Beatles forums > Songs

Singles - Ticket To Ride.

(1/11) > >>

Kevin:
A magnificent, strident, modern single. The first song that has some ambiguity in it's meaning (something that would become their trademark.)
And to me this sounds like the first personal single, not a hit they've knocked out for a hits sake. It goes place previous Beatle singles didn't.
Another great leap forward for the band.

I_Will:
I love this song, a lot. I especially love the beat during the verses and the way the tempo changes in the middle eight. (and the guitar riff in the middle eight).

Bobber:
I never really got the hook of Ticket To Ride. I can understand that it is a great song and the leap forward and all that, but I never added the song to my favourites. It seems out of place in the time with Help and We Can Work It Out coming even after Ticket To Ride. It looks as if the song is a step forward and then a few steps back are taken. The song should fit better between We Can Work It Out/Day Tripper and Paperback Writer to my logical ears.

Kevin:

--- Quote from: Bobber on January 11, 2010, 02:20:58 PM ---IIt seems out of place in the time with Help and We Can Work It Out coming even after Ticket To Ride. It looks as if the song is a step forward and then a few steps back are taken. The song should fit better between We Can Work It Out/Day Tripper and Paperback Writer to my logical ears.

--- End quote ---
Agree with that. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'm just glad Lennon went for a big electric number rather than some sub-Dylan accoustic the-world-hates-me moan (that's still to come  :)  )

Mairi:
I really do like the electric guitars in this song. I think it's a very distinctive and memorable song, and the ambiguity of the lyrics is also good. But there's one thing that's always bothered me about it: it's just a touch too slow. I feel like it needs to be just a half-step faster. I don't know why. Otherwise, it's a great song and I think the beginning of a new era for the Beatles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version