Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28

Author Topic: Who should become the next US president?  (Read 63544 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Re: Who should become the next US president?
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 02:14:48 AM »

Isn't gay marriage recognized in Massachusetts? Hey one state out of 50! Not bad! But I mean considering the history of tolerance in this country that's actally a miracle in itself. Do you think any of us will live to see the day when gay marriage is recognized in say Mississippi? Ha.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2007, 04:01:22 PM »

yes yes, i live in the bay state, now known as the gay state. but also remember that massachusetts is still the most liberal state in the country
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2007, 04:06:48 AM »

Massachusetts is the most liberal state? I thought that was California. I mean, that's what most people would think but I guess not.  

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007, 04:08:23 AM »

Quote from: 360

Brown.

Yeah, you guys don't seem at all phased that your country just changed leaders after, what, ten years or so? Must be nice.

Whoever

• Getting Better
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2007, 01:09:12 PM »

It's because they all seem to cock it up in there own inmitable way.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2007, 09:36:31 PM »

Quote from: 216
Massachusetts is the most liberal state? I thought that was California. I mean, that's what most people would think but I guess not.  

Cali does have medical marijuana, whereas Mass still treats it like it's heroin or something. Those good, Calvinistic puritan values still cling, generations later.

:)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2007, 10:18:25 PM »

yea yea, but in the grand scheme of things, we're both the most liberal states, we have gay marriage, you have weed
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2007, 12:05:24 AM »

Yeah, weed. That's okay. But don't you DARE lite up a REAL cigarette while your here! This is the non-smoking state you know.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2007, 12:46:19 AM »

Sandra, do you feel like a New Yorker or a Californian?
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2007, 02:54:16 AM »

Noam Chomsky.

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2007, 05:07:43 AM »

Quote from: 218
Sandra, do you feel like a New Yorker or a Californian?

A New Yorker. I'm not a Californian in any way. Except maybe the accent change.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2007, 05:12:18 AM »

Quote from: 343
hes milking 9/11 dry and hes trying to cover up his liberalness. i dont know about him, i still like ron paul for the republican seat, hes at least a republican by defination

He's milking 9/11? I haven't really seen this. He was amazing through that whole thing though and I think if he wants to mention it he has the right. He was down there as it was happening watching people jump for God's sake. I mean, if that didn't have a profound impact on him then I don't know what would. I won't fault him for bringing it up.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2007, 06:22:54 AM »

Quote from: 216

He's milking 9/11? I haven't really seen this. He was amazing through that whole thing though and I think if he wants to mention it he has the right. He was down there as it was happening watching people jump for God's sake. I mean, if that didn't have a profound impact on him then I don't know what would. I won't fault him for bringing it up.

Interesting, because a friend of mine from another forum who is a New Yorker feels differently. She wrote this...

'May I remind all you good folks that Rudy Giuliani was NOT a hero to New Yorkers. Much of the human sacrifice was caused by his poor planning, and all his grandstanding in the days after the attack can't erase that. If any of you were thinking of voting for him as president, DON'T.'

Differing perceptions. Interesting.

Pasta Cheif

• Getting Better
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2007, 09:26:38 AM »

Ron Paul is for sure the best Republican candidate I think.

He wants to impeach Bush
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.
"Dont take life seriously, you'll never get out of it alive"

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2007, 01:27:03 PM »

well put Pasta

and gulianni is milking 9/11 dry. every speech, he manages to say it 3 or 4 times. if it wasnt for that, he would've never ran for president in the first place

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2007, 10:47:57 PM »

^Reminds me of that Family Guy episode where Lois is running for mayor and her answer to everything is "9/11" and the people love it.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2007, 12:49:17 AM »

Quote from: 843

Interesting, because a friend of mine from another forum who is a New Yorker feels differently. She wrote this...

Differing perceptions. Interesting.

I'd like to know how someone could have planned for something like 9/11. Blaming someone after the fact for not having a plan in place for something so out of left field is pretty much a waste of time. Not every New Yorker loves Rudy that's for sure. With people like him you either love him or hate him. That's just the way it is with strong personalities. But they can't deny what he did for the City and I doubt they'd ever want to go back to living in a pre Rudy city. If the person saying this even remembers what that was like. I'm not saying I'd vote for him cuz like I've said I haven't started listening enough, but I don't think him mentioning 9/11 would prevent me if I agreed with him on most other things. That would be sort of petty. But whatever.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2007, 12:51:41 AM »

Quote from: 343
well put Pasta

and gulianni is milking 9/11 dry. every speech, he manages to say it 3 or 4 times. if it wasnt for that, he would've never ran for president in the first place

Not true. People were asking him to run before 9/11. It was always a possibility. As for the 9/11 stuff. Why does that annoy you so much? I mean, seriously, I haven't listened to him speak that much but what's he saying that gets you?

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2007, 01:51:19 AM »

Good points.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2007, 11:36:29 PM »

I got this email today, and I'm interested in comments on it. It's from MoveOn org. (The numbers represent footnotes linking to the source. I'm only reproducing the beginning of the message here. I can copy in the whole thing if anyone's interested.)

This weekend, Rudy Giuliani launched a series of attacks on us (MoveOn) for exposing the White House spin on the "surge."

Giuliani is hoping to scare war critics into staying silent. But that isn't going to happen. We've put together a rapid-response ad which demonstrates that Giuliani doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to leadership on Iraq: He was booted from the Iraq Study Group after missing meeting after meeting so he could make millions of dollars giving speeches.

We want voters to know that Giuliani can't be trusted on Iraq. Can you help with $250 to get this ad on the air in Iowa? Click here to see the ad and contribute:

https://pol.moveon.org/donate/giuliani.html?id=11257-3207800-5KEQ_f&t=3

The facts are very clear: When it really mattered, Giuliani chose to make big money from speeches rather than helping figure out a strategy for Iraq.

The Iraq Study group (ISG) was a bipartisan panel appointed by Congress in March of 2006 to evaluate the situation in Iraq and make policy recommendations on the war. Sometimes it's referred to as the Baker-Hamilton commission.

Giuliani originally said that he looked forward to participating in the group,1 but then he never showed up to any of the meetings.

Newsday reported earlier this year that, "Rudolph Giuliani's membership on an elite Iraq study panel came to an abrupt end last spring after he failed to show up for a single official meeting of the group, causing the panel's top Republican to give him a stark choice: either attend the meetings or quit, several sources said."2

Giuliani later said that he couldn't participate in the group because of "time constraints." A close look at his financial records shows that those time constraints actually consisted of a series of speeches that he made millions of dollars on.3

* In April of last year. Giuliani skipped a meeting and made $200,000 giving a keynote speech at an economic conference in South Korea.4
* The next month he skipped another meeting to give a $100,000 speech on "leadership" in Atlanta. Later that day, he attended a $100-a-ticket political fundraiser for conservative activist Ralph Reed.5
For Giuliani to claim any authority on handling the war in Iraq when he abdicated his responsibilities to the Iraq Study Group is a plain betrayal of the nation's trust. In fact, Stephen Hess, who served on the panel and has served in Republican and Democratic administrations, said, "Leaving that study group was not exactly an act of courage."6
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28

Page created in 0.429 seconds with 80 queries.