Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Sgt. Pepper : 3 Favorite Tracks  (Read 59305 times)

Re: Sgt. Pepper : 3 Favorite Tracks
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2004, 05:13:26 AM »

[quote by=Frightwolf link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1081418559,s=78 date=1091940733]

An artist's interpretation of the song... it's an artist's right to interpret their song in their own way, isn't it? Adding musical effects is a way to provide their songs with character.

« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2004, 05:17:51 AM »

[quote by=Frightwolf link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1081418559,s=79 date=1091940813]

I don't see what's so tedious about using up a second of my life spelling out IMO.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2004, 05:32:04 AM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1081418559,s=80 date=1091942006]

Let's see ... I see the song as different from its interpretation (the writer's or anyone's). So do you from your statement "it's an artist's right to interpret their song in their own way".

So you don't believe a song is EVERYTHING that comprises it at all! My argument makes sense all right: you can't see it, is all![/quote]

...I'd like to speak on behalf of all the people who possibly read this -- wtf are you talking about? Do you, like, make stuff up on the go or churn it out into a toilet?

I don't see how this equation...

"An artist has the right to interpret their song in their own way = Songs are lyrics + tunes"

...makes any sense at all.  Maybe you can enlighten all the people you have just alienated/confused.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2004, 05:34:46 AM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1081418559,s=81 date=1091942271]
Are you trying to be foolish? One doesn't type IMO every time, because most people already KNOW it's opinion!! And if you look carefully, most people don't bother with imo very much (you yourself don't).

The second part is very interesting coming from someone who was threatened with expulsion from this board because of his attitude!! Some of us have noticed the good-boy act, and find it ... unconvincing and immature![/quote]

You have just proved my point -- you, once again, have avoided the arrogance remark. 

And if cussing = arrogance, than Kerry is a Republican, Michael Jordan is a woman, Earth is actually a bowl of cereal, the things that fly in the air during the day are penguins, and toys come to life like in Toy Story. 

Nobody else has been "fooled" or "unconvinced."  I think everyone is smart enough to see a PREVIOUS statement I made on this thread which stated that YOU know how to get under people's skin.  Right now I'm perfectly fine.  Your logic is that I cuss 24/7.  Your logic is flawed.  VERY flawed.

« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2004, 05:35:52 AM »

All the signs are there that you are losing your temper.

Look Frighty Bob, some concepts are tough, I know. I won't try anymore, as you are getting frustrated and descending to mere abuse.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2004, 05:37:15 AM »

Since you keep digging your own grave, Maria, I'll just enlighten everyone so no one forgets:

You have yet to respond to my arrogance remark or my reply to your opinion on all the Beatles song.

You keep running away and trying to turn this into a conversation about me cussing, and you're failing miserably.  People are seeing through your bull and seeing how you have way too much bite and are very insulting (Janice, Indica, and even Rowdy in that Lennon thread have all seen it).  You can't fool anyone -- respond to the points and maybe I'll stop being aggressive.  Until then, you're doing a horrible job debating and a p*ss-poor job convincing anyone of anything on this thread.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2004, 05:39:23 AM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1081418559,s=84 date=1091943352]All the signs are there that you are losing your temper.

Look Frighty Bob, some concepts are tough, I know. I won't try anymore, as you are getting frustrated and descending to mere abuse.[/quote]

It is time to remind everyone again:

You have yet to respond to anything about ANYTHING.  You have avoided remarks about you being insulting and degrading, and you haven't done a good job convincing anyone that Paul's songs are filler.  If anything, you've only showed people that you are extremely biased toward John.

You are trying to avoid everyone's points against you, and you, once again, are failing.  Respond to my points and maybe I'll be less aggressive -- you know too little about me to say that I'm losing my temper.  The cussing is still at a bare minimal, and I think you're making everyone here a bit tense.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2004, 05:40:25 AM »

This is so no one forgets what this debate is about.  This is one of my previous replies:

"...I'd like to speak on behalf of all the people who possibly read this -- wtf are you talking about? Do you, like, make stuff up on the go or churn it out into a toilet?

I don't see how this equation...

"An artist has the right to interpret their song in their own way = Songs are lyrics + tunes"

...makes any sense at all.  Maybe you can enlighten all the people you have just alienated/confused."

Now try responding to that and see how you do.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2004, 05:41:39 AM »

I also find it VERY ironic that Maria talks about abuse when she's telling EVERYONE that is disagreeing with her that they do not know what Beatles music is about, and that she'll use less complex sentences with me.

Someone here named Maria is a hypocrite  ::)

« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2004, 05:44:26 AM »

Frighty, never buy a gun!

« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2004, 05:45:29 AM »

Oh, by the way, there's a pm for you. It might give you food for thought!

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2004, 05:47:19 AM »

I'm going to repeat myself:

You have yet to respond to remarks about you being degrading and insulting, and you have yet to convince anyone that you're just a very biased Lennon fan

Everyone remember this -- Maria has avoided just about every good point every good poster here and me has made.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2004, 05:48:02 AM »

I'll also publically display her PM:

"Hey Frighty:

How many aliases do you have around here?"

So now all the people disagreeing with her are me.

Now THAT'S what I call food for thought, and it's for everyone that's disagreeing with Maria (which is the whole board)  ;)

« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2004, 05:50:10 AM »

That's a little bit naughty, isn't it? Revealing a PRIVATE message!

No integrity, Frighty Bob!

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2004, 05:51:42 AM »

I'm going to repeat myself:

You have yet to respond to remarks about you being degrading and insulting, and you have yet to convince anyone that you're just a very biased Lennon fan or someone who doesn't really like Paul.

Everyone remember this -- Maria has avoided just about every good point every good poster here and me has made.  She has twisted my words around and probably others.  And, as of tonight, has yet to make sense in anything she says.

I'll also publically display her PM that she gave to me:

"Hey Frighty:

How many aliases do you have around here?"

So now all the people disagreeing with her are me.

Now THAT'S what I call food for thought, and it's for everyone that's disagreeing with Maria (which is the whole board)

« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2004, 05:56:34 AM »

[quote by=Frightwolf link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1081418559,s=94 date=1091944302]
Everyone remember this -- Maria has avoided just about every good point every good poster here and me has made.[/quote]

I love the distinction you make between "every good poster here" and yourself. **Chuckle**.

BTW, when I asked about aliases, I didn't mean you were everybody that was disagreeing with me. It's just that you have used one alias here in the past, haven't you? I saw this when you made a little slip when you were ranting in a bad temper!

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2004, 05:59:23 AM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1081418559,s=95 date=1091944594]

I love the distinction you make between "every good poster here" and yourself. **Chuckle**.[/quote]

I guess I'll quote you and change around a name:

"Look Maria, some concepts are tough, I know. I won't try anymore, as you are getting frustrated and descending to mere abuse."

There ya go :).  Food for thought.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2004, 06:00:40 AM »

BTW, LetItBe was my alias, and that was at the old board before it was moved to this site.  It wasn't even a slip, but I'm sure you'd love to twist my words around.

I can also see that you're trying to get me to rant again but, unfortunately, it's just not gonna work.  Once I saw how arrogant you were to everyone else on the board, I've pretty much seen what you're all about.  Try actually responding to our points for once.

« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2004, 06:02:09 AM »

I thought you were going to repeat yourself! That stopped when I pointed out your error.

And now instead you quote me, and change around a name! You flatterer you!

You had better reply wittily (as if!), as I have to go soon.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2004, 06:04:06 AM »

Maria has yet to prove what "error" I made.  And this isn't about posting wittily -- it's about making a point.  And it seems like Janice and Indica are on my side on this one.  Joe has my side on the filler issue.  Who has yours? You're resorted to gibes again.  Has Maria run out of material and now has to convert to being immaturish? Tsk tsk.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 67 queries.