Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Why Sir Paul McCartney didn't have a Walk of Fame star sooner  (Read 786 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
Why Sir Paul McCartney didn't have a Walk of Fame star sooner
« on: February 14, 2012, 02:33:29 AM »

Examiner
February 13, 2012
Why Sir Paul McCartney didn't have a Walk of Fame star sooner

LOS ANGELES - Sir Paul McCartney received a star on Hollywood's renouned Walk of Fame recently.  It's not a surprise that the star was awarded in conjunction with Sir Paul performing at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards 2-12-12, Clive Davis' annual pre-Grammy party 2-11-12, and his being celebrated as the MusiCares Person of the Year on 2-10-12.  It's been an exciting trip for the former Beatle.Many reacted to Sir Paul not having had a star sooner as something of a personal insult or a lack of recognition.  The Beatles have a star.  All of the other former Beatles have stars - Ringo Starr, George Harrison, and John Lennon.  Why not Paul McCartney - he's even been knighted by Her Majesty, the Queen of England

http://www.examiner.com/rock-music-in-los-angeles/why-sir-paul-mccartney-didn-t-have-a-walk-of-fame-star-sooner
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

Jema

• Getting Better
  • "The Beatles will exist without us." - George
Re: Why Sir Paul McCartney didn't have a Walk of Fame star sooner
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 10:18:47 PM »

I had that question in my mind for a while: "Why doesn't Paul have a star?" - Now I know,it's a pretty long process in order to get the star onto the Walk of Fame and he's busy a lot but it's good that he finally got his on there!

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 39 queries.