Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: John : 'I was sick of White Christmas' – a classic interview from the vault  (Read 761 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages

The Guardian
December 13, 2011
John Lennon: 'I was sick of White Christmas' – a classic interview from the vaults

In our latest visit to the archives of Rock's Backpages – the world's leading collection of vintage music journalism – we visit John Lennon and Yoko Ono in New York in 1971, just as they're recording a song for Christmas, with the help of Phil Spector. This account of events by Richard Williams was first published in Uncut magazine in 1998

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2011/dec/13/john-lennon-christmas-rocks-backpages?newsfeed=true
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

nimrod

wow  peregrine9 this is a fantastic article, and for me it shows the importance of your news/press updates, many thanks for this..

I got out the remaster and played it loud after reading this and you can hear the Spector magic loud and clear, its fantastic, so very good on quality stereo gear, its a huge production, and I love the bit where he's signalling Keltner to hit those toms on the last chorus , I listened for that and it sounds great..

Interesting to read Johns comments on Georges playing on Gimme Some Truth & How Do You Sleep

once again thanks..

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages

Your welcome nimrod.I'm glad to be of help.That is a great older article.Thanks for your support about my news updates to this board.Everyone have a safe and great upcoming weekend and take care.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 02:03:07 AM by peregrine9 »
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 42 queries.