Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Let It Be  (Read 34274 times)

Jema

• Getting Better
  • "The Beatles will exist without us." - George
Re: Let It Be
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2012, 03:11:57 PM »

Yes.  Some parts were very sad.  The film is of historical significance now and should be watched with that in mind.
Are the parts sad because of looking back upon them now or because the scene was actually sad in the moment?I understand that it probably is sad because it was really close to the time that they split up.I was just wondering if anything sad happens in the movie.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2012, 04:00:27 PM »

Both really, Jema.  The movie came out a few months after they split up so chronologically certain scenes were sad.  Today those same scenes are sad retrospectively.  We know more about The Beatles today than we knew then so it's a different sort of sadness.
I can stay till it's time to go

nimrod

« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2012, 11:41:45 PM »

Ive just watched Let It Be for the first time in about 10 years, Ive got it on DVD and I have to say I dont find it depressing at all !

In fact a lot of the banter (especially between J & P) makes me laugh, the only negative bit seems to be the Paul/George altercation but hey that happens all the time in bands when creative guys are working together , they were just being a bit b****y is all :)

My overall impression here is that the film is great, the rooftop is just brilliant, George is sulking a fair bit, but the others seem to be getting on really well, especially messing about and having a laugh, I love the bit when Paul sings Long & Winding Rd (cha cha version) with encouragement from John and then eventually paul say 'stop it' (while laughing) meaning like this is getting too silly.

Overall its a great glimpse of what it was like to be in the studio with the fabs while they worked on new songs, watching this I can imagine how they came up with 'You Know My Name' & 'Mary Jane'

Brilliant doco/film - depressing ? hell no.

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2012, 04:14:02 PM »

The saddest scene to me is where Paul is talking to John about where he would like to see the band go, and John acts like he is listening, but you can see he clearly is not. John has an attitude, where mentally he has clearly left the Band and is with Yoko.

Well, then there is the scene where George resents the direction from Paul, and says, "I'll play anything you want". Awkward moment...
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

nimrod

« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2012, 11:16:47 PM »

The saddest scene to me is where Paul is talking to John about where he would like to see the band go, and John acts like he is listening, but you can see he clearly is not. John has an attitude, where mentally he has clearly left the Band and is with Yoko.

If you listen to that more Gary its Paul talking about George, and complaining to John that George has said 'no films' 'no shows' so how can we get over our nerves if we dont play shows, for me John is being diplomatic and not taking sides, and after Pauls complaints the camera shot changes so we dont really know what Johns response was, also if John had mentally left the band he would not have spent days and days in the studio, look at the way they play and sing on the roof, it sure doesnt look to me like he has left the band at all.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 08:02:35 PM by nimrod »

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2012, 04:15:58 PM »

If you listen to that its more Gary its Paul talking about George, and complaining to John that George has said 'no films' 'no shows' so how can we get over our nerves if we dont play shows

Yeah, you are correct. It has been a little while since I have seen it, so I couldn't remember everything that is being said.

I still like John had left the band by this time. I think John was afraid to actually leave. If I remember correctly in an interview John stated that he was afraid to leave. Obviously, later in the year, as they were recording 'Abbey Road' John gave at least a good commitment back to the band. It is like a marriage. A marriage breaks up years before the physical split, at least in most cases. There is an emotional split that takes place first, then the physical split. During that emotional split, there is a coming together at times.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

nimrod

« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2012, 08:04:07 PM »

A marriage breaks up years before the physical split, at least in most cases. There is an emotional split that takes place first, then the physical split. During that emotional split, there is a coming together at times.

you sound like quite an expert Gary    ha2ha   

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2012, 04:02:47 AM »

you sound like quite an expert Gary    ha2ha   

My wife doesn't think that is funny.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.257 seconds with 49 queries.