Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Pattie Boyd's tell-all book coming in August  (Read 42196 times)

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Pattie Boyd's tell-all book coming in August
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2009, 09:50:22 PM »

I think maybe he really wasn't okay with it, but he didn't want to really show that he cared. I don't know, it did seem a little weird to me as well. But then the fact that Pattie told him she was leaving and then he basically begged her not to leave says a lot.

I agree with you, Randy! This is strange. Maybe it means that George was a strong person and didn`t want to show he was hurt?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2009, 10:59:07 PM »

I agree with you, Randy! This is strange. Maybe it means that George was a strong person and didn`t want to show he was hurt?

Yeah Jane, he probably was a strong willed person. He stuck to what he believed in. But maybe he made the wrong choice that time? I believe he was most likely a person who would bottle up all of their emotions and not show them to anyone. He seemed to put a wall up.

"Ringo will always be my friend"--George Harrison (Rolling Stone Magazine 1987)

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #142 on: December 08, 2009, 10:03:11 PM »

Yeah Jane, he probably was a strong willed person. He stuck to what he believed in. But maybe he made the wrong choice that time? I believe he was most likely a person who would bottle up all of their emotions and not show them to anyone. He seemed to put a wall up.

Very good observation! He certainly was an introvert, calm and reserved. And don`t forget he was a QUIET Beatle!

larainefan

• A Beginning
« Reply #143 on: December 08, 2009, 10:10:39 PM »

Not only that, but there's that song Cockamamie Business, which seems fairly autobiographical.  One verse is:

Got my face on Ed Sullivan---broke my heart on Soul Train
Introduced to Bad Company---lost cells down at the Brain Drain
And before I could mend---lost the missus, missed the girlfriend
In this Cockamamie Business

Seems he was hoping he could have mended his ways before he lost the missus.  Who is mentioned in the "missed the girlfriend" reference?  But didn't a poster pages back say when George did try to straighten his life out, Pattie found that boring, she still wanted to go out and have a good time?  It's been awhile since I've read this whole thread, but I think that was mentioned.

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2009, 10:32:54 PM »

Very good observation! He certainly was an introvert, calm and reserved. And don`t forget he was a QUIET Beatle!

yeah of course.  ;) I don't know, it's hard to understand things like this when you weren't there. yah know?

Not only that, but there's that song Cockamamie Business, which seems fairly autobiographical.  One verse is:

Got my face on Ed Sullivan---broke my heart on Soul Train
Introduced to Bad Company---lost cells down at the Brain Drain
And before I could mend---lost the missus, missed the girlfriend
In this Cockamamie Business

Seems he was hoping he could have mended his ways before he lost the missus.  Who is mentioned in the "missed the girlfriend" reference?  But didn't a poster pages back say when George did try to straighten his life out, Pattie found that boring, she still wanted to go out and have a good time?  It's been awhile since I've read this whole thread, but I think that was mentioned.

I've never heard that song before. I must go and listen to it. I'm not sure who the girlfriend he was talking about? I would have to look into it more.
I didn't read that, I'm not sure. But in Pattie's book I never read anything about him trying to change. She said he didn't change, that's why she decided to finally leave, though it was extremely hard for her to do. 

"Ringo will always be my friend"--George Harrison (Rolling Stone Magazine 1987)

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2009, 10:08:48 PM »

yeah of course.  ;) I don't know, it's hard to understand things like this when you weren't there. yah know?

I've never heard that song before. I must go and listen to it. I'm not sure who the girlfriend he was talking about? I would have to look into it more.
I didn't read that, I'm not sure. But in Pattie's book I never read anything about him trying to change. She said he didn't change, that's why she decided to finally leave, though it was extremely hard for her to do. 

Dear Randy! I like Pattie very much, she is a living legend to me. But I don`t think we should believe everything she writes in her book. Certainly she would whitewash herself to appear innocent and trying to mend the relationship as hard as she could. I can`t believe her fully. I think George was trying to arouse her jealousy, to stop her from leaving him. But she was making passes at Eric behind George`s back. She may have been bored or wanting to lead a different kind of life, or falling in love with Eric. But all the same it was betrayal on her part. That`s my opinion. Nobody knows for sure, we can only speculate and decide whether we believe Pattie`s words or not. I don`t fully believe her unfortunately.

cubanheel

• Getting Better
« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2009, 10:34:28 PM »

She's also writing about a time a long, long time ago.  Memories shift and your older self sometimes unconsciously puts a different spin on things.  I don't think I could HONESTLY write about my inmost thoughts from that lomg ago with any accuracy.  Oh and I was only a toddler when that went on....!
...once there was a way to get back homeward ...

larainefan

• A Beginning
« Reply #147 on: January 02, 2010, 04:18:03 PM »

Here's another take on the whole George/Pattie thing, from Tony Bramwell and his book Magical Mystery Tours, My Life with the Beatles:

"He (George) became very private...unlike Pattie who wanted to have fun---lots of it.  It was unfortunate that she was a flirt.  I'd often be at a club and there she would be, surrounded by any number of the dozen virile young rock and rollers...I never asked her where George was, because we all knew that he was at home...But she was never mean...or spiteful.  She was just so young and not ready to settle down in suburbia.

"Sometimes, when we were in the studio, George didn't seem to care who heard him anguishing, tearfully begging her to come home.  It was embarrassing having to listen to this.  And it was even more embarrassing for me to see George, my old Liverpool mate who'd always had all the girls looking at him...since he'd been about twelve, on the end of the telephone, acting like a lovesick calf...as he pleaded with Pattie on the bar phone at whatever club she happened to be...She was his first big love and he couldn't stand the pain.  In the end, being excessively worshipped, and being the worshipper, were too much for both of them---she wasn't for him.  She ran off with Eric Clapton."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Page created in 0.446 seconds with 54 queries.