Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Paul McCartney fan (GABP) gets shoulder signed, then gets tattoo  (Read 3502 times)

KeepUnderCover

• A Beginning
  • Across The Universe

Maggie Muldoon Silverstein checked off No. 1 on her Bucket List on Thursday night: “Meet Paul McCartney.”

Having the rock legend autograph her right shoulder in front of the cheering throng at Great American Ball Park – “Incredible!” Silverstein, who lives in St. Bernard, said Friday.

From the concert, Silverstein and her husband Matt drove straight to Beelistic’s on West Clifton Avenue and commemorated the occasion with a tattoo that made the signature and the message – “Let It Be – Paul McCartney” – permanent. (They had given the tattoo parlor a heads-up that this could happen.)

Silverstein has been a fan all her life – since 1993, when she was 6, her dad Tim Muldoon and uncle Terry Muldoon brought their kids to a McCartney concert. And, yes, in her school years she was occasionally mocked. “My friends would have parties and tell us to bring our favorite CDs and they’d say, “Maggie, don’t bring the Beatles.’ ”

She and her husband were inspired to try for an onstage autograph when they were at a McCartney concert in Pittsburgh last year and a fan asked – and was granted – an autograph for her ‘Blackbird’ tattoo.

Silverstein had been daydreaming – and strategizing the best message to send – since the Cincinnati appearance was announced.

The Silversteins were sitting in the fifth row at the concert, part of a party that again included her father and uncle, as well as friends and relatives. The couple held up signs. His was “Paul, Sign my Wife,” hers was “I’m the Wife…Sign Me.”

McCartney read out their signs early in the concert, “and we thought that was it.” But the star notified security to bring the Silversteins up during his encore.

Being onstage was “Loud. Crazy. Awesome,” Silverstein said. She doesn’t remember the crowd. She was focused on McCartney. “Looking at him, him looking at me.”

McCartney asked, “Do you really want me to do this?” Maggie Silverstein definitely did and requested “Let It Be,” she said, because she finds the lyrics good words to live by.

It’s her second tattoo – “I have one other tattoo on my left side that says “Limitless Undying Love” – lyrics from the Beatle’s song “Across the Universe.’ ”

Now that Silverstein can cross off No. 1 on her Bucket List, she doesn’t know what her next list-topper will be. “I don’t know that I can top this.”

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110805/ENT03/308050084/Paul-McCartney-fan-gets-him-sign-her-then-gets-tattoo

I saw this happen on Thursday! Maggie, if you're on this forum, you're incredibly lucky!  ;D

Live dates

Ringo Starr, Columbus OH, Feb 22, 1999
Julian Lennon, Cincinnati OH, July 21, 1999
Paul McCartney, Cincinnati OH, Aug 4th, 2011

~The Beatles Forever~

Ahme

Re: Paul McCartney fan (GABP) gets shoulder signed, then gets tattoo
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 09:37:38 AM »

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
  • Love is old Love is new Love is all Love is you <3
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 12:40:19 PM »

That is amazing! Lucky girl!!!  :o
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

KelMar

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 02:57:02 AM »

That would probably be the only way I would have the courage to get a tattoo!

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
  • Love is old Love is new Love is all Love is you <3
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 05:24:23 PM »

That would probably be the only way I would have the courage to get a tattoo!

Same here, I'm usually not that fond of tattoos, not on me, anyway  ha2ha
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 02:09:05 PM »

WOW, I am jealous!!! Super lucky girl. And I agree, that'd be the only way I could get a tattoo xD

Page created in 5.68 seconds with 51 queries.