Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Solo "Sessions"...  (Read 1328 times)

Solo "Sessions"...
« on: January 07, 2005, 09:53:11 AM »

I'm not sure where this fits but...

I was watching "Gimme Some Truth" and saw George sessioning with John on some of the Imagine songs... I thought it was cool to see them together doing stuff together after the Beatles... So I was wondering if more of this has been done? Like, if John played with George or Ringo on any of their songs and vice versa, and the same with Paul... Did any of them play together after the Beatles on their albums?

Sorry if I kinda made it confusing, but if any one knows if they played on any songs together post-Beatles, I'd really be interested to know  :)

Thanks all.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
Re: Solo "Sessions"...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 09:56:23 AM »

Have you heard about 'Toot n A Snore IN 74?'
Thread on this forum somewhere. ;)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 11:48:38 AM »

I think I read that a while back. It sounded very cool :) John and Paul recording some drunken sessions, right? Very cool  8)

I'm talking about the sessions for their real solo albums, though. But thanks for reminding me of that! I wish the two of them would've put aside their differences and started writing together again during the 70s... Music would be so different today if that had happened!

Anyway, dreams aside... Anybody got a clue as to whether or not they played on eachothers albums and what songs?

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 05:55:20 PM »

erm...
didnt all of the beatles have sessions each with ringo, for his album ringo?
also, ringo played drums for the plastic ono band in l8 60's, on cold turkey...
and of course, george played with john for the imagine sessions...also ringo played at the concert for bangladesh with george in 1971...AND ringo played on the sessions for george's 'all things must pass album, along with eric clapton.

hope it helps ;)

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 03:59:17 AM »

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2005, 04:29:08 AM »

[quote by=PaulLennon68 link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1105091591,s=2 date=1105098518]I think I read that a while back. It sounded very cool :) John and Paul recording some drunken sessions, right? Very cool
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Lenny Pane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2005, 08:01:37 AM »

[quote by=PaulLennon68 link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1105091591,s=2 date=1105098518]Music would be so different today if that had happened!

im not sure if that would be the case PL68...I think they may have come to there long and winding road in the LIB sessions ( recording / filming ).... but who knows wot would of happened... we can only dream.......

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005, 04:16:50 AM »

Yeah, and dreams don't come true, except in the imagination...

But think of the great output by the two of them during the 70's... The different and wonderful songs they made... All their hits with Wings and the Plastic Ono Band, etc... I think they could've lasted making a lot more hits together... And I surely think some aspect of music today would've been shifted...

But alas... we can only dream. ;)

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 52 queries.