Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Brian Epstein RIP 8/27/67  (Read 2611 times)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
Brian Epstein RIP 8/27/67
« on: August 28, 2021, 03:01:14 PM »

I just noted that Brian Epstein died 54 years ago on August 27th, 1967.  Can you believe the number of years ago that was?  It's hard to fathom.

Anyway, I thought he deserved a thread in honor of his memory.

I also want to say:  "Thank you, Mr. Epstein, for discovering the Beatles and doing everything you could to promote them.  It is possible that without your interventions, we'd not be talking about them today.  It's impossible to say for sure but I want to acknowledge the very important role you played in their lives and toward their ultimate success.  Thank you so much!"
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: Brian Epstein RIP 8/27/67
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 03:09:48 PM »

Loco Mo, you beat me by less than 10 minutes. I just logged on to post about the anniversary of Brian's passing.

I echo the sentiments you expressed.

I am very much looking forward to Midas Man, which, from what I have read online, is indeed moving along in production.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 03:17:22 PM »

I apologize, Normandie.  Had I known, I'd have accorded you first place position in honoring Brian's memory.

The fact is I discovered the fact just minutes before I posted it.  So it was random chance that dictated who posted first.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2021, 03:40:16 PM »

I apologize, Normandie. 

Oh, no need to apologize, Loco.  :)  I too found out about the anniversary of Brian's death only this morning when I checked my Instagram account. (I'm still doing my daily checks for photos of my son).

I'm just happy to see Brian recognized and commemorated. I feel a sort of empathic kinship with him; I'm not completely sure why, given that he and I are different genders, nationalities, religion, and sexual orientation. For some reason he touches my heart in a way that none of the individual Beatles do.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 07:59:44 PM by Normandie »

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2021, 11:20:27 AM »

I hope he does get a good movie and his due as the perfect manager for the Beatles. When you read about the sharks or incompetents that were the mainstay of the music management business back then you realise how lucky the Beatles were to get someone like him. Even if he made some missteps here and there. 

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2021, 04:54:50 PM »

I just found a couple of updates about Midas Man:

https://deadline.com/2021/11/beatles-movie-midas-man-shuts-down-jonas-akerlund-director-1234866220/#comments

This article segues at the end into a list of what (the author thinks is) the best song from each album is (I myself am not a big fan of these lists):

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/brian-epstein-midas-man-production/

I must say, I'm getting a bit impatient to see this film. I've never heard of Jonas Akerlund and thus have no idea what to expect. Good thing I'll have the 6 hours of Get Back to satiate my Beatles appetite soon.  :)

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2021, 12:00:56 AM »

Jonas Akerlund has not made many movies (3 or 4) but the ONLY one Ive seen is Polar.
Polar stars one of my favourite actors Mads Mikkelson. Ive loved every film Mads has starred in EXCEPT Polar. And absolute pile of rubbish with poor reviews. Literally one of the worst big budget fims I have seen.

IMO its very good news that he is no longer directing this movie.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2021, 10:13:27 AM »

IMO its very good news that he is no longer directing this movie.

That's good to hear, then; thanks for sharing!

Page created in 0.279 seconds with 52 queries.