Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: John and Yoko Question  (Read 6904 times)

frightenedandscared

• A Beginning
Re: John and Yoko Question
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2005, 09:28:19 PM »

Or what Paul did to Jane...

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2005, 09:51:07 PM »

Yeah, that was pretty rotten too. But at least Jane didn't walk in on Paul and another woman.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2005, 11:36:35 PM »

I'll put on my sensitive feminist hat for a moment.  There is a duality that is unfair but will probably always exist. If men score with alot of women they are a 'stud'. A woman who is with several men is labeled a 'slut'. Paul, by the way, did get caught by Jane. He was either with Linda (I'm pretty sure) or Francie Schwartz.  There's a part in the great book "Shout" by Phillip Norman where one of the regulars who would hold vigil outside his Cavendish Avenue home said that Jane had returned early from holiday, the girls out front kept ringing his buzzer to warn him, but he thought they were putting him on. She walked in, then stormed out, and later her mother came over to take some of her effects from the house. They reconciled for awhile, but not long.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2005, 12:33:59 AM »

Oh that's right, I forgot about that.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2005, 01:09:05 AM »

I'm pretty sure it was Francie cuz I'm pretty sure it was Francie who told that story. I thought Jane was long gone before Linda. Anyway, Francie also tells a story about the day or so before he was to wed Linda. He came to her crying but didn't say anything and so on. Then the next thing she knows he's married to Linda. Who knows.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2005, 01:14:08 AM »

Here's Francie's answer on it:

Q: There is the persistent story that Jane Asher caught you and Paul together, leading to their breakup. True or false?

A: False. They were on the verge of breaking up when I arrived in London. Right after I met Paul he went to his farm in Scotland, and I believe Jane was with him, and that they were trying to work it out, but failed, because he came on with me as soon as he got back to London. I detail the actual events in the E! TV interview. Bottom line: She did come to the house one morning and knock on the bedroom door... but that was well after she had announced that the engagement was off, on TV. I believe that the "sound bite" psychology is what contributed to the myth that persists even today. It's a simple explanation for a very complicated and hard to condense process that was ongoing.  

Here's the link: http://abbeyrd.best.vwh.net/francie.htm

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2005, 01:32:12 AM »

If that is true, I'm pretty sure it was Francie. I know she says to the contrary, but this is a woman of... loose morals, so to speak. I wouldn't take to heart everything she says.

Well, whatever the case, the whole thing sure was a messy affair. I pity Jane and/or Linda for getting caught up in all of that. But then Paul married Linda and everything was roses so... I guess everything happens for a reason.

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2005, 02:31:13 AM »

Quote from: Maccalvr
I'm pretty sure it was Francie cuz I'm pretty sure it was Francie who told that story. I thought Jane was long gone before Linda. Anyway, Francie also tells a story about the day or so before he was to wed Linda. He came to her crying but didn't say anything and so on. Then the next thing she knows he's married to Linda. Who knows.

I think there was some crossover between Linda and Jane. Paul certainly met Linda before the breakup. I think she was one of a handful of photgraphers/press people that was allowed to the Sgt. Pepper shoot, and they had met at the Bag O' Nails club, so its possible things were in motion, just not full steam ahead.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2005, 04:13:27 PM »

Yeah, they first met at the Sgt Pepper's release. They didn't meet up again until 68 after Paul and Jane broke up, though, I'm pretty sure of that.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.251 seconds with 55 queries.