News:

Author Topic: Iran  (Read 2271 times)

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
Iran
« on: September 04, 2007, 12:38:54 AM »

as some of you know or not, i'm an avid reader of the news site, fark.com, which basically takes news from any and all new sources and puts a user-created witty headline to it. well, i noticed yesterday that they had posted three different stories from three different new organizations and all were talking about our military build-up to Iran.

i guess, since i havent been up on news recently, that Iran is close to nuclear capabilities and the US has been playing wargames around the persian gulf. one was actually an interview with someone in the navy who reported that targets have all been chosen and that we're looking to throw everything we can at them at once and obliterate their army within a few days. that story was from a left-wing blog (dailykos)

one of the other stories was about congress and all of washington doing a massive wargame about what would happen if war with iran occurs and the potential of using nukes on iran. this was from a conservative newsmedia (fox news)

so whats your opinions on the whole iran situation, from their nuclear program to the UN's reaction to our plans for attack.
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
Re: Iran
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 11:44:30 AM »

I can't condemn them. Britain has just decided to spend billions on its nuclear arsenal - on the basis that we live in an unsure world. (though I heard one foreign office official say that Britain could never give up its arsenal as long as France still had hers - all about face.)
Iran has a country in its region (Israel) that has nukes and at some point has attacked all of its neighbours while constantly defying UN resoulutions. Israel  has allies (US and UK) that are nuked to the teeth and have invaded two neighbouring countries and established bases in all the others. You can't blame Iran for feeling a little insecure and wanting bargaining chips of equal proportion to its enemies.
don't follow leaders

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 12:30:35 PM »

Quote from: 343
one of the other stories was about congress and all of washington doing a massive wargame about what would happen if war with iran occurs and the potential of using nukes on iran. this was from a conservative newsmedia (fox news)

Any sensible military command would constantly be staging wargames against potential enemies so as not to get caught out. It's standard practise and not in itself particularly menacing or unusual.
don't follow leaders

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 03:27:37 AM »

very true, it could just be media overhyping (EVERYBODY PANIC like thing)

i dont condone their actions either. i condone our actions against them more, but even that is to be expected since you have a hostile country constructing nuclear weapons. its the same with pakistan, who's government is shaky as is and could be over run by any number of extremists who would have access to nuclear weapons.
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 45 queries.