Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Bee Gees were the most?  (Read 12983 times)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
Re: Bee Gees were the most?
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 10:50:18 AM »

^ Loved that show. Aah - TV nostalgia. My Three Sons was big for me (my dad was a solo parent.) Hogans Heroes, Get Smart, The Invaders, The Avengers..fantastic.
don't follow leaders
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2006, 07:37:56 PM »

Oh my god!!!! I used to absolutely LOVE the Banana Splits!!!! ;D

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2006, 05:29:21 AM »

Quote from: pc31

i remember that show...with blurp and slurp...and prince,big mamas pet lobster...
now sigmund and johnny and scott are friends

the kroft super shows...

That's right! Sid and Marty Kroft. They had some weird shows. H.R. Pufnstuf, Land of the Lost, The Bugaloos... I think those guys must have been high.

Anyone remember Underdog?
Not bird, not plane, not even frog, it's just little old me...Underdog!  

They're actually making an Underdog movie. I'm sure it will suck. It's like everything from the 70's is getting remade into some horrible movie. It's enough already.

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2006, 11:56:41 AM »

Any idea who wrote the songs in the Banana Splits? From what I recall they were very Monkee-esque (ala Mary Mary).

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2006, 11:59:50 AM »

Sod it - the Splits need a thread of their own!!!!

http://dmbeatles.com/cgi-bin/Blah/Blah.pl?m-1151582374/

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2006, 10:30:48 PM »

I believe this show was out the same time as "H.R. Puffinstuff" with "Witchy Poo" etc?

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2006, 05:06:00 AM »

The Bee Gees were and still are a guilty pleasure! Back in the day when everybody was screaming disco sucks and you know who you were, I was doing the same, but secretly listening to Staying alive, Night fever, Nights on Broadway and You should be dancing, in the car and in my room. Hell, I think To love somebody or maybe Words were some of the first 45's I owned. Closet listener or not, they still made some great music. 8)

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2006, 01:37:05 PM »

Quote from: RICKENBACKER325
The Bee Gees were and still are a guilty pleasure! Back in the day when everybody was screaming disco sucks and you know who you were, I was doing the same, but secretly listening to Staying alive, Night fever, Nights on Broadway and You should be dancing, in the car and in my room. Hell, I think To love somebody or maybe Words were some of the first 45's I owned. Closet listener or not, they still made some great music. 8)

Whoa tiger. Wasn't it you with the Anne Murray singles as well? Just how big is your closet? :)
don't follow leaders

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2006, 02:52:54 PM »

Quote from: kevin_b

Whoa tiger. Wasn't it you with the Anne Murray singles as well? Just how big is your closet? :)

:D I only had the one Anne Murray single. I had the Bee Gees stuff A few years before. I started collecting around "72" With my dad handing me down classic rock and roll 45's......Elvis,Beatles,Eddie,Fats and so on. So by the time I started buying my own my closet was loaded up pretty good..... :D

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2008, 04:59:30 PM »

AICJNVDh0qQ

when they were young......

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2008, 01:00:07 AM »

Yes, that was their first appearence in TV, in 1960. That year, Barry was 13 years old, and the twins Robin and Maurice only 10 y.o.

I'm a big Bee Gees fan, I own over 20 of their albums, and there are all absolutely wonderful pieces.
More than the Beatles, the Beach Boys or any other group, the Bee Gees had the most perfect harmonizing I've ever heard.
Of course the most they sold was in the late 70's, but to me that was their worst period. Too much commercial, and I'm a fan of their ballad style. My favourite album of them is "Still Waters" (1997).

I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

Tpangner

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2008, 04:09:38 PM »

I have some early 60's recording from them (Ticket to ride & You wont see me from the Beatles, amongst other) and I must say that they sounded a lot like the Beatles back then but their style changed over the years.

I think they always will be underrated in the music history because of their disco phase....It's sad because all that the people remember from them is Saturday Night Fever. They have recorded better songs (in my opinion) before & after STF. Words, New York Mining disaster, Holiday, I started a joke, ect.....

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2008, 03:25:36 AM »

you forgot that pretty pretty one...massachusetts and that other vital message song...i just gotta get a message to you...my wedding song was to love somebody...out of all the songs i love from rock to metal to classic to punk to dengenerate to big band to country to jazz and so on...this was the song that embodied my feeling towards my significant other...sonia...they rang then and still as we have been married 12 wondersome years...

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2008, 08:51:03 AM »

I have the " Still Waters " album wingsman is a great album not a bad track on it  :) I like there Disco period i remember the clubs and pubs were full of that sound  :)

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2008, 12:38:55 AM »

Quote from: 971
I have the " Still Waters " album wingsman is a great album not a bad track on it  :) I like there Disco period i remember the clubs and pubs were full of that sound  :)

Great. Their last album, "This Is Where I Came In", from 2001, is also really good. It does not contain so many "saccharine ballads" but a good modern rock sound. Highly recommended!
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2008, 08:03:12 PM »

Never really liked the Bee Gees that much... They had a few good songs (especially Spicks & Specks), but the high voices are annoying...

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2008, 01:08:56 PM »

Quote from: 56
Never really liked the Bee Gees that much... They had a few good songs (especially Spicks & Specks), but the high voices are annoying...

If you are talking about their falsettos, well yes, maybe... But, even more than the Beatles or the Beach Boys, they had the greatest quality in vocal harmonies.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2008, 07:59:45 PM »

Quote from: 713
But, even more than the Beatles or the Beach Boys, they had the greatest quality in vocal harmonies.

Nobody had better vocal harmonies than the Beach Boys...

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2009, 09:25:29 PM »

So I followed pc31`s advice (my teacher) and aquired a CD by Bee Gees, greatest hits. I was enchanted by their songs and am now in love with them. I`ve just seen that Penny Lane has been litening to them too. Do you, guys, like them? Were they (nearly?) as great as the Beatles in the 60s? Did the British appreciate their music in the 60s?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.26 seconds with 85 queries.