Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: What Beatles "landmark" have you visited?  (Read 19011 times)

KelMar

Re: What Beatles "landmark" have you visited?
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2012, 04:23:41 AM »

BTW, if you are ever back in NYC again, stop by that place.  Just down the block and across the street is the Winter Garden Theater, where today you can catch Mamma Mia, but back in the 1970s you could have caught:

Badly cropped shot, but it appears to be the only one I could find on Google image search of the marquee back in the day...

It's not the real thing but an incredible simulation.  ;D
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2012, 04:34:25 AM »

They were twenty years older, but here's the original cast of Beatlemania...

Original Cast of Beatlemania in Australia - 1998
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2012, 04:58:37 AM »

They were twenty years older, but here's the original cast of Beatlemania...

I never thought I'd care to see a Beatles tribute band but last summer one one of my co-workers was talking about going to see one. "George" is a friend of her family. I watched them on YouTube and they are good! I'm going to do my best to see them this summer.

Sir John Johns

• A Beginning
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2012, 06:59:33 PM »

Abbey Road, Did the Magical Mystery Tour of Liverpool a couple of times & Candlestick Park

Dr.Winston

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2012, 09:06:05 PM »

I've been to many of the 'established' UK Beatles sights. Strangely enough one that sticks in my mind was the old Kingsway Club in Southport. I knew it was where they performed live with Ringo for the first time (Along wit The Cavern the same day); anyway, I'm glad I made the effort because it burnt down a couple of months later!

I think the most off the beaten track Beatle place I've visited is the Rizal Memorial Football Stadium in Manila in The Philippines 40 years to the day after The Beatles played to their biggest ever crowd on a single day (2 performances).

walrus_21

• A Beginning
  • But I tried.
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2012, 01:50:47 PM »

I answered a while back ...
Liverpool -- Mendips, Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Jacaranda, Matthew St., etc.
London -- Abbey Road, Marylebone Station,
NYC -- The Dakota gate, Strawberry Fields, Shea Stadium.
At Shea, I was working as a photographer and got to go down on the field.  I walked in from a gate in centerfield (I know, wrong way), and the crowd was roaring at the event, and I for just beyond second base where the stage was set up, and gave a quick wave over my head like they did getting into the getaway car.  Of course, no one was paying any attention to me, but it was fun.  :-)

But an update -- did Hamburg this year.  Stood in the doorway of the photo John used for "Rock and Roll."  Saw the Reeperbahn, the outside of the clubs, the theater of burned-condom fame, etc.  It was OK.  Yes, BeatlePlatz, for the person who asked.  Nothing really special about it. 

marthagoesruff

• One And One Is Two
  • my dog he has 3 legs. no my dog really has 3 legs
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2012, 03:18:04 PM »

THE ONLY THING CLOSE FOR ME IS WENT TO THE RANCH IN DALLAS WHERE LINDA AND PAUL BOUGHT A HORSE THEN FLEW HIM TO THE UK

ZoGeo

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2012, 06:18:07 PM »

being born and raised in Speke, a few streets away from Upton Green, I've visited pretty much every landmark in Liverpool.. I'm playing at The Cavern in August with my Uncles band, it's the only way I can get in because I plan on visiting every landmark in 'pool before I'm 16.. Also, I go to Calderstones High School, which you may know as Quarry Bank :D

porcupine

• One And One Is Two
  • "The guitar's all right John"
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2012, 05:46:18 PM »

Hi There,

I`m a newby here... I am Mike and i live in Holland. I`m a huge Beatles fan. I`m 37 years old, and i grew up with the Beatles. My dad had al the albums and still does.. I have visit Liverpool twice now. I`ve been inside Menlove Avenue 251 (Mendips) Mimi`s house.. and i`ve been inside McCartney`s house on the Forthlin road. I`ve visit the Casbah Coffee club this year and i have met Roag Best there. Roag is Pete`s younger brother. The Casbah is my favorite spot everything is still the same as 50 years ago. Amazing place to visit,.

Of course i`ve visited the Cavern, Jaccaranda, Blue angel, The Grapes, The Iron door (only a plague to see), Woolton (st peters church) The place were John met Paul, Penny lane, Strawberry fields, The hospital were John Lennon was born) Newcastle road nr 9, The birth house of Ringo, Arnold grove (George) The quarrybank School, The royal iris (Ferry cross the mercey. The beatles played on that boat) , Town hall, Empire Theater, Lime street, .... You see, i have seen al the beatles spots in Liverpool. Oh i`ve also been to the old NEMS (Brian Epstein), The place were Brian Epstein was born.

In holland we have only one important place called Blokker. The Beatles played there in 1964 in the old Veiling hall ... and i`ve been to the war cemetrey in oosterbeek. The beatles also been there.

Next year i`m going to visit Hamburg to visit al the spots there...

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2012, 01:22:30 AM »

Welcome to the Forum, Mike!  You've been to places I hope to visit one day.
I can stay till it's time to go

marthagoesruff

• One And One Is Two
  • my dog he has 3 legs. no my dog really has 3 legs
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2012, 03:07:18 PM »

hey hey mike welcome

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
  • Love is old Love is new Love is all Love is you <3
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2012, 05:49:51 PM »

Hi There,

I`m a newby here... I am Mike and i live in Holland. I`m a huge Beatles fan. I`m 37 years old, and i grew up with the Beatles. My dad had al the albums and still does.. I have visit Liverpool twice now. I`ve been inside Menlove Avenue 251 (Mendips) Mimi`s house.. and i`ve been inside McCartney`s house on the Forthlin road. I`ve visit the Casbah Coffee club this year and i have met Roag Best there. Roag is Pete`s younger brother. The Casbah is my favorite spot everything is still the same as 50 years ago. Amazing place to visit,.

Of course i`ve visited the Cavern, Jaccaranda, Blue angel, The Grapes, The Iron door (only a plague to see), Woolton (st peters church) The place were John met Paul, Penny lane, Strawberry fields, The hospital were John Lennon was born) Newcastle road nr 9, The birth house of Ringo, Arnold grove (George) The quarrybank School, The royal iris (Ferry cross the mercey. The beatles played on that boat) , Town hall, Empire Theater, Lime street, .... You see, i have seen al the beatles spots in Liverpool. Oh i`ve also been to the old NEMS (Brian Epstein), The place were Brian Epstein was born.

In holland we have only one important place called Blokker. The Beatles played there in 1964 in the old Veiling hall ... and i`ve been to the war cemetrey in oosterbeek. The beatles also been there.

Next year i`m going to visit Hamburg to visit al the spots there...

Wow!  :o That's impressive, you're very lucky to have been able to visit those places. Welcome to the forum! :)
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

porcupine

• One And One Is Two
  • "The guitar's all right John"
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2012, 08:42:59 PM »

I am very lucky Applescruffy 96... Maybe i`m going also next year to Liverpool. It`s a one hour flight from Amsterdam to Liverpool and it`s very cheap. Thank you for welcoming me.. ;-)

But i also want it to visit Hamburg and London as well,but London is very expensive. A beatle taxi tour is about 99 pounds for a 2 hours tour. In Liverpool i paid 50 pounds for a 4 hour beatles tour.

But i want to visit the abbey road studios before i die ;-) hehehe...

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
  • Love is old Love is new Love is all Love is you <3
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2012, 08:04:23 AM »

I am very lucky Applescruffy 96... Maybe i`m going also next year to Liverpool. It`s a one hour flight from Amsterdam to Liverpool and it`s very cheap. Thank you for welcoming me.. ;-)

But i also want it to visit Hamburg and London as well,but London is very expensive. A beatle taxi tour is about 99 pounds for a 2 hours tour. In Liverpool i paid 50 pounds for a 4 hour beatles tour.

But i want to visit the abbey road studios before i die ;-) hehehe...

It's money well spent though, I'm sure.  ;)
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2012, 10:24:18 AM »

being born and raised in Speke, a few streets away from Upton Green, I've visited pretty much every landmark in Liverpool.. I'm playing at The Cavern in August with my Uncles band, it's the only way I can get in because I plan on visiting every landmark in 'pool before I'm 16.. Also, I go to Calderstones High School, which you may know as Quarry Bank :D

Very cool !!
On a visit to Liverpool a couple of years ago I stayed at the Hampton Hilton hotel at Liverpool airport. A tourist information worker outside the airport just happened to mention in the conversation we were having that the housing estate you could see near the airport was Speke and that is where George and Paul both lived when they were young. I had no idea, so of course had to go over for a quick visit!  ;D

ZoGeo

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2012, 08:00:03 PM »

Very cool !!
On a visit to Liverpool a couple of years ago I stayed at the Hampton Hilton hotel at Liverpool airport. A tourist information worker outside the airport just happened to mention in the conversation we were having that the housing estate you could see near the airport was Speke and that is where George and Paul both lived when they were young. I had no idea, so of course had to go over for a quick visit!  ;D

I know exactly where you're talking about and I live round the back of the estate (if it's the one you're thinking of) but sadly I'm moving to Allerton to be closer to school. I say sadly, just because I love Speke, but I'm kinda still happy 'cause Paul lived in Allerton :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 1.667 seconds with 67 queries.