Other music forums > Musician's Corner

Lovely New Addition

<< < (3/8) > >>

nimrod:

--- Quote from: tkitna on March 28, 2012, 03:22:57 AM ---How does it sound and how do you like it Kev?

--- End quote ---

Hi Todd,Ive used Fender Basses (and I have  a Warwick) and this feels very different, the neck is slimmer and longer and the strings are a touch closer together, but I absolutely love it, I think it looks like the nicest Bass ever made (but Im biased), of course it have the famous Ric clang if you set it right or it can sound like it did on certain Beatle tracks like Rain.
I know I will always own this and will never sell it, its a keeper.
Chris Squire of Yes has always used a Ric and he gets that trebly growl (mine can do that) of his which Ive always loved. Mine is a 4003 not 4001 which Pauls was, mine has the big sharktooth position markers, Pauls has dots.

peterbell1:

--- Quote from: nimrod on March 26, 2012, 11:15:53 PM ---

--- End quote ---

That's lovely - really nice.

I have a 6-string Ric and a 12-string Ric - both Fireglo, so I need a bass like that to complete the collection  ;D

Actually, I used to play in a band where the bass player had one like that - looked very good on stage with that on one side and my 12-string fireglo on the other

Hello Goodbye:
And here's my new addition, also in Fireglo...

360-12C63

Hello Goodbye:
Post some pictures of yours, Peter.  We can't have too much Fireglo on this thread.  ;)

Hello Goodbye:
This 360-12 sounds so good hooked up to the AC30!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm currently learning George's part in You Can't Do That.  This video has been most helpful...

The Beatles: "You Can't Do That" (George's part) Rickenbacker 360/12C63 & '67 Gibson Skylark amp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version