Other music forums > Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies

The Rolling Stones

(1/82) > >>

Wayne L.:
The Rolling Stones are one of the greatest rock bands of all time, without a doubt & I have been a dedicated fan for a long time.  My favorite era is during the late 60's/early 70's, which defines them for me, when they were their baddest & their ballsiest in their music, their image & their attitude.  I think it's kind of funny looking back on it, how controversial they were back in the early 60's & I can see the media & parents going nuts.  Gimme Shelter is my all time favorite concert documentary from the Stones, which I saw for the first time way back in 77 & it was just a bad day at a rock show at Altamont, it wasn't the apocalyse as some former hippies, who were there, like to make it.  I never thought they would be around by this time when I first became aware of them listening to the radio way back in 69.  It's great that they're still rockin after over 40 years, but I think the end is coming soon, because I can't picture Mick Jagger onstage in ten years.  

Mairi:
The Stones are coming to Halifax, and I'm gonna have to see 'em, since I missed them when they came to Moncton, and, like you said, they won'y be touring forever. Anyway, I promised my dad that I would go with him if they came. I dunno how I'm going to come up with the money but..... STONES! I have to see them.

:
Eddie's dead.

apple sauce:
The "quality" of the Stones songs often get overlooked. They have written just as many great songs as the Beatles, but never gotten the recognition they deserved. Yes often reffered to as the greatest rock and roll band in the world but that's as far as it goes? Through the 60s, 70, 80, and 90s the band has come up with some really good songs!

Bobber:
Their concert in the Netherlands last week was not sold out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version