Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Where Were You?  (Read 51580 times)

raxo

• Sun King
Re: Where Were You?
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 06:55:27 PM »

Quote from: 551
[...]
It was very solemn, but also uplifting. I could just feel the love. I still can, when I come to forums like this. We are so lucky-- all of us in the world. Of all the people to be raised to this frenzied idolized status, it happened to be four very level-headed down-to-Earth men who were determined not to let success go to their heads. They honestly did try to do the right thing, in their personal lives, in their business affairs, certainly in their music. They could have become such monsters, but instead they held true to their course and tried to maintain their personal integrity. I think that's why they are still loved today. People recognize and respond to that goodness, both in their music and in their persons. I am very grateful for who they were and what they gave us.
[...]
I couldn't have explained better, harihead!
Reading this I've felt deeply sad  :'( ... remembering those last days and what they mean for all of us ...
[size=9]P.S. How was your stay in Spain, by the way?[/size] ;) ....

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 09:06:49 PM »

Thanks, Raxo. I had a marvelous time in Spain. We had friends in Madrid who acted as tour guides for that area; really wonderful. We nipped down to the Alhambra  and then down to the coast by the Caves of Nerha. Great trip but not nearly long enough. Do you live in Spain?

(I've got to find those pictures of the Abbey Road wall...)
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2007, 10:01:12 PM »

Thanks, Raxo. I had a marvelous time in Spain. We had friends in Madrid who acted as tour guides for that area; really wonderful. We nipped down to the Alhambra  and then down to the coast by the Caves of Nerha. Great trip but not nearly long enough. Do you live in Spain?

(I've got to find those pictures of the Abbey Road wall...)
Yes, I do ... and I'm glad hearing that you had a mar-vela-us  8) time ... Cueva de Nerja is a beatiful place and the Alhambra too, of course ... the north of the country is very beautiful too!!!  :)
A-gain, welcome here, harihead ... I like the way you express your thoughts (and not only because they seem to be close to mine!LOL  ;D)

We're off-topic here, so ...

Katrina

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2007, 09:26:19 PM »

I remember. I was at my friend's house and my mum phoned me. "George Harrison is dead."
We were going somewhere, I don't remember where. Anyway, I was so sad and my friend had the "1" -album I had given her for her birthday. I asked if we could play 'Something' before we would leave. We did. Makes my eyes teary even now.  :'(
How I wish they all would still live...

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2007, 10:11:05 PM »

I was at home, and the news was on the TV. BBC News 24 switched over to BBC 1 or BBC 2, can't remember which. But it was good to see that the BBC could honour George by doing that. It was coverage on it all for several hours. The BBC's journalist Peter Sissons was interviewed on it, because he was at school with George. He said that when he was working with Channel 4 News, that one day George called him up with this great news story - PEACE! Sissons said that it just wasn't possible to run a story like that, but he said that it was typical of George that he would say something like that.

I felt truly sad at the news, and felt some nostalgia over the whole Beatles phenomenon.

Well, I just changed my avatar message to PEACE!
All You Need Is LOVE!

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2007, 10:57:23 PM »

Quote from: 139
[...] He said that when he was working with Channel 4 News, that one day George called him up with this great news story - PEACE! Sissons said that it just wasn't possible to run a story like that, but he said that it was typical of George that he would say something like that.
[...]
So George was!!!  :-/

Revolution

• Getting Better
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2007, 05:39:29 AM »

Think I was at work,as usual.I was Crushed!!!!!!!!! :'( Probably cried, don't remember.

Tara_the_beatle_freak

• One And One Is Two
  • Wsup? I'm probably the most obsessive Beatle fan.
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2007, 12:11:16 AM »

:'(Unfortunately for me, I'm only 13 now, so I heard about it a couple years ago (I wasn't into them at the time, that's why I didn't know.) I remember... I had asked my dad something like, "where is George living right now?" and then he told me that he had already passed away. I ran, locked myself in the bathroom, and cried for hours. A week after that, I got my first B (an 89) on my report card. It was a really sad time for me, and what made it worse (like becky said) is that everyone made fun of me for liking the Beatles... and it wasn't like they only made fun of me once, they made fun of me daily. Even now, they do this. I don't think I'll ever quit liking them though because they changed my life in a positive way.... I mean, who cares if I'm not popular in school now because I listen to them, right? Gosh, I really wish I could go back in time to meet George, I wonder what he'd be like .....  :-/
:) GIVE PEACE A CHANCE PEOPLE!!

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2007, 01:51:34 PM »

I remember hearing the news of George's passing on a
friday morning (which was 30th nov 01) .
I got up & switched on my tv on in the bedroom & sort
of had the sound done. then i saw pics of George & people
talking about him. I wandered what George was up to now as i
didn't know at that point. Then at the end of the news report, came
up a pic of Geogre with the line 1943 - 2001. I felt so shocked
& coundn't belive it. I knew he had been ill for some time & it
wasn't unexpected, but it was still such a shock.
The rest of that day was awful for me, i lost one of my heros, or was he
a friend. I've never felt such a loss & i never knew the man.
I wasn't even born when John Lennon died so this was all new to me,
no other band had such an effect on me as the Beatles!
Other people didn't seem to understand why i felt so bad as they were
not beatle fans. I felt like a part of me had been taken away.
It was strange because i was re-discovering his music during that time and
realised what an underated talent George was.
I was ill with a great depression after a while but it was nothing to do with
George's passing, but what helped me through that was the Brainwashed album.
As soon as i got hold of that album for christmas 2002, my life was felt so
much better & i realised George helped me more now than he did before.
For all the ups & downs in my life, George & his other 3 pals helped me
through life.
I don't think George (or even John) realised how much they were loved by
so many people & how much they gave!!

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2007, 02:39:11 PM »

I think as you get older you get gradually more immune to death, so no, it didn't affect me greatly. Already seen too many people go before their time for it to freak me out. It's just how the world is.
don't follow leaders

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2007, 03:00:09 PM »

Quote from: 614
I don't think George (or even John) realised how much they were loved by
so many people & how much they gave!!
That sounds right to me. It was sad, but I think it was true.

What touching stories, Tara and Adam. Death is always hard, whether you lose a friend or someone in the world that you admire. I just try to live the best way I can to honor them.

Tara, folks will always make fun of you for something--your clothes, accent, Beatles...  ::) The trick is to learn not to mind. Good luck with everything. I'm glad you found your way to this forum. Cheers.

All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2007, 03:26:42 PM »

Yeah Tara, you seem to have a great taste in music & a great
admiration for the four lads from Liverpool! Don't matter what people
say. Even though i'm younger than most beatle fans i know, i can't believe
your younger than me.

Great signiture Tara! :)

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2007, 11:45:58 AM »

I was laughed at for liking The Beatles and Sixties music in school too. Then in 1978 there was a HUGE mod revival and everyone wanted to borrow my records!! Oh how I laughed!!! ;D

Remember, it may seem like you're at school forever, but it is only for a relatively small portion of your life. Then when you leave school I guarantee you will meet other like-minded people. Plus there is the internet - back when I was a kid I TRULY didn't have anyone else to discuss music with! You have friends here :)

Tara_the_beatle_freak

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2007, 10:13:00 PM »

Quote from: 614
Yeah Tara, you seem to have a great taste in music & a great
admiration for the four lads from Liverpool! Don't matter what people
say. Even though i'm younger than most beatle fans i know, i can't believe
your younger than me.

Great signiture Tara! :)

Thanks, I agree, it doesn't really matter what they say, I can't (and won't) change the fact that they're my favorite band just because they don't think the Beatles are cool. I am who I am....

Tara_the_beatle_freak

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2007, 10:14:46 PM »

Quote from: 360
I was laughed at for liking The Beatles and Sixties music in school too. Then in 1978 there was a HUGE mod revival and everyone wanted to borrow my records!! Oh how I laughed!!! ;D

Remember, it may seem like you're at school forever, but it is only for a relatively small portion of your life. Then when you leave school I guarantee you will meet other like-minded people. Plus there is the internet - back when I was a kid I TRULY didn't have anyone else to discuss music with! You have friends here :)

Thanks! I'm gald to know I have friends here.  :)

Tara_the_beatle_freak

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2007, 10:16:39 PM »

That sounds right to me. It was sad, but I think it was true.

What touching stories, Tara and Adam. Death is always hard, whether you lose a friend or someone in the world that you admire. I just try to live the best way I can to honor them.

Tara, folks will always make fun of you for something--your clothes, accent, Beatles...  ::) The trick is to learn not to mind. Good luck with everything. I'm glad you found your way to this forum. Cheers.

Thank you for the advise! I'm glad I found this forum!  :)

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2007, 11:31:28 PM »

Quote from: 185
I think as you get older you get gradually more immune to death, so no, it didn't affect me greatly. Already seen too many people go before their time for it to freak me out. It's just how the world is.

I agree. It was in 2001.... I wasn't into the Beatles then. Sounds bad but it's true

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Winter

• One And One Is Two
  • Her Majesty The Queen
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2007, 05:59:07 PM »

I wasnt Beatle fan yet so i think i was in my hause i maybe even dont watch TV that day so i didnt know it.
But if i was watching TV and they talked about it I probably didnt take note of it because I didnt know who is George then.

yes, i know that its sad.

But now every year in anniversary of that sad day i pray for Georgie ...
Its very difficult day for me.
But normally on ordinary days when i think that h is not on this world any more, that he is somewhere else ... it makes me so sad that i nearly always cry (the same is witch Johnny)

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2007, 12:44:01 AM »

i wasn't into the beatles then, but i remember my mom had the TV on, and even though she claims she doesn't like the beatles, i remember her crying for george  :)

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2007, 12:44:07 PM »

Quote from: 687
i wasn't into the beatles then, but i remember my mom had the TV on, and even though she claims she doesn't like the beatles, i remember her crying for george  :)

It's amazing how it affacts people who were never into them!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Page created in 0.373 seconds with 85 queries.