Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac  (Read 2407 times)

nimrod

Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac
« on: October 23, 2012, 11:46:28 PM »

There have been many many great guitar players over the years since rock music developed, for me though no-one has matched the tone and feel that this guy from London had, not a flashy or super fast player, it was all about the emotion of the notes and the way that his guitar seemed to be a voice that was an extension of the player, like Miles Davies trumpet or John Coltranes sax, Greens Les paul seemed to have such a lost and lonely sound at times, like a sad voice that yearned for understanding.....
Whether your favourite guitar player is Clapton, Page, Gilmore or Satriani, have a listen to one who was a true virtuoso whose talent was sadly taken from us when his mind changed forever 40 years ago apparently due to LSD, a journey into insanity, his head becoming filled with demons as described in his own song 'The Green Manalishi'

Man of the world (full) - Peter Green

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
Re: Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 12:08:07 AM »

Peter Green, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie. Jeremy Spencer And Danny Kirwan was always my favorite Fleetwood-Mac line up.  The range of songs and writting was incredible. The blues and feeling was unmatched....groups today only dream of what this classice Mac line up had. JMO 8)

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 02:23:29 PM »

Green and Spencer were already gone, but Bare Trees is one of my favorites. Great songs and playing by Kirwan. I would love see a good remaster of this.
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 05:39:49 PM »

I would love to see a new allbum and tour of the first original Mac line up, but I think too many of their trains went "chuggin round the bend" many years and drugs ago. :(

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 08:43:27 PM »

I would love to see a new allbum and tour of the first original Mac line up, but I think too many of their trains went "chuggin round the bend" many years and drugs ago. :(

Yeah Danny Kirwan's tale is indeed a sad one.

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 11:15:18 PM »

Yeah Danny Kirwan's tale is indeed a sad one.
George I can't remeber, is he dead now or just destitute. I know Bob Welch is dead, but he was a later memeber. I just found the piture disc of his "French Kiss" lp in my collection I forget I had it. Its sad that "Ebony eyes" was his only hit. But the girl on the picture disc was too hot, especially when I was 13 ;D

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 12:09:14 AM »

George I can't remeber, is he dead now or just destitute. I know Bob Welch is dead, but he was a later memeber. I just found the piture disc of his "French Kiss" lp in my collection I forget I had it. Its sad that "Ebony eyes" was his only hit. But the girl on the picture disc was too hot, especially when I was 13 ;D

I think he's still alive, but not sure where he is or what he is up to. I hope he is doing well, he apparently spend some time in a mental institution some years ago.

nimrod

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 03:21:47 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Kirwan

Recent developments
Kirwan was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998 for his work as part of Fleetwood Mac, although he did not travel to the induction ceremony.
His three solo albums were given a belated CD release in February 2006, but only in Japan. A limited edition of 2,500 copies of "Second Chapter" was issued by Repertoire Records in early 2008. The rights/royalties situation regarding these releases is currently such that it is not commonly known if Kirwan will receive any income from them. Prior to this, only Second Chapter had been available on CD, for a brief period in Germany in 1993.
During the past couple of years, there have been rumours of a reunion of the early line-up of Fleetwood Mac, involving Green and Spencer. Whilst these two guitarists apparently remain unconvinced of the merits of such a project,[6] Kirwan has remained as silent as ever on the subject. In April 2006, during a question-and-answer session on the Penguin Fleetwood Mac fan website, bass player John McVie said of the reunion idea:
"If we could get Peter and Jeremy to do it, I'd probably, maybe, do it. I know Mick would do it in a flash. Unfortunately, I don't think there's much chance of Danny doing it. Bless his heart."[18]

Page created in 0.664 seconds with 54 queries.