Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: What is the worst ever Beatles song ?  (Read 27270 times)

7 of 13

• Getting Better
Re: What is the worst ever Beatles song ?
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2012, 01:03:18 AM »

No Joke - not too keen on PM's vocal on Hold Me Tight.

Run for your life - If I want to listen to blatant misogyny I'll listen to the Rolling Stones thankyaverymuch.

Maxwell's Silver Hammer - A song about a Mass Murderer diguised as a children's song.

As the old saying goes, One man's trash is another man's treasure.
i just want to say i disagree, especially with Hold Me Tight and Run For Your Life. that people see this song as nothing more than a set of redundant, sexist and misogynist lyrics doesn't make alot of sense.
i can see how you could get the wrong idea about Maxwells Silver Hammer, but it is a nice bouncy track.
 ;yes
day tripper yeah

7 of 13

• Getting Better
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2012, 01:05:17 AM »

hey 7 of 13, I asked for opinions, he/she gave it, (although I only asked for one lol) lets not argue about it or we'll be at it forever, everybody has theyre own opinion about the worst song. Lets respect others opinion without arguing, after all there is no best or worst its all subjective..
again, tell me this is some sort of a joke nimrod. Hold Me Tight is a fast rocker and a love song.
 ;yes
day tripper yeah

Sir John Johns

• A Beginning
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2012, 03:15:49 PM »

I don't have a 'wrong idea' - I have, like you, an opinion. Neither of which is 'correct'.

i can see how you could get the wrong idea about Maxwells Silver Hammer, but it is a nice bouncy track.
 ;yes

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2012, 06:17:36 PM »

again, tell me this is some sort of a joke nimrod. Hold Me Tight is a fast rocker and a love song.
 ;yes

The Beatles themselves thought that "Hold Me Tight" was a poor song:

JOHN 1980: "That was Paul's. Maybe I stuck some bits in there... I really don't remember. It was a pretty poor song and I was never really interested in it either way."

PAUL 1988: "I can't remember much about that one. Certain songs were just 'work' songs... you haven't got much of a memory of them. That's one of them. You just knew you had a song that would work, a good melody. 'Hold Me Tight' never really had that much of an effect on me. It was a bit Shirelles."

PAUL circa-1994: "'Hold Me Tight' was a failed attempt at a single which then became acceptable album filler."
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

nimrod

« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2012, 12:04:22 AM »

;yes

again, its his opinion mate, let it go, stop trying to tell people what they should like, why cant you just accept that he doesnt like it ?

7 of 13

• Getting Better
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2012, 11:41:55 PM »

The Beatles themselves thought that "Hold Me Tight" was a poor song:

JOHN 1980: "That was Paul's. Maybe I stuck some bits in there... I really don't remember. It was a pretty poor song and I was never really interested in it either way."

PAUL 1988: "I can't remember much about that one. Certain songs were just 'work' songs... you haven't got much of a memory of them. That's one of them. You just knew you had a song that would work, a good melody. 'Hold Me Tight' never really had that much of an effect on me. It was a bit Shirelles."

PAUL circa-1994: "'Hold Me Tight' was a failed attempt at a single which then became acceptable album filler."
interesting quotes. still i like Hold Me Tight.
day tripper yeah

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2012, 02:30:50 AM »

interesting quotes. still i like Hold Me Tight.

Of course, I didn't mean to change your opinion. I just wanted to show that we all have different opinions and even a songwriter can dislike his/her own song. For example "Every Little Thing" is one of my favourite songs and Paul said that it was just an album filler.

nimrod

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2012, 03:13:46 AM »

Of course, I didn't mean to change your opinion. I just wanted to show that we all have different opinions and even a songwriter can dislike his/her own song. For example "Every Little Thing" is one of my favourite songs and Paul said that it was just an album filler.

Every Little Thing is a stunning song imo

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2012, 03:17:04 AM »

Every Little Thing is a stunning song imo

I bet that you prefer the Yes version. ;)

nimrod

« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2012, 12:11:11 AM »

I bet that you prefer the Yes version. ;)

actually no, I like the Yes version but its one of my favourite ever vocals from John, absolutely brilliant vocal, he was very much on form on Beatles For sale imo

I prefer it having an acoustic guitar as well...

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2012, 02:11:59 AM »

actually no, I like the Yes version but its one of my favourite ever vocals from John, absolutely brilliant vocal, he was very much on form on Beatles For sale imo

I prefer it having an acoustic guitar as well...

Ok. I've always found it curious that John sings on that one, as it was mostly written by Paul.

nimrod

« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2012, 12:11:14 AM »

Ok. I've always found it curious that John sings on that one, as it was mostly written by Paul.

whoever write it hombre for me its a beautiful song, one of my favourites of all time and captures the true magic of the Beatles

btw did you see the Kun & Tevez double act yesterday ?

Strawberry Field

• A Beginning
  • Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2012, 01:17:20 AM »

'Wild Honey Pie'

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2012, 01:27:31 AM »

btw did you see the Kun & Tevez double act yesterday ?

Yeah, I saw the whole match! Good for Tevez and MC that he came back, but hope this is not too late for the Citizens. They also suffered the absence of Kun Agüero during some past games; in my opinion Kun is now one of the Top 5 football players in the world.

Maccafan95

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2012, 01:54:15 AM »

'Wild Honey Pie'

I actually enjoy this....but it took a LONG time for me to like it. And its mainly because the damn thing got stuck in my head for a couple days.  :P

R.I.P. Linda Louise McCartney 1941-1998
R.I.P. John Lennon 1940-1980
R.I.P. George Harrison 1943-2001

Strawberry Field

• A Beginning
  • Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2012, 02:04:31 PM »

Oh, and 'Maxwell's Silver Hammer' has got to be up there. This song is stuck in my head, after listening to Anthology 3 last night. UGH, it's idiotic and it keeps Abbey Road from being near perfect.

KelMar

« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2012, 04:14:25 AM »

'Wild Honey Pie'

That was the winner of the Beatles Worst Song Elimination Game back in June.  ;)

nimrod

« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2012, 12:12:25 AM »

Oh, and 'Maxwell's Silver Hammer' has got to be up there. This song is stuck in my head, after listening to Anthology 3 last night. UGH, it's idiotic and it keeps Abbey Road from being near perfect.

I agree, that and Octopus garden ruin the whole thing for me, just wish Paul wouldve kept his kids songs for his Wings career

eveningsungodown

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2012, 07:24:17 AM »

Add a vote for Run For Your Life. After such an incredible album, to end it that way is so disappointing. The Beatles usually were so good at ending an album...Twist and Shout, I'll Be Back, Tomorrow Never Knows, A Day in the Life, The End, etc. But Run For Your Life is bad. If it had been in the middle of the album somewhere, I could've looked past it. But as the last song on such a groundbreaking, influential album, it bothers me.
Step on the gas and wipe that tear away.

Jema

• Getting Better
  • "The Beatles will exist without us." - George
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2012, 12:51:47 PM »

All You Need Is Love - The only part I like from that song is at the end when John sings a little part from She Loves You  ha2ha
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 1.096 seconds with 84 queries.