Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Let It Be  (Read 34274 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Let It Be
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2011, 04:53:44 AM »

I bought this one about six years ago:  http://cgi.ebay.com/BEATLES-LET-LIMITED-COLLECTORS-EDITION-DVD-/260771749215?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb7351d5f

Mine has a second disc with additional footage not used in the film.  The quality of that disc is not as good as disc 1.
I can stay till it's time to go

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
Let it be and Magical Mystery Tour on DVD 2013???
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2011, 03:23:01 PM »

This comes from LIB director Michael Lindsey-Hogg. Deluxe editions of both.

http://www.kshe95.com/musicnews/story.aspx?ID=1558052

Hogg answered a caller's question about the film, and recalled he and Paul McCartney discussing the film's eventual reissue: "We bumped into each other on an airplane. It was just before George Harrison died. George was very ill. And George had not had a happy time during the making of Let It Be. For personal reasons. He was about to go out on his own and a lot of other things like that. And we knew it probably would not be re-released in George's lifetime. But, we have been been working on it pretty much every year for the last couple of years. And the plan is, at the moment, to have it come out, I think, in 2013."

Hogg, who also directed the Rolling Stones' 1968 Rock And Roll Circus -- along wit assorted Beatles and McCartney videos -- went on to say, "(Let It Be will come) after they release Magical Mystery Tour as a special DVD release. And it'll be the film itself, the original film -- the color's great, the soundtrack is perfect -- with a (second) DVD which will be a documentary about the making of the documentary (Let It Be)."

He added that numerous outtakes will be added to the upcoming Let It Be DVD: "When we first put Let It Be out, I had to cut out a lot of stuff that I really like and wanted to stay in there. The stuff in the new DVD has a lot of the stuff that had to be cut out. So for me, it's like the egg is now complete."

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
  • The Rock n' Roll Warrior
Re: Let it be and Magical Mystery Tour on DVD 2013???
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2011, 11:46:22 PM »

This comes from LIB director Michael Lindsey-Hogg. Deluxe editions of both.

http://www.kshe95.com/musicnews/story.aspx?ID=1558052

Hogg answered a caller's question about the film, and recalled he and Paul McCartney discussing the film's eventual reissue: "We bumped into each other on an airplane. It was just before George Harrison died. George was very ill. And George had not had a happy time during the making of Let It Be. For personal reasons. He was about to go out on his own and a lot of other things like that. And we knew it probably would not be re-released in George's lifetime. But, we have been been working on it pretty much every year for the last couple of years. And the plan is, at the moment, to have it come out, I think, in 2013."

Hogg, who also directed the Rolling Stones' 1968 Rock And Roll Circus -- along wit assorted Beatles and McCartney videos -- went on to say, "(Let It Be will come) after they release Magical Mystery Tour as a special DVD release. And it'll be the film itself, the original film -- the color's great, the soundtrack is perfect -- with a (second) DVD which will be a documentary about the making of the documentary (Let It Be)."

He added that numerous outtakes will be added to the upcoming Let It Be DVD: "When we first put Let It Be out, I had to cut out a lot of stuff that I really like and wanted to stay in there. The stuff in the new DVD has a lot of the stuff that had to be cut out. So for me, it's like the egg is now complete."

Hi Badgirl66! I hope that it happens, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Take care.

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2011, 08:31:40 PM »

News has it that it is finally coming out on DVD/BlueRay..

I will believe it when I see it.

http://www.masslive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2011/10/the_beatles_let_it_be_and_magi.html
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

nimrod

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2011, 12:33:15 AM »

An anonymous industry source told the Daily Express in July 2008 that, according to Apple insiders, McCartney and Starr blocked the release of the film on DVD. The two were concerned about the effect on the band's "global brand ... if the public sees the darker side of the story.
Neither Paul nor Ringo would feel comfortable publicising a film showing The Beatles getting on each other's nerves ... There’s all sorts of extra footage showing more squabbles but it’s unlikely it will ever see the light of day in Paul and Ringo’s lifetime.”

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2011, 02:29:23 AM »

Hi Beatles fanatics! I've been hearing and reading for years that LET IT BE was going to be released on DVD, so far it hasn't happened. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Take care.

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2011, 02:07:49 PM »

Well as I said in my above post, I am skeptical as well. Although, with Michael Lindsay-Hogg saying it is about to come out does have a little bit of credibility with me.

I am still skeptical.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2011, 03:01:54 AM »

Well as I said in my above post, I am skeptical as well. Although, with Michael Lindsay-Hogg saying it is about to come out does have a little bit of credibility with me.

I am still skeptical.

Hi Gary910! I hear ya! All we can do is keep our fingers crossed and HOPE! Take care.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2011, 03:33:19 AM »

I saw the film when it was released in 1970.  It was filmed in 16 mm so it was not quite up to the usual motion picture standard.  As I mentioned previously, I bought this release on eBay several years ago...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEATLES-LET-Limited-Collectors-Edition-DVD-Bonus-1970-RARE-NEW-/320780739066?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item4ab005a1fa

Why wait for something which might never be released.  For 24 dollars you can't go wrong with this DVD.  I think the quality is about as good as what I saw in the theater plus you get a second disc with raw footage which didn't make it into the film.

Bobber

« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2011, 07:36:57 AM »

I agree with Barry here. Both Let It Be and Magical Mystery Tour are available and if you want to see them, there's several ways to do it. It's a bit the same with waiting for the official release of the Beatles songs on iTunes or whatever site to pay for music.

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2011, 02:39:23 PM »

I have copies of both movies, so it is not about seeing them. I have seen both more times than I can count. I just hope that Apple and the other parties involved are aware that 'Let It Be' is available bootlegged and so they give us a little more. I have a lot of the extra footage that is out there too. It would be cool to see the film clean, clear and crisp. The fact that they are working on it, and have been for a considerable amount of time tells me that they are not just throwing together an old print, and putting it on disc.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2011, 08:38:19 PM »

Gary, the theatrical release of Let It Be involved using the original 16 mm film and converting it to 35 mm which increased its graininess.  That's the way I remember it when I saw it in the movie theater in 1970.  It just wasn't as clear as other motion pictures shot in 35 mm but it was enjoyable nonetheless.  That's how my DVD copy appears on an LCD TV.  Yes, it would be nice if Apple, in post-production, could clean up what they have and give us an HD DVD.  Labs can do that today.

As far as Magical Mystery Tour, I have both the original MPI VHS release from the late 1980s and a more current bootleg DVD.  Both are of similar quality and about the same as what you see on YouTube.  I'm sure that same lab can do something with it as well.

In the interim, these DVDs are inexpensive so if someone wants to see them on their TV, I would recommend that route.  It sure beats watching them on computers.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2011, 03:38:05 AM »

I agree with Barry here. Both Let It Be and Magical Mystery Tour are available and if you want to see them, there's several ways to do it. It's a bit the same with waiting for the official release of the Beatles songs on iTunes or whatever site to pay for music.

"It is better to light the candle than to curse the darkness."

Eleanor Roosevelt

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2011, 08:56:05 PM »

I saw the film when it was released in 1970.  It was filmed in 16 mm so it was not quite up to the usual motion picture standard.  As I mentioned previously, I bought this release on eBay several years ago...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEATLES-LET-Limited-Collectors-Edition-DVD-Bonus-1970-RARE-NEW-/320780739066?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item4ab005a1fa

Why wait for something which might never be released.  For 24 dollars you can't go wrong with this DVD.  I think the quality is about as good as what I saw in the theater plus you get a second disc with raw footage which didn't make it into the film.

Hi Barry! How are you? I own the original VHS tape of LET IT BE by Magnetic Video, the picture and sound quality was not the greatest back then (1981) but I'm happy with it. I bought and own the bootleg LET IT BE on DVD and its pretty good. Don't ask me how I did it but I dubbed off my original 1981 VHS release and transferred it onto DVD, thats the best picture and sound quality I own. Take care.     

KelMar

« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2011, 04:28:09 AM »

"It is better to light the candle than to curse the darkness."

Eleanor Roosevelt

She also said, “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” That has nothing to do with this topic but I really like it.  ;)

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2011, 06:29:14 PM »

She also said, “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” That has nothing to do with this topic but I really like it.  ;)

C-O-O-l!!!

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2011, 11:23:12 PM »

I agree you can get them very easily and cheaply. When feasible, I still prefer genuine product.

I manage to get anything I want, well mostly. I still like genuine product.

Jema

• Getting Better
  • "The Beatles will exist without us." - George
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2011, 11:57:49 PM »

I really am hoping and wishing that Let It Be will be released for DVD in 2013!I've only been a Beatles fan for a couple of years now and I can't imagine how much people who have been Beatles fans for a long time must be excited about being able to watch Let It Be in better quality and audio.I really hope it's not going to get postponed to a later date,2013 even seems like a long ways away and that's not really that long from now.We shouldn't even have had to wait this long but the good thing is there's hope for 2013.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2011, 05:31:25 PM »

I really am hoping and wishing that Let It Be will be released for DVD in 2013!I've only been a Beatles fan for a couple of years now and I can't imagine how much people who have been Beatles fans for a long time must be excited about being able to watch Let It Be in better quality and audio.I really hope it's not going to get postponed to a later date,2013 even seems like a long ways away and that's not really that long from now.We shouldn't even have had to wait this long but the good thing is there's hope for 2013.
it is a sad film...more like a eulogy than what paul planned...

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2012, 02:54:34 AM »

it is a sad film...more like a eulogy than what paul planned...

Yes.  Some parts were very sad.  The film is of historical significance now and should be watched with that in mind.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.784 seconds with 74 queries.