Solo forums > Paul McCartney

Live And Let Die

<< < (2/6) > >>

tkitna:
Truly is an awesome song.

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: tkitna on December 25, 2013, 10:34:03 AM ---Truly is an awesome song.

--- End quote ---

Yeah!  Paul always has fun performing it live...

Paul McCartney & WINGS - Live And Let Die

And it's an honor to perform a James Bond title sequence song.

***Pop Quiz:  Who sang more than one James Bond title sequence song?

Moogmodule:

--- Quote from: tkitna on December 25, 2013, 10:34:03 AM ---Truly is an awesome song.

--- End quote ---

Funny that the bond producers thought they were just buying the song and would get Shirley Bassey or someone to sing it. It was largely thanks to George Martin rather tersely suggesting they were crazy not taking Paul's version that got this version on the film. 

KelMar:
Wow, I didn't realize I was only 10 when that came out. I felt older than that then! I remember hearing it with a friend when I was probably 14 and my friend commented during the one part (here's where I wish I had a better music vocabulary) that it sounded like people running. She wondered if I thought so too because her sister told her that was dumb. I felt bad for her and couldn't imagine having a sister say that! Anyway, I did know it and like it prior to that but it was only as an adult that I've appreciated what a masterpiece it is, right down to the last, open-ended note. And it was only recently that I heard the line "you gotta give the other fellow hell" properly. I could never figure out what Paul was saying there!

jamesbjorkman:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on December 26, 2013, 03:35:14 AM ---

***Pop Quiz:  Who sang more than one James Bond title sequence song?

--- End quote ---

I'm sure most know that Shirley Bassey did "Goldfinger," "Diamonds Are Forever," and "Moonraker." She's also been very close to doing another one here or there, but it never quite worked out.

This is my favorite, transposed from end credits to title sequence:

http://youtu.be/UlARuAs_k18

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version