Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Who is John Lennon?  (Read 1567 times)

Bobber

Who is John Lennon?
« on: July 19, 2005, 01:14:10 PM »

From a poll held by the UK-paper The Observer:

The stars

Which of the following cross-section of stars do you recognise?

Re: Who is John Lennon?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 01:58:31 PM »

Man, that's hard to imagine. I have a feeling that things were skewed a bit. Its hard to  believe that Andrew Ridgely is more recognizable than John Lennon. People love this kind of crap though--it brings the 'greats' down some notches. I hate polls because numbers can be manipulated any which way the Pollster likes. How many people did they poll? From what population? Rich? Poor? Homeless? Whatever. They take 100 people and then they take their findings and say "This is what Great Britain Believes".  They did an interesting poll not long ago where 51% of those polled felt that they were in the majority, while 49% polled felt that they were in the minority.

Bobber

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 02:09:34 PM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm
Man, that's hard to imagine.

Oh, I didn't say it's the truth. It's the result of a poll, that's all.

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 02:11:34 PM »

They did an interesting poll not long ago where 51% of those polled felt that they were in the majority, while 49% polled felt that they were in the minority.

Well, they were both right.

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 02:14:35 PM »

Quote from: Bobber

Well, they were both right.

It was a joke, and I know it wasn't the 'truth' and just a poll, that's why I went into my sermon as to how numbers can be manipulated any way you please.

Bobber

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 02:19:16 PM »

It was a joke, and I know it wasn't the 'truth' and just a poll, that's why I went into my sermon as to how numbers can be manipulated any way you please.

It would be even funnier if 49% thought they were the majority...

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 03:37:07 AM »

Quote from: Bobber

The relative anonymity of Lennon is attributable to a relatively low level of recognition among younger Britons, many of whom were not even born at the time of his death in 1980. However, even among those aged 45 or older, a greater proportion recognize Boy George than Lennon. Boy George has clearly achieved iconic status.]

Wha? That's just wrong in so many ways. I wonder how the results would look if they did it in the US. I KNOW Cliff Richards wouldn't come out first that's for sure. Most people I talk to know who Lennon is. And I'm talking about kids too. I do talk to a lot of them being a teacher and all...

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 05:52:48 AM »

I'm surprised. I thought everyone knew who Lennon was. Even if he is to them only the guy with funny pink glasses.
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2005, 12:51:18 PM »

I don't care how many people recognise John Lennon as long as I can recognise him.

Page created in 0.265 seconds with 53 queries.