Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Yoko Ono  (Read 15580 times)

Bobber

Re: Yoko Ono
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2006, 07:36:28 AM »

Quote from: Kate
That John loved her was good for him and him only.
There's a lot of people who doubt even that...

So it's called art now what she does... yeah, whatever - if she hadn't John to support her...well...nuff said
I hear you. But it's still speculation. There's rumours that she had some reputation before she met John. That is her art...

Kate

• A Thousand Pages
  • Don't take it from the top
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2006, 08:22:09 AM »

Quote from: Bobber
There's a lot of people who doubt even that...

I doubt that as well.

I hear you. But it's still speculation. There's rumours that she had some reputation before she met John. That is her art...

Yes, it is speculation, but you can't deny that John gave it all a real boost and it was to her pertinacity that her art finally and literally arrived at John's door. Even if she had quite a reputation before meeting him, I don't think she would have got the attention of, well, most of the world, as she did because of being a part of John&Yoko.
Where would she be if she didn't met him? Maybe she would have stalked Keith Richards or someone like that - oh what a couple that would have been  ;D

Bobber

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2006, 08:31:22 AM »

Yes, it is speculation, but you can't deny that John gave it all a real boost and it was to her pertinacity that her art finally and literally arrived at John's door. Even if she had quite a reputation before meeting him, I don't think she would have got the attention of, well, most of the world, as she did because of being a part of John&Yoko.
Where would she be if she didn't met him? Maybe she would have stalked Keith Richards or someone like that - oh what a couple that would have been  ;D

That's an interesting question: where would Yoko be if she hadn't met John? In the army, perhaps. Mmm, maybe she could have stalked Ozzy Osbourne instead. But she sure knew who to approach.

Kate

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2006, 08:44:06 AM »

Ozzy

Yeah, imagine her on a reality show with Ozzy going f*** all the time and her practise singing (till hell freezes over, which in her case must have been years ago), giggling her weird little-girl-giggle...or.....or..... even mind the kids (!!??!!)

Bobber

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2006, 12:42:25 PM »

What about this:

Yoko Ono Awarded International Prize

Valladolid, Spain, 12 Jun (Prensa Latina) John Lennon

Kate

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2006, 05:55:12 AM »

What about this:

Yoko Ono Awarded International Prize

Valladolid, Spain, 12 Jun (Prensa Latina) John Lennon’s widow, Yoko Ono, was awarded the 2006 International Fine Arts Prize Monday, for her more than 50 years work and contribution to experimental, aesthetic and conceptual language.

....she still hasn't a name of her own....people (journalists) keep mentioning "...widow of John Lennon"....if that isn't a hint  ;) - only joking...of course she's an artist and deserves every award in the world ...I don't tell you what for though

Bobber

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 07:24:31 AM »

....she still hasn't a name of her own....people (journalists) keep mentioning "...widow of John Lennon"....if that isn't a hint  ;) - only joking...

No no, don't joke! Because it is very true... Very often it's 'Yoko Ono, John Lennon's widow'. I never hear 'John Lennon, Yoko Ono's late husband'.

Bobber

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2006, 10:45:53 AM »

I think it has nothing to do with age... And it's attacks from both sides. I'm a mod for two weeks now and I getting tired of it already. lol. It feels like home...where my kids (aged 2 and 4) are making trouble all the time...

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2006, 12:07:53 AM »

I just cannot believe anybody can find enjoyment in her singing or art. As Kate mentioned earlier,  and the fact that everybody on this world knows also , is that if she hadnt been with John,,,,,nobody knows who she is. Trust me when I say her talents would not have held up on their own.

And to think that she actually tried to mooch off of Paul first. What a slant eyed c#nt!

Bobber

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2006, 10:28:48 AM »

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2006, 06:21:50 PM »

John would have been dead in 68' if he didn't get together with Yoko.

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2006, 02:31:31 AM »

On the 18th May 1968 John Lennon got The Beatles together for a meeting at Apple to announce that he was the current incarnation of Jesus Christ.

On the 19th May 1968 John Lennon got together with Yoko Ono for real.

"Fortunately, I met you at the right time."

Bobber

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2006, 01:00:19 PM »

She had how many art attempts?

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2006, 11:44:44 PM »

Quote from: 63
She had how many art attempts?

Way to many.

SallyG

• A Beginning
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2006, 04:44:02 AM »

Hey T, you should start a thread where we can make Yoko art. Whichever is the worst, wins. Shouldn't be tough to do.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2006, 05:28:14 AM »

I'll do it.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2006, 11:50:00 AM »

Feel free to join Yoko Ono's Yahoo Group - I started it myself and so far Dirk and me are the only two members!!! ;D

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yoko_ono/

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2006, 09:01:51 AM »

hahahah

Wayne L.

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2006, 03:54:20 PM »

I voted for I couldn't give two hoots either way about Yoko, because I don't hate her, since she didn't breakup the Beatles.  I don't like her as a vocalist at all & John could have fell in love with a hot babe.  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Page created in 0.319 seconds with 74 queries.