Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 640301 times)

nimrod

Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #9320 on: September 14, 2014, 11:06:23 PM »

Stupid car smells like gas in the interior, but no visible exterior leaks. Just Googled that. Will have to take the stupid thing in again. (Yes, the car, an inanimate object, is stupid. I stand by my irrational claim!   ;)  )

Hey Kathy I had this problem with a brand new car, whenever it had been stood overnight it smelled of petrol next morning

they never fixed it either

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #9321 on: September 15, 2014, 03:53:01 AM »

Bad fuel tank breather pipes most likely.

You're looking like your old self there, Kev.   ;)
I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9322 on: September 15, 2014, 08:05:32 PM »

It's a valid claim, Kathy. I have a van that's not too bright. It cost me almost $400 a couple of weeks ago when I got it inspected because it needed new ball joints, whatever they are. The brakes are next as they barely passed. I don't even really like behemoth, but it's all I've got...for now.

I'm in the same boat, Kelley. I paid about $500 earlier this summer and postponed some less essential work, which I'll now probably have to get done. Ugh. My appointment is at 7:00 am tomorrow; good thing they have a nice waiting area and offer coffee! (Which reminds me: I saw a mug in a catalog the other day that read "I'm up. If you want bright-eyed and bushy tailed, go chase a freakin' squirrel." LOL)

Bad fuel tank breather pipes most likely.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking after an online search. I notice the fumes only start once the air or a/c is used. Just hope it's not too expensive. 

KelMar

« Reply #9323 on: September 15, 2014, 09:37:21 PM »

My appointment is at 7:00 am tomorrow; good thing they have a nice waiting area and offer coffee! (Which reminds me: I saw a mug in a catalog the other day that read "I'm up. If you want bright-eyed and bushy tailed, go chase a freakin' squirrel." LOL)

That mug sounds perfect! And I'm glad you have a good place to wait. I can't remember if I said this before but when I took the van in it was a nightmare. We had to get a new mechanic and I knew I'd seen the place before but I have a hard time with directions and locations. I drove by where I thought it was but Google maps came right up with the location. Or rather a location. They must not have this local place in their database and figured Monroe Muffler was close enough. Arghhh! And when I finally found the place the waiting room was hot and not real comfortable. But the people were nice. Hope it all goes well tomorrow morning. At least you get to have it over with early.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9324 on: September 16, 2014, 12:54:13 PM »

I drove by where I thought it was but Google maps came right up with the location. Or rather a location. They must not have this local place in their database and figured Monroe Muffler was close enough. Arghhh!

I have had the worst luck with Google maps! I got totally screwed up directions on the way to our hotel in Minneapolis last June; it was so frustrating. I was complaining to the kids, "I wish I had an in-car GPS unit." Then, on the way to the pier to board the cruise ship a few days later in Florida, my father's sophisticated in-car navigation system kept repeating "You have arrived at your destination" when we were actually at a gas station, LOL.

Hope it all goes well tomorrow morning.

Thanks, Kelley! It was so embarrassing; turns out that after I'd put in a quart of oil a few days ago I left the cap off, so the oil splattered out over the whole engine. UGH. I was cringing when they told me. I had been tempted to lift the hood before I brought the car in, but I don't really know what I'm looking at, so I didn't bother. This is probably the one time looking under the hood would have helped. They were gracious and didn't even charge me for cleaning it up, but I have a feeling there was probably some snickering going on behind the scenes.   :-\

I hate making stupid mistakes like that.

KelMar

« Reply #9325 on: September 16, 2014, 05:43:47 PM »

Don't feel bad Kathy; it's great that you keep up with the oil. You're not the first one to ever make an auto related error. I could tell you some incredible Tales from the Garage that have happened here! They actually cost money.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #9326 on: September 16, 2014, 07:14:22 PM »

Girls don't know nuthin' about cars.
I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9327 on: September 16, 2014, 08:45:44 PM »

Don't feel bad Kathy; it's great that you keep up with the oil.

Thanks, Kelley! I wish I were one of those people who could think on my feet more quickly; I would have blamed my older daughter.  ha2ha

Girls don't know nuthin' about cars.

Yeah, well, men don't know nuthin' about women.   ;)

KelMar

« Reply #9328 on: September 16, 2014, 10:27:11 PM »

Yeah, well, men don't know nuthin' about women.   ;)

Nor can they find what they're looking for in the refrigerator.

nimrod

« Reply #9329 on: September 18, 2014, 11:24:37 PM »

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9330 on: September 19, 2014, 02:44:58 AM »

« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 02:47:59 AM by Dcazz »
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #9331 on: September 19, 2014, 08:17:59 AM »

I was staring out of the window from the top deck of a London bus the other day (Route 55: Leyton to Oxford Circus, it takes hours) and it finally dawned on me what a mass of people look like when all walking along gazing at mobile phones.....a scene from the 50s film 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers'.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #9332 on: September 19, 2014, 12:13:20 PM »

I was staring out of the window from the top deck of a London bus the other day (Route 55: Leyton to Oxford Circus, it takes hours) and it finally dawned on me what a mass of people look like when all walking along gazing at mobile phones.....a scene from the 50s film 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers'.

In the U.S., AT&T launched a no texting and driving campaign.  Hell, texting and walking can be dangerous if someone steps off a curb into the street!

What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #9333 on: September 19, 2014, 01:55:18 PM »

I'm sure we've got something similar in the UK but it's one of those crimes that rarely gets prosecuted.
Round my area, even during the school run, I'd estimate that 1 in 5 drivers (a conservative estimate) are utilising a hand held phone for one purpose or another.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9334 on: September 19, 2014, 10:14:19 PM »

^^^

It doesn't seem to get prosecuted much in my area, either. I probably see more people on their phones while driving than not. And it's mostly adults, not teenagers.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9335 on: October 30, 2014, 12:37:33 AM »

<<message deleted>>
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 04:15:39 AM by Normandie »

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #9336 on: November 02, 2014, 08:46:13 PM »

Manchester City 1, Manchester United 0.

Electing to laugh 'toward' rather than 'at' Man. U. on this one which, I think you'll agree, makes me a better person.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #9337 on: November 02, 2014, 09:59:11 PM »

Manchester City 1, Manchester United 0.

Electing to laugh 'toward' rather than 'at' Man. U. on this one which, I think you'll agree, makes me a better person.

I think "toward" and "at" are the same in this context.

I think no less of you if you laugh at United. 
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #9338 on: November 30, 2014, 10:09:41 AM »

The first of December! And we are increasing the limit for drink driving. Good, I'd say.

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #9339 on: November 30, 2014, 10:52:51 AM »

The more the merrier.

:P

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 527

Page created in 0.722 seconds with 82 queries.