syd. Take care. 

nimrod

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2011, 02:03:32 AM »

So probably theyre 2 most respected post Syd albums are about Syd.....Wish You Were Here and DSOTM, and not only the Floyd loved him....

July 11, 2006 17:02 David Bowie pays tribute to Syd Barrett The star calls his hero a 'diamond'
David Bowie has paid tribute to his songwriting hero Syd Barrett, who has died aged 60.

It was revealed today that the former Pink Floyd singer passed away on Friday (July 7).

Bowie has long declared himself a massive fan of Barrett-era Floyd. He showed just how much by singing their debut single ‘Arnold Layne’ at guitarist David Gilmour’s solo show at the London Royal Albert Hall last month. It was Bowie’s first live appearance in two years following a serious illness.

He said on hearing today’s news: “I can't tell you how sad I feel. Syd was a major inspiration for me.

“The few times I saw him perform in London at UFO and the Marquee clubs during the 60s will forever be etched in my mind. He was so charismatic and such a startlingly original songwriter. Also, along with Anthony Newley, he was the first guy I'd heard to sing pop or rock with a British accent.

“His impact on my thinking was enormous. A major regret is that I never got to know him. A diamond indeed.”

David Bowie - Arnold Layne

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2011, 11:47:42 AM »

PINK FLOYD was franctically trying to wrap up a final mix of "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" (A song about Syd). With the voices of Roger and David summoning the spirit of Syd Barrett from the studio monitors, at that very moment, an obese man with a shaven head and eyebrows wearing a white trenchcoat and white shoes while clutching a white plastic bag would walk in unannounced. No one recognized him except Roger. Roger asked the late Rick Wright, "do you know who that guy is?" Rick replied "no!" Roger than told Rick to THINK, THINK! After looking at the man more, Rick then realized that it was Syd! At that moment, Roger was in tears upon divining the identity of "this great, fat, bald, mad person.

Syd Barrett's story is a tragedy, this is a man that was destined for further greatness and was denied it. How sad. Take care.             

Here's a picture of him from Abbey Road studios, when that happened :

"The Dark Side Of The Moon" is not completly about Syd, it's about more themes, including greed, the passage of time, isolation and even war. However, "Brian Damage" is completly about Syd, just like it's title suggests.

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2011, 08:42:49 PM »

Here's a picture of him from Abbey Road studios, when that happened :

"The Dark Side Of The Moon" is not completly about Syd, it's about more themes, including greed, the passage of time, isolation and even war. However, "Brian Damage" is completly about Syd, just like it's title suggests.

Hi 5th Beatle! Thank you for posting the picture of Syd on 5 June 1975. I read that the songs "Speak To Me," "Breathe," "On The Run," "Time," "Brain Damage" and "Eclipse" are about Syd (In some way) in reference to withdrawing from society. One book that I read said that the themes of DSOTM are seen through the eyes of Syd. Take care.         
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 11:12:52 PM by BeatlesForever »

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2011, 11:03:39 AM »

Hi 5th Beatle! Thank you for posting the picture of Syd on 5 June 1975. I read that the songs "Speak To Me," "Breathe," "On The Run," "Time," "Brain Damage" and "Eclipse" are about Syd (In some way) in reference to withdrawing from society. One book that I read said that the themes of DSOTM are seen through the eyes of Syd. Take care.         

I think that "Dark Side Of The Moon" is more of a general album and each person can interpret it in their own way. For example, when I listen to it, I don't think about Syd in any of the songs, except for "Brain Damage". And also, I don't think that Roger wrote it from Syd's perspective. Syd's story just gave him a some a new vision upon the world, so Roger wrote those lyrics in which every person can find themselves at some point in life. That's the best thing about the album, it never gets old. At least, that's my take on it. It's a wonderful album, that's for sure. You take care, too.

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2011, 06:07:04 PM »

I think that "Dark Side Of The Moon" is more of a general album and each person can interpret it in their own way. For example, when I listen to it, I don't think about Syd in any of the songs, except for "Brain Damage". And also, I don't think that Roger wrote it from Syd's perspective. Syd's story just gave him a some a new vision upon the world, so Roger wrote those lyrics in which every person can find themselves at some point in life. That's the best thing about the album, it never gets old. At least, that's my take on it. It's a wonderful album, that's for sure. You take care, too.

Hi 5th Beatle! You're very knowledgeable on PINK FLOYD, you know your PINK FLOYD well for only being familiar with them for a year. I commend you. You made a good point there 5th Beatle, however, Roger made a point of putting Syd's spirit in albums such as DSOTM ("Speak To Me," "Breathe," "On The Run," "Brain Damage" and "Eclipse."), WISH YOU WERE HERE ("Shine On You Crazy Diamond," "Welcome To The Machine," "Have A Cigar" and "Wish You Were Here") and THE WALL since Syd's story and lifestyle does blend with the band's music perfectly. When you think about it 5th Beatle, PINK FLOYD'S themes and music deals with Syd's dark side. That's what PINK FLOYD is all about. DSOTM is one of the all-time greatest albums music ever produced. I am looking forward to conversing with you further about PINK FLOYD, I can tell that your mind is eager and anxious to learn more about this band. Take care.     

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2011, 08:43:46 PM »

Hi 5th Beatle! You're very knowledgeable on PINK FLOYD, you know your PINK FLOYD well for only being familiar with them for a year. I commend you. You made a good point there 5th Beatle, however, Roger made a point of putting Syd's spirit in albums such as DSOTM ("Speak To Me," "Breathe," "On The Run," "Brain Damage" and "Eclipse."), WISH YOU WERE HERE ("Shine On You Crazy Diamond," "Welcome To The Machine," "Have A Cigar" and "Wish You Were Here") and THE WALL since Syd's story and lifestyle does blend with the band's music perfectly. When you think about it 5th Beatle, PINK FLOYD'S themes and music deals with Syd's dark side. That's what PINK FLOYD is all about. DSOTM is one of the all-time greatest albums music ever produced. I am looking forward to conversing with you further about PINK FLOYD, I can tell that your mind is eager and anxious to learn more about this band. Take care.     

Thanks a lot, BeatlesForever, those were very kind words. I agree that Roger put a lot of Syd's spirit in Floyd's albums and he never forgot him and his influence on the band. Because let's admit it, without Syd there would be no Pink Floyd. Syd had developed his songwriting abily very early, earlier than any other member in Pink Floyd, especially earlier than Roger, whose lyrics began to get better just after Syd left the band, and he saw himself as the new leader of the group. He certainly learned a lot from Syd, both lyrically and musically and he was able to take the band much furtherer, but without forgeting Syd's importance and the fact that they would've never make it without their first leader.

Here's a part of a little poem I once tried to write, while bored, about Roger. It's crappy, I know, but what the hell, I'm gonna post it anyway.

You took up thy stethoscope and walked pretty soon,
You then told us how Syd cried for the moon.
Even though his head exploded with dark forbodings too
You told him to shine, and that's what a true friend would do.

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2011, 09:31:47 PM »

Thanks a lot, BeatlesForever, those were very kind words. I agree that Roger put a lot of Syd's spirit in Floyd's albums and he never forgot him and his influence on the band. Because let's admit it, without Syd there would be no Pink Floyd. Syd had developed his songwriting abily very early, earlier than any other member in Pink Floyd, especially earlier than Roger, whose lyrics began to get better just after Syd left the band, and he saw himself as the new leader of the group. He certainly learned a lot from Syd, both lyrically and musically and he was able to take the band much furtherer, but without forgeting Syd's importance and the fact that they would've never make it without their first leader.

Here's a part of a little poem I once tried to write, while bored, about Roger. It's crappy, I know, but what the hell, I'm gonna post it anyway.

You took up thy stethoscope and walked pretty soon,
You then told us how Syd cried for the moon.
Even though his head exploded with dark forbodings too
You told him to shine, and that's what a true friend would do.

Hi 5th Beatle! You're very welcome! You hit it on the dot my friend, without Syd Barrett, there would be no PINK FLOYD!

I really do like your poem, you ought to finish it. I liked the way you ended it (So far) with "You told him to shine, and that's what a true friend will do." The first thing that came to my mind was "For it was your band PINK FLOYD and the music that made your spirit shine to this day." I hope that makes sense.

Are you familiar with Mobile Fidelty Sound Lab (MFSL)? MFSL released the Vinyl/LP version of the DSOTM (MFSL 1-017) in the 1980's and in the 24 KT. Gold ULTRADISC CD (UDCD 517) series in the 1990's. Both of these MFSL releases sounds OUTSTANDING! In my opinion, you haven't heard the DSOTM at its fullest potential until you have heard the MFSL version. NOTHING sounds better than the MFSL version. If possible, I would highly recommend that you purchase this CD. Doing this, you will hear the DSOTM the way it was truly intended to be heard. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me anything. Take care.   

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2011, 10:43:12 AM »

Hi 5th Beatle! You're very welcome! You hit it on the dot my friend, without Syd Barrett, there would be no PINK FLOYD!

I really do like your poem, you ought to finish it. I liked the way you ended it (So far) with "You told him to shine, and that's what a true friend will do." The first thing that came to my mind was "For it was your band PINK FLOYD and the music that made your spirit shine to this day." I hope that makes sense.

Are you familiar with Mobile Fidelty Sound Lab (MFSL)? MFSL released the Vinyl/LP version of the DSOTM (MFSL 1-017) in the 1980's and in the 24 KT. Gold ULTRADISC CD (UDCD 517) series in the 1990's. Both of these MFSL releases sounds OUTSTANDING! In my opinion, you haven't heard the DSOTM at its fullest potential until you have heard the MFSL version. NOTHING sounds better than the MFSL version. If possible, I would highly recommend that you purchase this CD. Doing this, you will hear the DSOTM the way it was truly intended to be heard. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me anything. Take care.   

I never heard any of those MFSL releases. But thanks for the advice, I'll check them out as soon as I can. You take care, too.

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2011, 10:54:38 AM »

I never heard any of those MFSL releases. But thanks for the advice, I'll check them out as soon as I can. You take care, too.

You can find all of the MFSL releases on eBay, let me know what you think. Take care.

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2011, 01:26:42 PM »

I just downloaded the MFSL 1-017 release, and after I listened to it, I realised it was the same with "The Dark Side Of The Moon" I already had. So yes, then I have listened to the MFSL releases  :).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 1.051 seconds with 76 queries.