Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: paul is an a**hole  (Read 11361 times)

Yeshelloitsmehereagain

• Getting Better
Re: paul is an a**hole
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 12:16:05 AM »

Paul is such an a**hole in so many ways, especially in terms of being pompous and full of himself. Then again, he was an amazing father, and I do like to remind myself of that whenever I get annoyed/p*ssed off at something he's done.

It's almost like you know him.

Maybe we should ask young Michael, hey Mairi?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 02:23:55 AM by Yeshelloitsmehereagain »

Yeshelloitsmehereagain

• Getting Better
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 12:20:34 AM »

Without him, there would have been practically nothing from the Beatles after 1967.
Great music, great songs, that's all that matters really.
p.s. Maybe he releases albums at the same time as Ringo, to help Ringo. A Beatles fan will buy it a McCartney album & if there's a Ringo one there, why not, pick it up too.

I really shouldn't read and reply to these. Are you taking the rise topperking99?

nimrod

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 03:45:50 AM »

Without him, there would have been practically nothing from the Beatles after 1967.

cough cough....

topperking99

• One And One Is Two
  • The Toppermost of the Poppermost
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2012, 02:37:10 PM »

I think Paul is a workaholic.  He also is a bit of a control freak.  He still, now, goes to work at 6 a.m.  He is like a drill sergeant who has a list of things to do, and does them at his pace, then just moves on without regard to the pace of others.  It's been his pattern throughout his career.  Who else would get to a recording session an hour early and record an entire demo, by himself playing multiple instruments, that later turns into a hit record (and actually made their career) for Badfinger?  The other Beatles wanted to relax - he didn't.  Perhaps you all just misjudge him a bit, he isn't malicious, he is just driven, and has the perception that the others are not at his speed and are just holding him back from his own destiny.  His output dwarfs that of the other Beatles put together.

I like your explanation - Workaholic - He had all these ideas and the others just couldn't keep up.
Honestly, John was lazy and George couldn't be bothered.

There's an interesting interview of his on a 1979 documentary, when he goes off on how, despite unemployment, anyone can succeed just like he does if they would only work hard enough.  Quite an attitude, I think.  He finished with Wings - and ended it with a press release.  The end of the Beatles sounds awfully similar.

Just something to consider.
We All Live In a Yellow Submarine

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 06:26:14 AM »

It's almost like you know him.

Maybe we should ask young Michael, hey Mairi?

Wha?
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Yeshelloitsmehereagain

• Getting Better
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2012, 11:58:40 PM »

You eard. Stop ignoring me on Facebook. Everyone does tha.

topperking99

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2012, 08:18:31 PM »

I really shouldn't read and reply to these. Are you taking the rise topperking99?

No, not really Yeshelloitsmeagain. After Brian died, the Beatles would have drifted ... they were discovering meditation, John was on LSD practically all hours of the day ... although Magical Mystery Tour is not the high point of the Beatles' career, it was Paul's idea to pull together and do something.
As for my Ringo comment, well I guess I just want to give Paul the benefit of the doubt. I mean if he really feels he has to step on his former band-mates when they release an album, then he really has low self esteem. It's as if he has to continually prove that he's better. he must know he's good enough ... he has nothing more to prove.

Yeshelloitsmehereagain

• Getting Better
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 04:03:09 PM »

Well when did they go to Bangor? Wasn't that when Brian died? When did they go to Rishikesh? A few months later? Who were the main protagonists of them going to India? George and John? Who wrote the most songs whilst there? Who wrote the best songs whilst there? Drifted apart? They seemed pretty damn close to me dear... After that? Well I'm not that fussed about either Abbey Road or Let it Be, some nice songs on them, it was over by then anyway.

I really shouldn't be drawn on it, my fault, sorry. Paul does appear to be a workaholic. But you are wrong in saying that there would've been practically nothing after '67. That is utter bollocks.

nimrod

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2012, 10:57:50 PM »

No, not really Yeshelloitsmeagain. After Brian died, the Beatles would have drifted ... they were discovering meditation, John was on LSD practically all hours of the day ...

were you there or is this from someones book ?

Im not being nasty but it always makes me laugh when people make these statements like they 100% know because they were there at the time, if its from a book then say something like 'according to Fred Seaman......etc'

Books are not factual, they are someones version of events, published mainly (like newspapers) to make money

topperking99

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2012, 12:23:25 AM »

were you there or is this from someones book ?

Im not being nasty but it always makes me laugh when people make these statements like they 100% know because they were there at the time, if its from a book then say something like 'according to Fred Seaman......etc'

Books are not factual, they are someones version of events, published mainly (like newspapers) to make money

I didn't think you were being nasty nimrod ... I've actually read quotes like that in a few books - namely Revolution in the Head, by Ian McDonald. And yes, they are only my opinions or versions of what someone else has said or written.
It's like the comments on most forums, they are mostly opinions or quotes or conjecture or personal preference (as to songs or albums etc.) -
I'm sorry of I offended some by my comments - I will try though to be more thorough in my references.
Just a point, this is my first time on a forum where I my comments are much more than agreements or disagreements - I am still learning the protocols and etiquette of forums. Thanks

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 09:44:38 AM »

I didn't think you were being nasty nimrod ... I've actually read quotes like that in a few books - namely Revolution in the Head, by Ian McDonald. And yes, they are only my opinions or versions of what someone else has said or written.
It's like the comments on most forums, they are mostly opinions or quotes or conjecture or personal preference (as to songs or albums etc.) -
I'm sorry of I offended some by my comments - I will try though to be more thorough in my references.
Just a point, this is my first time on a forum where I my comments are much more than agreements or disagreements - I am still learning the protocols and etiquette of forums. Thanks

hey,hey,i'm sure you've not offended anybody,topperking.these forums are here for all to enjoy and they are about opinion.we are all fans of the beatles,that's why we're here.do not be offended by anybody coming back to you saying they don't agree with something you've said,in my experience on these forums i have learned so much about my favourite band,and also had some debates;that's what it's all about.it's nice to have you on board,no need for apologies or any of that nonsense. ;)
......."but tonight,i just wanna stay in,and be with you"..............

nimrod

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2012, 10:52:07 AM »

hey,hey,i'm sure you've not offended anybody,topperking.these forums are here for all to enjoy and they are about opinion.we are all fans of the beatles,that's why we're here.do not be offended by anybody coming back to you saying they don't agree with something you've said,in my experience on these forums i have learned so much about my favourite band,and also had some debates;that's what it's all about.it's nice to have you on board,no need for apologies or any of that nonsense. ;)

hear hear well said glass onion :)

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2012, 12:02:39 PM »

I bet Paul's not happy to find himself suddenly overtaken as the world's richest rock star today. Bono is now the richest because his wealth has shot up on account of his shares in Facebook.
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2012, 10:39:25 PM »

denny laine was not paid when paul was jailed in japan...he recieved union scale wages as do all wings band members...and there there was lagos b4 that...and mull of kintyre...oy dont make me spill the beans on him...

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2012, 12:29:14 AM »

Kind of like Cheap Trick and John huh?

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2012, 02:02:52 AM »

Kind of like Cheap Trick and John huh?
that was yokos fault and tony levin...he should have copied them....
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.719 seconds with 71 queries.