Beatles forums > Song Of The Week Series

Song Of The Week - Wait

<< < (2/5) > >>

Klang:

Great energy, very original. Again, I think they were at their best at that period.

:)

oldbrownshoe:
One of the gems in the catalogue and all the better for being underplayed when compared to, say, 'Drive My Car' or (the rather over-rated) 'In My Life'.
Would have made a fantastic Beatles b-side, and yet any R&B/Mod group c.65/66 would have killed to have it as an a-side.

nimrod:
I think the thing about 'Wait' is its one of those un commercial but incredibly interesting songs they wrote, Ask Me Why, Not A Second Time, PS I Love You, I'll Be Back etc I love all these songs, they are musically very interesting and kind of solemn and serious, showing a introspective side to Lennon & McCartney......Wait fit the mood of Rubber Soul so well, it was a well crafted LP and these songs were well crafted, all of them.

Dcazz:
Never really liked it much. IMO wrong for Rubber Soul. With it's less mature lyrics it belongs on an earlier album or given to another artist. It was used as a filler anyway as they were down to their Christmas deadline so they fixed it and stuck it in to make the 14 songs for the album.

tkitna:
I actually like Wait. First Beatle tune that I really tried to learn spot on with the drums. Its not a great song by any stretch, but I enjoy it for some reason.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version