Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Your First DM's Beatles Forums Post  (Read 7231 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Your First DM's Beatles Forums Post
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2019, 04:31:23 AM »

Ha ha. I’ve just read the date on Kelley’s post. I thought you’d just put it up after following the other link. I’m really terrible noticing dates.  ha2ha

That's okay, Moog.  I posted that link to bump this thread up for members who have joined since 2012.
I can stay till it's time to go
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2019, 08:48:09 AM »

Here's mine from the "Where Were You from George's page
December 07, 2007
I was at school and a teacher who knew I was a fan said"did you hear the news on George?" I said "no what news is that?" "he died" I was shocked and stunned I'm not really a huge George fan but was really upset about it. The teacher allowed me to walk out the class and go for a walk around the school. During that day I recived lots of txts saying I'm I alright etc and in the afternoon I wached a tribute programme to him. 2001 was a bad year in June my comedy group The Giggles disbanded, Sept 11th then George.

KelMar

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2019, 10:33:37 PM »

It’s more poignant as, since I joined, two of my older brothers have passed away.

Aww Moog, I’m so sorry to hear that. Unfortunately that’s another thing we have in common. I also lost my two siblings, a sister and a brother. I’m so glad they exposed me to their music and that it stuck. That is a powerful connection that will last until I see them again one day.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2019, 12:31:21 AM »

This was my first post:

The Beatles / Re: The Summer Of 1960
« on: June 17, 2006, 04:05:02 PM »
This sudden development of the Beatles seems to parallel their later sudden development at the time of Revolver and Sgt. Pepper.  I often heard people asking how they came so far in such a short period of time.  So much about the Beatles is absolutely mystifying.  They were a phenomenon which seems to defy the usual analytic purview.

Today, I just think they were very talented and they learned very quickly as a result.  So that's why it seemed like they developed so rapidly and unexpectedly.  They weren't going to continue creating songs like "She loves you" and "I want to hold your hand."
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2019, 04:45:32 PM »

I remember when we were voting on the best and worst song of each album back when I joined in 2007. My first post ever was a response to that, for the album Please Please Me. Here's my original very first post. Nothing too interesting:

Best: I Saw Her Standing There
Worst: Baby It's You

-----

We also had a "Song Survivor Game" back then where we ranked top 3 songs on every album, then those songs would continue on to the next batch of voting, and the next and next, until a final song remained and we labeled that the best Beatles song. Anyone remember what it was? I wanna say Strawberry Fields.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 06:50:33 PM by Beatlemaniac64 »
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2019, 11:24:17 PM »

I remember when we were voting on the best and worst song of each album back when I joined in 2007. My first post ever was a response to that, for the album Please Please Me. Here's my original very first post. Nothing too interesting:

Best: I Saw Her Standing There
Worst: Baby It's You

-----

We also had a "Song Survivor Game" back then where we ranked top 3 songs on every album, then those songs would continue on to the next batch of voting, and the next and next, until a final song remained and we labeled that the best Beatles song. Anyone remember what it was? I wanna say Strawberry Fields.

It's hard to believe that twelve years have passed since your first post.  Paul (BlueMeanie) was the moderator who ran those polls that summer.  They made for quite an enjoyable summer.  Paul was one of the finest moderators we've ever had around here.  Bobber and I tried to lure him back several times years ago to no avail.
I can stay till it's time to go

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2019, 03:06:49 AM »

Aww Moog, I’m so sorry to hear that. Unfortunately that’s another thing we have in common. I also lost my two siblings, a sister and a brother. I’m so glad they exposed me to their music and that it stuck. That is a powerful connection that will last until I see them again one day.

Thanks Kelley. It is sad to lose your closest family. I still have two of my original family left but our numbers are dwindling. It’s good for me that music ran so deeply in our family and there’ll always be those ties to them.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2019, 03:43:15 AM »

Thanks Kelley. It is sad to lose your closest family. I still have two of my original family left but our numbers are dwindling. It’s good for me that music ran so deeply in our family and there’ll always be those ties to them.

Thats very sad Moog, my condolences mate.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2019, 05:22:38 PM »

my first post

Like others, I heard about it from Howard Cosell on MNF.

This youtube clip was before they announced it on air (during a commercial break) trying to decide if they could/should tell their audience (sorry if it has been posted previously).

I was 15 at the time and have an older brother that would play a cassette of the blue album on our way (three brothers) to aunt and uncles house for Christmas Day every year (parents and grandparents in another car).

That was my first repeated listening to the Beatles which led to a lifetime of enjoyment since.

Howard Cosell Audio: Did not want to announce Lennon's death (VERY RARE)
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.56 seconds with 54 queries.