Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Microscope: London Town  (Read 16460 times)

Bobber

Microscope: London Town
« on: April 06, 2012, 02:08:00 PM »

This was the first proper McCartney album I bought from my own pocket money and therefore I have played this album over and over again in the late seventies and early eighties. However, I had not heard most of the album since long before looking through this microscope. I may not be as critical as usual as it brought back some nice memories.

London Town
Nice three voice harmony throughout the whole song. It’s a bit too soft an atmosphere to my liking, but I really do like the melody. Love the harmony at 1.47. The slide bass at 2.16 is another highlight. Nice little brass in the background here and there. The guitar solo and the change of rhythm at 3.23 is good. Co written with Denny Laine, but I don’t see where.
The video coming with the song is plain silly:
Paul McCartney and Wings- London Town

Cafe On The Left Bank
Rocker. I hate that semi spontaneous talk in the background, like done in the intro of the song. I understand it has to sound like pubtalk, but it annoys me. On the other hand I like the cowbell. Nice guitar throughout the song. Is this Jimmy playing or had he left by then? The song itself is not a favourite of mine, but I can bear with this song because of the great guitars.

I’m Carrying
Some critics regard this song as overrated, but I seem to like it enough. It’s the standard McCartney ballad that’s coming on most of his albums, but the acoustic guitar is delicate and I like it. The entrance of the strings at 0.39 is nice. Simple notes, but they really add something to the song. The hummed solo is a skip for me, a pity, although the cello gives a touch to it.

Backwards Traveller
The first real highlight on the album for me. Superb vocals by Paul and great harmonies. Keyboard sound, probably by Linda, are a good addition. A pity it’s a bit short. Paul should have made more of the song.

Cuff Link
Backwards Traveller merges into this instrumental. It has always sounded a bit like a jam to me, but still it’s interesting enough to give it a listen every now and then. It looks like Paul is ready to experiment with synthesizer and all that in the early days and use it in his song. Unlike most of his work from the eighties, here it is done in a tasteful way in my humble opinion.

Children Children
Through the years this has been one of the favourites of many critics. Not for me. Written by Paul and Denny and sung by Denny. It’s about children and maybe therefore it sounds childish. Denny’s voice is better than on his previous efforts and the harmonies are fine as usual, but the song in itself is not good enough to my ears. The part from 1.52 sung in semi Scottish is a painful moment.

Girlfriend
Paul wrote this song with Michael Jackson in mind. Maybe he had better left it there, instead of recording it by himself. He sings it with a falsetto mostly and it’s not bad. The harmonies are terrible to make an exception to the rule (I mean the ‘yeah’s’ after every first two lines of the verses). The guitar solo part is the strongest part of the song and I really like that. After that, it starts to get a little annoying again.
Michael’s version of the song:
Michael Jackson ''Girlfriend'' Music video

I’ve Had Enough
I have always liked this song, although listening to it now I think Paul could and maybe should have made an even heavier version of the song. Nice touch of the beatring. Strong guitar work once again and I suspect this is Jimmy playing (maybe JMF can fill me in here?). Love the little scream at 1.38. I’m not surprised it was released as a single (with Deliver Your Children), but it didn’t make it big.

With A Little Luck
The big hit on the album. Paul repeats the atmosphere of London Town here at the start of side 2. It’s a nice song, with great harmonies and all that, but it has never really worked for me. I mean, I can listen to it and enjoy it, but it doesn’t make a bad day good. Plus I think it takes too long. At the 3.40 point it’s enough for me. The rest isn’t necessary, although Paul finally shows some great basslicks here.

Famous Groupies
When I was younger, I liked this song well enough. When listening to it today once again, it was a low point for me. The best part is from 2.06 onwards, the little slide solo. Linda adds some strange sounds to the song, especially at the end. Nice touch, but not enough.

Deliver Your Children
A McCartney/Laine co-operation that’s finally working. Acoustic guitars in the Mull Of Kintyre style, but I like this song better. Great vocal harmonies by Paul to guide Denny’s weaker voice. Bass is simple but effective. Nice middle eight too (it’s longer than eight bars, I know). A spontaneous high note at 3.00 by Paul. Like that. Nice coda from 3.46 (with another high note) to the end. Great song.

Name And Address
Sounds like a semi spontaneous recording to me. Nevertheless, I like this song enough. Great bass by Paul (listen to the start of the start). Paul sounds like a fifties rocker and that’s his meaning of course. Great drumming and guitar, especially the solo’s are great and the band really rocks there. Good stuff. I’ve always liked the end as well. The sudden stop is just the best way to end the song.

Don’t Let It Bring You Down
Best song on the album as far as I’m concerned. Love love the atmosphere at the start created by the recorder (?) and guitar. Great lead guitar as well and the drums really fit in. Paul is looking for the lower ranges in his voice and it works really well. He hardly sings as low as he does at 1.17. Switching to his highest range in the part following directly. The ‘up and down’ section starting at 2.10 is wonderful. Great acoustic guitars in here and harmonies. Towards the end the guitar solo is something special. Co written by Paul and Denny.

Morse Moose And The Grey Goose
Another song credited by Paul and Denny. When I bought this album at the age of 13, I didn’t know what to think of this song. Still it’s a strange thing, but I have learned to appreciate it. Great piano and what’s that sound from 0.12 onwards. Guitar? The song sounds like a ‘grand finale’ when the drums come in at 0.50. Great vocals by Paul and his bass at 1.48 is superb. The folk part starts at 2.04 and is a bit too long for my liking. The whole seems to start all over again at 3.16. A bit too much, although the guitar solo here is wonderfully strange. Paul tries to make this song to make it sound a bit like 1985 on Band On The Run and it does sound like a proper last song on an album, but it’s a bit too much of the same thing. Plus it’s too different comparing it with the rest of the album.

All in all: was I really that positive? ha2ha
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 02:13:58 PM by Bobber »
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
Re: Microscope: London Town
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 02:29:06 PM »

Jimmy plays on London Town, Cafe on the Left Bank, I've Had Enough, With A Little Luck, Famous Groupies, Don't Let It Bring You Down & Morse Moose that I know of. I'll ask his brother Jack when I see him in a couple weeks.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 09:39:14 PM »

Cool, another review. I'm going to break it out tomorrow and see if it still sits how it did before.

Yeshelloitsmehereagain

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »

Jimmy plays on London Town, Cafe on the Left Bank, I've Had Enough, With A Little Luck, Famous Groupies, Don't Let It Bring You Down & Morse Moose that I know of. I'll ask his brother Jack when I see him in a couple weeks.

Ask about Waterspout too. I think that was in '77. My review is 5 songs in, I'm listening to it again now. I really like this album. Maybe too many synths for some. I guess the crux of liking this one is whereabouts you stand on the biggies, i.e. "With A Little Luck" and "Girlfriend" if they are not to your tastes then you are unlikely to like the album as a whole. IMO. I think it flows better than any since Band On The Run, it's a little broader but still as about as concise.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 10:12:24 PM by Yeshelloitsmehereagain »

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 10:07:09 AM »

That's great. Much appreciated.

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 07:26:20 PM »

A fine album for the most part.  The title track is almost sublime in it's ability to capture the mood and surreality of an everyday day maybe an everyday day smoking something illegal. Cafe on the left bank is a catchy rocker with a hint profundity that Sartre (whoever he is) himself would have appreciated. Backwards traveller is another big fat juicy melody with some cool lyrics but sadly it's only a short song. I'm carrying is nice but doesn't quite make it as a hidden Macca gem. The jam bit Cuff link is a pretty blatant rip off of Pink Floyd's Any colour you like but otherwise excellent. WALL is one of the irrisistible slow songs that seem to rock. My fav. track is Morse moose which I find very compelling. The rest aren't really very good and I only listen to this album as a playlist with the tracks I don't like edited out now.
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 12:53:13 PM »

'london town' is,i think,my favourite wings album on the whole.i really dig this album,although i do understand that others may find it ordinary.the band was one that was in transition again,with jimmy and joe bidding their farewells.i would hazard a guess that paul plays drums on a couple of tracks on the album;i would say it's definitely him drumming on 'with a little luck'.
the title track is nice,'cafe on the left bank' is very,very typical wings.'i'm carrying' is lovely,a little paul gem.'backwards traveller/cuff link' i really love,and i think 'girlfriend' is the absolute cracker on the album.i love the falsetto vocals and i think the lyrics are really top notch.a great love song.'with a little luck' is a big-hitter,'i've had enough' contains one of maccas' great vocals,very rocky.'name and address' is a top elvis rip-off although it's basically filler,but very good filler!!denny's songs are quite nice,i prefer 'children children' to 'deliver your children',i don't really rate the lyric about good eggs and hens.
mull of kintyre just around the corner,a lovely album from paul and the gang.who'd have thought they were on the final straight as a band?
......."but tonight,i just wanna stay in,and be with you"..............

Yeshelloitsmehereagain

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 09:45:45 PM »

Band On The Run was built on the back of a crisis of sorts, this one was too. I think the 5 piece of Paul, Linda, Denny, Jimmy and Joe was and is the best line-up of Wings. They were together the longest and developed their sound alot more over the 3 or 4 years... Had massive hits, world tours etc... This album is the best showcase of Wings...

Review nine songs in.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 12:15:44 AM »

I didnt get mine done either. It'll be a few days. Anxious to read yours Ollie.

Yeshelloitsmehereagain

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 10:22:51 PM »

Anxious so you can blow it apart with yours?  ;D

Well mines mostly positive, but I think a couple of tunes coulda been given the chop, but even those offer alot of ideas... enthusiasm.

I'm looking forward to your review. Also the next two after it. Then can we agree to praise most of Tug Of War, damn Pipes Of Peace for being a mainly rubbish collection of B-sides and then love Press To Play for being the wonder that it is?  ;D

I got to tackle tracks 13 and 14 now. Wow.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 10:31:25 PM by Yeshelloitsmehereagain »

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 10:58:31 PM »

then love Press To Play for being the wonder that it is?  ;D

I love Press too. Apparenlty Paul doesn't like it.  I spent ages one night trying to find the quote where he says himself it wasn't good but to no avail.
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 01:26:23 AM »

damn Pipes Of Peace for being a mainly rubbish collection of B-sides

Thankfully we already did Pipes Of Peace. I dont know if Cor will choose to revisit it, but i'll just copy and paste instead of torturing myself again.

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 07:09:11 AM »

I love Press too. Apparenlty Paul doesn't like it.  I spent ages one night trying to find the quote where he says himself it wasn't good but to no avail.
i think that was in'Q' magazine back in the late 1990s,he just said something like 'press was a poor album',he didn't go on about it a lot.i may still have the interview to be honest.if i get 5 minutes i'll attempt to dig it out.i like press too.but then again i don't mind pipes of peace......... ;)
......."but tonight,i just wanna stay in,and be with you"..............

Bobber

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 08:16:55 AM »

Thankfully we already did Pipes Of Peace. I dont know if Cor will choose to revisit it, but i'll just copy and paste instead of torturing myself again.

Did we do that? I know I didn't.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 05:55:18 PM »

Did we do that? I know I didn't.

http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/index.php?topic=11767.0

Its when Mr.Mustard and I were kind of disagreeing about 'Pipes' and 'Press'. Its not official so post another up. It'll be easy for me.

Yeshelloitsmehereagain

• Getting Better
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 08:23:25 PM »

London Town...

I cannot recall when or where I perchased this album, but it's been with me for the past 7 years and over that time it has developed into a favorite. It's only slightly lower in my estimations than Band On The Run... I think Mull Of Kintyre, Girls' School and Waterspout should've been on it too.

1. London Town
Synth intro is nice as is the bass when it kicks in, Melody is tops, words are a bit silly stoned and but I like them, "Oh where are there places to go?" is a nice hook, singing and harmonies are first rate (as they are throughout the album) to me it's indeed a soft almost hazy half-daydream of a song. Pretty and feckless aren't even the words. Toot toot toot toot.

2. Cafe On The Left Bank
Nice charge to this, I like the opening, If that's Jimmy it's great, Paul's lead vocal is spot on great, love Linda's backing toward the end it's alot of images, You can feel a high octane lifestyle of dancing after midnight and drinking Cocktails back in 1977/8, this sounds very much of it's era, maybeen a better single than "I've Had Enough".

3. I'm Carrying
The standard McCartney ballad that you've come expect from all his albums, yes, but... It's such a delicate piece, acoustic sounds incredible singing is sensational, (This is Paul's best album vocally) The melody is again the thing... It's uplifting, beautiful, it's also evocative of something or other, gives me a warm feeling anyway. Love the strings, the humming, the whole damn bit. I think George Harrison said he thought this was a good song. I agree.

4. Backwards Traveller
Again I like the images in the songs. "Ancient wool unraveller... Sailing songs, wailing on the moon..." There's a definate nautical feel to this album, I love escaping out to sea in a boat myself, Sounded like a grand time on them Yachts... I like all the synths and fx. The keyboards on this album are nothing short of stunning. On the whole this one is too short. Leads into...

5. Cuff Link
Almost. Drums stand out for me. Guitar too... Bit of jammy filler but it's in the mood of the album, somehow. Could've been a B-side. Certainly works on the back of Backwards Traveller.

6. Children Children.
McCartney/Laine is an underrated writing team. Again we have images of tiny waterfalls, Fishes racing... Sounds a good deal more acoustic, folk like, Violins and fiddles it's very well done. Joyus, youthful, a celebration of the joy and innocence and wonder of being a Child.

7. Girlfriend
I've not always gotten on with this track and I shall endevour to explain... the falsetto is cool, I don't think it was a single was it? Probably would've done well on the back of Silly Love Songs. Similar kind of Teenage bubblegum that you're gonna hear. I like the melody again... Late at night when the wind is free... I have some personal memories of this track it means something to me, it's one of them that came to me at a certain time. He's not sure of his position. He knows she's with him but she writes him letters, classic love triangle, it becomes pleading, that's actually exceptional writing in my view. Backing is exceptional. "'Till the oceans a sea of snow" You think I hit a theme here?

8. I've Had Enough
It seems a little out of place at first, but coming inbetween what it does it fits. I don't know if he's trying to sound p*ssed or if he is actually p*ssed off, anyway the band is hot, I think the mix is maybe a bit soft, but it builds nicely, the guitar turns out to be fabulous. Strong drumming. They eventually get the bit between thier teeths. Then it nearly seems that Macca apologises for it all but he's had enough of that as well...

9. With A Little Luck
I actually never got the connection with the title track until Bobber pointed it out, but yes I agree, they do sound similar, for someone who listened to the edited version I have similar love for this as I do with Girlfriend. It's stark simplicity with words, bouncing with positivity, like a precursor to Coming Up. then the Synth breakdown in the middle is a joy. I'm no expert in musical matters but it examples a gift of Counterpoint (I think). I can tell you that when the counter syth comes in at the breakdown and promptly saves the day I had to laugh so hard. Outrageous. But it's another idea from an album brimming
with them. Drums again I like the touches. Bass is suitably flourished.

10. Famous Groupies
Picks up the folky bit again, Acoustics stand out and certainly the slide. Bit bombastic, bit acidic. A mad fans' field day, was surprised to hear it was put up by Capitol to be a single. Eventually it builds and
gets tougher, Gets a head of steam on it, but it's more of a passer in my view. Still interesting though. I don't know it's a bit Punk in a way. Acid Folk Punk. There's alot of ideas on here.

11. Deliver Your Children
I like the immediate intro... Guitar work is great again. It's catchy, Funny little story, Paul backs Denny expertly in the vocal count, almost a duet, it's so good. It begins to ramble but I think it stands, I like how desperate the situation gets and the backing reflects it, almost darkly turns before the ending which goes all twee. It's a faith song isn't it? Or quasi-faith... ain't no praying man but things have gotten so desperate. Eventually leads into crime. It's the edgiest song on the album. Actually. Again McCartney/Laine turn up a gem.

12.Name and Address
It's certainly superflous, but it's a nice tribute to Elvis, who I guess died not long before Mull of Kintyre/Girls' School came about. I'll allow Paul this indulgence, because it's breif and it sounds like
something Mr. Presley would've genuinuely recorded towards the end with the screechy backgrounds mainly courtesy of Linda. It sounds at odds with the rest but again it works where it is (I think the running order is pretty much correct). Hot Guitar. I like the end very much also.

13. Don't Let It Bring You Down
I'll agree with the best song of the album tag. It's so superbly winning in every way that I can't really begin to sum this one up. I think Denny again got a good response from Paul on this one. I don't know why
 they stopped collaborating, I'm sure there were good reasons mind but there was inspiration in there. Kick drum, brushes, nice lead guitar, recorder traces the melody. Probably one of Paul's best ever vocal
performances, Denny and Linda eventually link up and the three turn into the Wings powerhouse, "Up and down your Carousel", I like the phasing on the guitars, I think used in this way it's tasteful, it starts
to roll a bit. Less of a Rocker more a Roller... Seems to be heartfelt, has a real feeling to it. Town is once again evoked.

14. Moorse Moose And The Grey Goose
It really does resemble 1985 with those big operatic notes in it. Piano is good, guitar is distorted, drums groove, Bass is outa this... Lead goes all lovely. "Way on down at the bottom of the sea..." It's a nice
 summation of this album, it brings the folky and pop elements together, it's about nothing much I'm sure, but it works as album closer, certainly works in a 'A Day In The Life" and "Nineteen Hundred and Eighty
Five" fashion as the strings flood in toward the end... That bass is still there. What a lovely load of nonsense.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:59:31 PM by Yeshelloitsmehereagain »

Bobber

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 07:28:13 AM »

Great review there Ollie. Thanks for that.

On a sidenote: I've been adding my reviews to Dmitry DM's Beatles Site here. It would be nice to see the amount of reviews growing. http://www.murashev.com/dmdl/artist.php?artist=19

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 03:09:00 PM »

London Town

London Town - I like how this one starts out with the piano and keyboards. Harmonies are good and Pauls voice sounds on queue. Drums are tight as usual from Joe and the horns are welcome (don’t know if they are real or a product of the keyboard). All in all though, this is a very boring song in my opinion and doesn’t offer a whole lot for the listener. The best part is the end with the trading guitars and Joes frantic drumming and that only lasts for a few seconds. I’ll pass on this one.

Café On The Left Bank - Before listening to this, I would like to point out that I like this tune and this song is one of the reasons I even bother breaking this CD out. Its on all my Paul compilations and my ipod. Love the guitar in the beginning from Jimmy. The double timed hi-hats are sweet. Cant ignore the wood block in the background either. 0:52 the tempo change has Joe going to the ride and be honest, its so awesome that it might be the real reason I like this song overall. 1:02 love the harmonies (especially Linda). Great guitar solo from Jimmy. Fantastic playing. This ones a winner and it’ll probably end up being my favorite off the album, but lets listen on to see for sure.

I’m Carrying - Like the guitar and Paul singing in the beginning. Strings are nice too. Not crazy about mumbling during a couple bars in the middle of the song. Did he have a brain fart and forget to put lyrics to it? On a whole, this song is boring as hell and every Paul album has one of these songs it seems. Nothing special at all. I’ll pass on this one too.

Backwards Traveller - This sounds like something that would have fit pretty nicely on ‘Band On The Run’ for some reason. I dig all the off beat stuff with the drums and keys and everything, but the little space sounding synth part at 0:34 almost made me puke. Sounded really silly and not needed. Great, it continues for the rest of the song. It’s a deal breaker. Another pass.

Cuff Link - Cool keyboard intro and Joe’s drums sound awesome. Reminds me of ‘Lunchbox/Oddsox’ a little. Nice little jam I suppose that doesn’t really go anywhere. Its inoffensive though so I could take it or leave it either way.

Children Children - A nice light song with some interesting instruments being played throughout. Love the harmonies (I’m a Linda fan though). Not crazy about the fiddle, but do like the French horn at the 1:40. Song is confusing me some, its almost a childrens song trying to be a country song half the time. Who sang the lead on this one? Was it Denny or Jimmy? Either way I wasn’t impressed. Wasn’t awful, but nothing I’d want to revisit.

Girlfriend - The mellow, twangy sounding stuff continues here. The huge ‘Yeah’ at 0:18 literally made me say WTF. Songs like this cause me to be embarrassed to listen to Paul sometimes. Hate the falsetto singing throughout. This song is terrible, but luckily its long as hell too (that was sarcasm by the way about us being lucky with the length of the song). Joe’s great drumming and Jimmy’s guitar playing cant save this. Awful.

I’ve Had Enough - A welcome break from the previous couple of craptastic tunes. Nice little rocker with a strong beat and a cool riff. Bass sounds cool and it’s the first time on the album that I even noticed it. Guitar playing is good as usual and I like Jimmy tone during the lead. Joe rocks too. Pauls voice is great sounding too. Good song. Nothing fantastic, but good.

With A little Luck - Of all Pauls really popular, famous songs,this is probably my least favorite. I always skip this one when I hear it on the radio or a greatest hits album. Its too sugar coated for me. Its like he took ‘Silly Love Songs’ and dumbed it down by half. Too much keyboards for my taste also. He even decides to give us a lead with the keyboards. Harmonies are top notch and the ending is pretty cool, but damn is this song brutally long. Another pass.

Famous Groupies - Like the acoustic with the electric guitar strumming in the back. I love Pauls voice although its wasted on this silly song. This song tries too hard to be cute and it fails with Pauls accents and the background voices along with the country hoedown music. Sucks and yet another pass.

Deliver Your Children - Love the guitar playing, but the lead vocals suck. Denny? Harmonies are awesome, but its Paul singing with Linda so how can they not be? The whole song is monotonous, but it doesn’t bother me for some reason. A little long, but again, the song doesn’t bother me and its better than some of the stuff I’ve heard up to this point.

Name And Address - Cool guitar sound and I dig Pauls voice that sounds like its being played through an old amp. Sounds like an old Buddy Holly or Elvis jam or something. I like this one. Great guitar solo. Drumming is solid as a rock. Good tune.

Don’t Let It Bring You Down - Nice, slower acoustic beginning with lead playing in background. Cool brushes on the drums. The flute or whatever at 0:42 is annoying. 1:25 the high voice killed the momentum for me. Eh, the whole song just plods along. I waited for something to happen, but nothing did. Plus the song reminds me of ‘We Three Kings’ at Christmas time. I’ll pass.

Morse Moose And The Grey Goose - The drums on this song are exceptional. Pauls screaming voice is a bit much and the constant chaos in the background makes the song intolerable and that’s too bad, because there’s some cool stuff happening throughout. Seriously, the constant background noise is a deal breaker for a song that I probably could listen to otherwise. Who am I kidding. Pass.

Girl’s School - A rocker that everybody seems to like except me. I don’t like the slide guitar. I hate it as a matter of fact. Eh, its not a bad song, but its just not something I want to hear even though it’s a rocker. It’s a bonus track that makes the record better, but looking back at all the songs, that isn’t something that would be hard to do.

Its official, this record is even worse than I remembered. There’s only one song on the thing that I would listen to more than once. I had high hopes going in since I liked ‘At The Speed Of Sound’, but it wasn’t to be. This album reminds me of a bad 80’s record for some reason. It must be the keyboards. Regardless, I just don’t feel the material is strong here. Thank goodness he offered up one of his better efforts next (in my opinion).

Sorry

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 03:27:47 PM »

Great reviews Cor and Ollie.

I'd almost be afraid to add my reviews to D's site. People might think I hate the Beatles.  ha2ha

Yeshelloitsmehereagain

• Getting Better
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 10:59:51 PM »

I'm already listening to Back To The Egg. It's like fourteen false starts all wrapped together in one big false start. Chris Thomas makes the guitars and vocals sound a bit edgier but I'm not a fan of the Drumming. The best riff was written by Linda and the best songs aren't songs they're four sets of a couple of verses all edited together to create one big mess. But enough talk of inferior albums in this thread.

I love London Town. It's so warm and sunny and carefree... I can smell the warmth of it.

Morse Moose is a crazy storm of a sea shanty it's utterly compelling, it takes a number of outings to fully absorb.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 11:07:33 PM by Yeshelloitsmehereagain »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.756 seconds with 82 queries.