Solo forums > John Lennon

Lennon was a closet Republican: Assistant

<< < (2/33) > >>

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:
That would have proven the famous quote attributed to Churchill: "If you're not Liberal when you're 20, you have no heart. If you're not Conservative when you're 40, you have no brain."

KeepUnderCover:
In the end, John was a person who made mistakes. I had a hard time accepting that he was sexist or that he hit Cynthia. John being a huge influence on my life, and me not believing in violence against women, that was hard to accept.

But, that being said, I could care less if John was a Democrat, Republican, or...whatever. He made good music, that's all that really matters.

I also have friends who are Republicans, and they're not all terrible, lol!

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:
That why we shouldn't have idols, we should follow messages and not messengers. Actually that was something John said and I take that message. :)

KelMar:

--- Quote from: KeepUnderCover ---I had a hard time accepting that he was sexist or that he hit Cynthia. John being a huge influence on my life, and me not believing in violence against women, that was hard to accept.
--- End quote ---

That's exactly how I always felt. But the more I've read and thought about him the more I understand why he behaved the way he did. And I believe he really evolved as the years went by. I heard a bit of his last interview the other night, where he explained that "Woman" was more than just a love song to Yoko; it was an apology to all women. I'm heartbroken that we never got the chance to see this evolution continue.

Bobber:

--- Quote from: KeepUnderCover on July 04, 2011, 12:18:39 AM ---I also have friends who are Republicans, and they're not all terrible, lol!

--- End quote ---

Wow! I have friends that are Roman Catholic. ha2ha

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version