Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What if Jane Asher stayed with Paul?  (Read 5077 times)

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
Re: What if Jane Asher stayed with Paul?
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2018, 09:53:55 PM »

As a long time YES fan, I love the YES version, they really YESified it

RIP Chris Squire and his Rick Bass

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsGjl6kP0SI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsGjl6kP0SI</a>
Kevin

All You Need Is Love
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Strawberry Fields

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2018, 06:52:41 PM »

Music aside, I don't think Paul and Jane were compatible.  Jane was ambitious and had her own career which was one reason I liked her so much.  She was also still young, 23 when Paul married Linda, who was, I believe 29.   Paul wanted a woman who would center her life around him and the family.  Jane wasn't ready to do that.  Linda and Paul were soul mates I believe.  And she was the one who introduced Paul to his concern for animals and advocacy for animal welfare.  Linda managed to continue her career as a photographer, followed her avocation as an animal rights crusader, vegan cookbook author, and company founder, as well as being a great wife and mother.  Linda also contributed to Paul's music in her own way.  I identify more with Jane in her life choices but I admire Linda and what she accomplished in her life, greatly.
I saw Jane onstage in London.  She is an amazing actress so I'd say all's well that ends well.
Paul would have written beautiful love songs regardless. 

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2018, 12:00:16 PM »

Music aside, I don't think Paul and Jane were compatible.  Jane was ambitious and had her own career which was one reason I liked her so much.  She was also still young, 23 when Paul married Linda, who was, I believe 29.   Paul wanted a woman who would center her life around him and the family.  Jane wasn't ready to do that.  Linda and Paul were soul mates I believe.  And she was the one who introduced Paul to his concern for animals and advocacy for animal welfare.  Linda managed to continue her career as a photographer, followed her avocation as an animal rights crusader, vegan cookbook author, and company founder, as well as being a great wife and mother.  Linda also contributed to Paul's music in her own way.  I identify more with Jane in her life choices but I admire Linda and what she accomplished in her life, greatly.
I saw Jane onstage in London.  She is an amazing actress so I'd say all's well that ends well.
Paul would have written beautiful love songs regardless.

Yes I agree with a lot of that SF, good post.
Linda was seemingly perfect for Paul whereas Jane was a career girl, I dont know much about Jane as a person but Linda was lovely and down to earth. I always admire the was Jane never speaks about her time with Paul though.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Strawberry Fields

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2018, 04:12:36 PM »

I do too. 
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 43 queries.