Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Linda Perhacs  (Read 1159 times)

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
Linda Perhacs
« on: December 06, 2013, 09:58:34 AM »

I rarely go to gigs but last night I saw Linda Perhacs at Cecil Sharp House in London.

First thing, ticket price.
£12.50.
That's '£12.50'.
In the crazy world of daft prices for The Police, The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac (all of whom seem to start their prices in the hundreds, and all of whom I wouldn't pay 50p to see) that has to be the best value of the year, and I was in the 3rd row!
I must admit I thought it was mistake when I booked the tickets.

Linda - a bit like Nick Drake, Anne Briggs, Vashti Bunyan, Shelagh MacDonald and Judy Dyble - has been 'rediscovered' via the internet and the subsequent re-release of her sublime LP 'Parallelograms' (1970) (think The Beach Boys' 'Smile' / late 60s Joni Mitchell / BBC Radiophonic Workshop!) will have a new album out in March.

Amazingly, and completely against the norm (in fact I'm hard pressed to think of an example!) the 'new' stuff is just as wonderful.
If you can get to hear her amazing  music on disc or see her next year, believe me, you won't be disappointed.

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
Re: Linda Perhacs
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 06:46:09 PM »

Still no replies?! We are talking late 60s Joni Mitchell, not Duran Duran or Westlife.

KelMar

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 07:18:07 PM »

Still no replies?! We are talking late 60s Joni Mitchell, not Duran Duran or Westlife.

I'm not familiar with her but I do fully intend to give her music a listen. That will happen after this current mayhem subsides!

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 06:30:41 PM »

Dates have just been announced for June.
The ticket price for the Union Chapel, London concert appears to be about £15.....erm, OK.
Of course, one could always put aside £3000 for the next time Led Zeppelin perform to hear them play stuff that isn't in the same league as 'Parallelograms'!

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 41 queries.