Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: More George Releases  (Read 2202 times)

becky

• A Beginning
More George Releases
« on: January 10, 2006, 08:49:08 PM »

I heard some rumors going around that there maybe a George Harrison anthology coming out soon. And I also heard a rumor that maybe George's 1974 concert tour will come out on DVD and maybe a CD. I remember reading an interview that Olivia said that there are quite a few projects that haven't been finished yet. I can't wait to see what will come out in the near future! :D

raxo

• Sun King
Re: More George Releases
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 09:12:30 PM »

Yep, it seems that Dhani is working in some stuff ... like his daddy was when ...
It seems too that he's taking his time ... but this year is the 5th aniversary so ... ::)

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 12:40:59 AM »

Becky you sure love George, maybe even more than I do. If they release anything soon I would love to see Living In The Material World remastered, or a George anthology would be great.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 12:15:14 PM »

It seems that there's still dozens of unreleased songs ... George was recording a lot during his last years and it had been said that there was enough stuff for two or three posthumous albums but only Brainwashed was released ... I hear "Brainwashed" was going to be called "Portrait Of A Leg End" (R.I.P.) (George's humour  ::) ).

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 05:13:47 PM »

Quote from: raxo
It seems that there's still dozens of unreleased songs ... George was recording a lot during his last years and it had been said that there was enough stuff for two or three posthumous albums but only Brainwashed was released ... I hear "Brainwashed" was going to be called "Portrait Of A Leg End" (R.I.P.) (George's humour  ::) ).

Glad to hear that there's a lot of unreleased stuff. I've only got All Things Must Pass, but I've heard the Dark Horse album, and that's good. I think this year I'll be getting into George's music a bit more.
All You Need Is LOVE!

becky

• A Beginning
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 09:46:29 PM »

I think there was talk too on a rerelease of Living in the Material World album with bonus tracks on it and I'm hoping that The Best of Dark Horse will be rereleased as well because there are four songs on that album that weren't on the Dark Horse Years albums. :( And maybe the album Extra Texture (Read All About It) might be rereleased too. But like I've read in an interview about Olivia, she said that there are half dozen projects that aren't done yet and I can't wait to see what will come out! And since I am a very big George fan, I plan on getting anything new that comes out. ;D I love George so much. So much that I've got pictures of him all over my room at home including a poster of him that I got with his Brainwashed album. ;D ;)

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 09:53:16 PM »

Quote from: becky
I think there was talk too on a rerelease of Living in the Material World album with bonus tracks on it and I'm hoping that The Best of Dark Horse will be rereleased as well because there are four songs on that album that weren't on the Dark Horse Years albums. :( And maybe the album Extra Texture (Read All About It) might be rereleased too. But like I've read in an interview about Olivia, she said that there are half dozen projects that aren't done yet and I can't wait to see what will come out! And since I am a very big George fan, I plan on getting anything new that comes out. ;D I love George so much. So much that I've got pictures of him all over my room at home including a poster of him that I got with his Brainwashed album. ;D ;)

More or less all that was what I'd heard too. My favourite album is Extra Texture (Read All About It) so I can't wait for anything new too.

becky

• A Beginning
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 09:55:23 PM »

Yeah, Extra Texture is a really good album by George. I listen to it alot. :) But George's Cloud Nine album is my all time favorite. :D 8)

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 10:06:26 PM »

The one with the most Guy-esq sound and melodies. Delightful sound experience. That one, All Things Must Pass and Brainwashed could be the most accesible albums, commercially speaking.

becky

• A Beginning
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 09:33:43 PM »

The George Harrison album would be my second choice.  :) But I love ALL of George's albums. His music just makes me comfortable and it helps me to relax. I'm so happy that I came across his music because his music steered me away from what people my age listen to that is being played these days.I don't care much for today's music, except if Paul or Ringo come out with something new or if Tom Petty comes out with something new too. ;) But most of the time, I just prefer to listen to George's music only. :) ;)

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 10:19:33 PM »

I understand you pretty well. I listen to his whole discography almost every month (the same with the others) and it's good to know that doesn't matter which album you choose: be sure that there'll be good and great music on it. My second choice could be George Harrison album too ...

From here:
http://dmbeatles.com/cgi-bin/Blah/Blah.pl?b=harrison,v=display,m=1132274101,s=0

"My favourite one is Extra Texture (Read All About It) (1975) but it's not one of his most successful albums (underrated I think). Gone Troppo (1982) is an unknown treasure.
My top would be (All Things Must Pass, Concert For Bangladesh, Living In The Material World and the 2 albums from 'the guys' era excluded):

1. Extra Texture  1975 (quiet and peaceful - underrated)
2. George Harrison  1979  (mature and peaceful)
3. Gone Troppo  1982 (surprising - underrated)
4. Brainwashed  2002 (posthumous - vey good)
5. Cloud Nine  1987 (one of the most commercial - 60s + ELO)
6. Thirty Three & 1/3  1976 (somehow witty)
7. Somewhere in England  1981  (bitter and unequal, weak)
8. Dark Horse  1974  (confused George)

If you like George music with the guys: Cloud Nine and Brainwashed
If you like Living In The Material World: George Harrison and Thirty Three & 1/3.
If you like more obscured but great work ('he's the quiet one' style): Gone Troppo and Extra Texture"

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 05:00:02 AM »

george is still great.............

Page created in 0.563 seconds with 58 queries.