Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ringo, Moonie and Bonham  (Read 10316 times)

roscoe

• A Beginning
Ringo, Moonie and Bonham
« on: June 05, 2009, 09:55:05 PM »

Paul should be shot for his recent remark placing the greatest drummer of all times in league with a couple worthless bangers in the hippy groups Led ZEP and Who

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
Re: Ringo, Moonie and Bonham
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 11:28:57 PM »

Quote from: 2121
Paul should be shot for his recent remark placing the greatest drummer of all times in league with a couple worthless bangers in the hippy groups Led ZEP and Who

Are you just a sh*t disturber?

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 11:30:31 PM »

Ringo's own son has been  quoted as saying he prefers Moon and Bonham to his father who is a 'good time keeper'. If I was Ringo the child would be disinherited real fast-- what an idiotic remark

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 12:33:03 AM »

Just because Ringo`s son likes other drummers doesn`t mean anything!  Everyone`s entitled to their own opinion and in his opinion he prefers someone who isn`t his own father.  Heck if my parents did anything of the sort I probably wouldn`t consider them the best!

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 01:23:23 AM »

No comprende your last semtence.

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 01:47:04 AM »

It were if my parents were something incredible, such as a musician, no matter how good the public thinks they are, to the "kid" that's still "mom" or it's still "dad".  It's just like, whoop dee doo, why would one expect someone to name their own parent as their favourite (fill in the blank).

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 03:51:40 AM »

Quote from: 1447
It were if my parents were something incredible, such as a musician, no matter how good the public thinks they are, to the "kid" that's still "mom" or it's still "dad".  It's just like, whoop dee doo, why would one expect someone to name their own parent as their favourite (fill in the blank).

I am sure that's how Julian & Sean Lennon and Dhani Harrison feel. Dhani's doing his own thing which I think is awesome. His music is unique and really good.

Arthur Mullard

• One And One Is Two
  • Arfa. That's me!
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 08:24:47 AM »

Out of everything I've read from you, that is the stupidest thing youve said so far. It even outdoes all your religious crap. You really are a turd of the highest order. If you're not a music lover dont come on music forums. I think you should spend the morning in confession after speaking ill of the dead.
[face=Verdana][size=14]Welcome to my house. Enter freely, and of your own will.[/size][/i][/face]

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 01:12:13 PM »

No comprende your last semtence.

i bet you live in texas
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 03:02:05 PM »

Ringo's own son has been  quoted as saying he prefers Moon and Bonham to his father who is a 'good time keeper'. If I was Ringo the child would be disinherited real fast-- what an idiotic remark

Well since Moon taught Zak how to play and Bonham was maybe the greatest rock drummer ever, it makes perfect sense to me.

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 05:36:10 PM »

I do not care for Who, Led Zep, Doors, Tull, Janis, Jimi, Skynard, CSN, etc---IOW hippies. 'Moon taught Zak to play'-- what a rediculous remark. Ciao

BlueMeanie

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 05:40:52 PM »

I do not care for Who, Led Zep, Doors, Tull, Janis, Jimi, Skynard, CSN, etc---IOW hippies. 'Moon taught Zak to play'-- what a rediculous remark. Ciao

But Moon DID start teaching Zak to play drums. Research your history before you make sweeping statements.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 06:41:38 PM »

Trivia

Son of Ringo Starr and Maureen Starkey.

He was not taught by Ringo, but by his godfather, The Who drummer Keith Moon. Moon gave Zak his first drum set. When Moon died in 1978, Zak waited 10 years to replace him (1979-1987 drummer was Ex-Face/Small Face Kenney Jones.

CAIO!!!!!

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 08:04:30 PM »

You speak about religion, catholicism. You should be a person capable of loving and forgiving. But you are a rigid, hard man, who doesn`t love his own children. How did you come to such life? Somebody must have offended you real bad.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 11:38:56 PM »

is that you roscoe?????
7zHqs7F0hXU
;)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 11:54:13 PM »

Wow, so another 'Villiage Idiot' rears his head here at DM's. This ought to be entertaining if nothing else.

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 06:48:51 PM »

and entertaining it is
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

BlueMeanie

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 06:52:02 PM »

Apparently The Who were hippies. You learn something new every day!. I wonder what the Mod movement think about that. Paul Weller's just taken an overdose!

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 08:11:28 PM »

do not wanna turn this into another drummers forum,but.........it is a well known fact that zak starkey did take up drumming more because of keith and not ringo-however,i'm sure ringo did play a part-how could he not?in the past zak has been pretty offhand about ringos' playing-only now does he say that..."my dad is the greatest drummer in the world.it's taken me years to get anywhere near his hand technique."for people who do not play the drums in can be pretty hard to explain what a good or bad drummer is.lots of music listeners do not appreciate the guy at the back.

moonie was 'out there' in every sense of the word-both behind his humongous kit, and in everyday life in general.
like tkitna says,bonzo was maybe the greatest rock drummer ever.(all opinion-we have had this conversation already todd!!,i think ian paice-but moonie is also up there in a big way).
ringo was,is and always will be ringo.enough said.

if i can give one bit of advice to anyone reading this,it would be take absolutely no notice of roscoes' opinions on drumming or drummers.i know more about open heart surgery than he knows about drumming.
......."but tonight,i just wanna stay in,and be with you"..............

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2009, 10:31:37 PM »

I bet you don't even know who Philly Joe Jones is.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 84 queries.