Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Pattie Boyd's tell-all book coming in August  (Read 42194 times)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
Pattie Boyd's tell-all book coming in August
« on: August 05, 2007, 06:26:05 PM »

Well, folks, I've seen the first snippet from it today. You can read the full article with pictures here:
http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=473174&in_page_id=1879

The full book will be out at the end of August, at least in the US. I'm sure there will be plenty to discuss after we have a chance to read it. My, those wild rock stars.  :o Cheers.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

• A Beginning
Re: Pattie Boyd's tell-all book coming in August
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 07:42:11 PM »

Sounds like an ego-boosting exercise.  She must be desperate or broke or both.  Until now, she and Jane Asher were the only two existing that took the high road.  Guess that narrows it down to one.
What time does the Bus leave?<br /><br />The opinons expressed by 834 are solely maintained by 834 and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of other members or management of this site.  They are not meant to offend or insult, they are just

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 08:25:09 PM »

I think desperate fits the bill in this case, 834. Her book is a reaction to Eric Clapton's biography, which is coming out at the same time. Apparently she and Eric had made an agreement that neither of them would talk about each other's personal lives. When Eric agreed to put out his official biography (for a handsome sum), it made Pattie so angry that she decided to come out with hers. Apparently the only way she could get her handsome sum was to cover the George Harrison aspect as well.

So I'm expecting a bit of George, but a lot of Eric. The excerpt that I read seems to support that view. Granted, you do find a lot of Beatles mentioned in it, but the stories are not very detailed. I guess none of the Beatles ex-wives really knows how to write!

The Jane stands alone!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 08:28:33 PM »

Maureen seemed pretty down to earth.  She could have told a story or 20, but left well enough alone.  As JL said, everyone gets a book.
What time does the Bus leave?<br /><br />The opinons expressed by 834 are solely maintained by 834 and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of other members or management of this site.  They are not meant to offend or insult, they are just

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 08:47:49 PM »

I probably will read it, biographies are always more interesting when the author was actually there, writing about people they knew.  I could see why it made her angry, she probably wanted to get her side of the story in, before anyone judges her.  
I liked Cyn's book, I feel a lot of people didn't, but I did, showed me a whole other side of John.

As for Jane, I think she should right a book. I never heard why she and Paul  broke up, from either of them.  

She didn't age very well, to much plastic surgery it seems!

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 09:18:29 PM »

I liked Cynthia's book as well, DSL. I like hearing the female perspective on why they did what they did, and how they perceived it.

Jane and Paul broke up over me. Sorry to break it to you this way, but it was time: August tell-all month. John (and you) are right: I should write a book. Mine will be titled, "I Was Only There to Walk Martha, and Look What Happened!"   :o

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 10:17:39 PM »

I should write a book. Mine will be titled, "I Was Only There to Walk Martha, and Look What Happened!"   (laugh2) That was so funny! I would be the first to buy it  ;)

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 11:03:04 PM »

I dread to hear of a Heather Mills biog out! :-/
titled "Me & Macca"??? :P ;D

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 11:40:35 PM »

No one would buy it....what would she even write about they were married 4 years!

I hate that women  >:(

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 11:48:08 PM »

Quote from: 614
titled "Me & Macca"??? :P ;D

"Macca & Me"?  :P

Octie thought of a good Geroge book title "S.I.G.H" stands for So Into Geroge Harrison

But about the Pattie book- I want to read it! I have always wanted to know what was happening between George and the woman whom he loved so much... the one that even after he she said no he kept on trying... the one he was so shy of telling her... and then what?  :-/

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 11:48:17 PM »

Ewwww... I despise Heather (dead1)

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2007, 11:50:35 PM »

I like Olivia better than Pattie...but that's just me!

• A Beginning
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 12:04:13 AM »

Quote from: 668
"I probably will read it, biographies are always more interesting when the author was actually there, writing about people they knew.  I could see why it made her angry, she probably wanted to get her side of the story in, before anyone judges her."

Does anyone care about Pattie Boyd?  She has been little more than a footnote in the Beatle saga.  She's going to bring more attention to all that weirdness than anything by writing a book.  The reality, at least from the excerpt was 'Me Me Me'.  She sounds proud of the fact that she was in the middle of two of the '60s biggest icons, not like she's trying to sway anyone.  Who knows?  Who cares?  That  book will be in the $1.99 bin about one month after its published.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 12:04:33 AM »

Quote from: 668
I like Olivia better than Pattie...but that's just me!

Not just you, DSL. But George was a lot older when he met Olivia. It's really amazing that anyone stays together when they get together so young. They met when Pattie was 19 and George was 20. They married at 21 and 22. People do a lot of changing as they grow up. Even if you love each other, sometimes you just find up that you end up as two very different adult people without much in common. Based on the excerpt from the book, that sounds like what happened between P&G. No one traumatic incident, just a steady moving apart.

Edited to add: I think quite a lot of people care, 834. For one thing, it's a Beatles-related book by someone who wasn't a chauffeur or the third-assistant manager of the guy who used to run their downtown office and saw them twice at a party. Second, as the person who initiated the whole Maharishi adventure, she's more than a footnote. And finally, I think a lot of women will be keen to hear a woman's perspective on the situation.

Of course, if the book is a disappointment, it deserves to end up in the $1.99 bin. But I'm curious and eager to hear what she has to say.

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 12:04:57 AM »

I want to read her book though...

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 12:12:08 AM »

True. But not impossible, my granparents were that age. May be a different time, but basically the same. Olivia I always just liked her more, just because she seems more real to me.

Pattie isn't my favorite Beatle wife, but I think her book will do ok. And she is writing the book about HER life. It's an auto-biography, it is going to be mainly about her. Though she does seem a little, I don't know, to me.

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 07:08:52 PM »

She should have released her book while George was still alive. It's not really fair to do it after his death because he cannot make any comment.  :-/

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 09:00:45 PM »

Quote from: 356
She should have released her book while George was still alive. It's not really fair to do it after his death because he cannot make any comment.  :-/
I think her release date has nothing to do with George. It's her counter-attack against Eric. His book is coming out this fall, so hers is, also.

Even if George were still available, I'm not sure he would have commented. He would have found this public airing of his personal affairs extremely distasteful. I'm not certain, but I don't think the former Beatles ever really answered any specific charges in various books about them, other than to say, "They're all crap." Somehow I don't see George pointing out the errors. Then again, if George were alive, Pattie might not have published this book. She seemed fond of him, and knew he would hate it. One could argue that she isn't causing him any pain by publishing this after his time.

Whoever

• Getting Better
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 09:18:34 PM »

The better people here will have seen this thread and resisted to comment, however I am not a better person.

Those books are written for idiots to gossip about in internet forums. If it's important to gossip about it, then go right ahead, you'll hear no more from me on the matter.

"Isn't it a pity, oh isn't it a shame..."

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 11:26:54 PM »

Quote from: 779
The better people here will have seen this thread and resisted to comment, however I am not a better person.

Those books are written for idiots to gossip about in internet forums. If it's important to gossip about it, then go right ahead, you'll hear no more from me on the matter.

"Isn't it a pity, oh isn't it a shame..."

Well put.  And you remain the better person.
I can stay till it's time to go
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Page created in 0.351 seconds with 85 queries.