Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 'A show that will touch your heart' : Allready Posted  (Read 1464 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
'A show that will touch your heart' : Allready Posted
« on: July 18, 2011, 12:17:26 AM »

Please excuse this double posting.Its allready posted in the John Lennon forum.

Southcoast today
July 15, 2011
'A show that will touch your heart'
Yoko Ono promises a moving experience at Lennon exhibit

Anyone who has ever tried to cover "Imagine" and get away with it will testify to what a tough cookie Yoko Ono can be.When it comes to fiercely guarding her husband John Lennon's legacy, Ono makes headlines fairly often — most recently for allegedly threatening to sue a bar in Scotland named "Lennon's Pub."Sure, she's strict. But for the last 30 years as widow of the most famous singer from the most famous band ever, Ono, 78, has also tirelessly devoted herself to keeping Lennon's memory alive.As part of those efforts, visitors to Newport, R.I., this weekend will have a chance to take in 100 different sketches, free-hand drawings, caricatures and illustrations by Lennon, who attended the Liverpool School of Art from 1957-60 and whose talent in that arena surprised Ono."I loved John's style," she says. "I didn't expect that from a pop star or a rock star. When I first saw, I was totally amazed. Since then, I'm still amazed."

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110715/NEWS/107150337
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 04:35:18 AM by peregrine9 »
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

Page created in 0.35 seconds with 38 queries.