Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 638622 times)

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #8180 on: October 18, 2012, 08:13:33 PM »

So far yes! Last thursday we went on a Vermont winery and Cheese tour for a day. We had a great time with lots of laughs. Got to pet some very freindly goats at a place called Fat Toad Farm. They're goat cheese and goat cheese CARAMEL are featured at Williams and Sonoma and lots of other places. Did wine tasting at a couple of wineries and after a couple hours of that everything was funny!
I came downstairs on Saturday and noticed a horrible smell in the kitchen. I figured a mouse died under the fridge or something. Soo... I took apart the front of the fridge (as it's a built in and you can't move it) went under it with flashlights, wet vacs trying to suck his little carcass out through the front to no avail! : (  Later I was making lunch and opened a tupperware and WHOA!!! it was the goat cheese!! Almost knocked me over. I told her she needed to bring that stuff out to the back field and bury it deep! I have no such trouble with the wine.

Man, you couldn't pay me to eat goat cheese.
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8181 on: October 18, 2012, 09:14:23 PM »

Those photos look great, Dcazz; thanks for sharing  :)

Just curious, I read the post of oil fields, fall foilage....ect. I makes me wonder where everyone here is at/from. I am in Southwestern Ohio. We have had some beautiful foilage this year. But a bit warmer than it should be.

I'm in central/west North Dakota now. Originally from Central New York. The topography and foliage are fairly similar, which makes for a combination of comfort and homesickness at the same time.

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
« Reply #8182 on: October 18, 2012, 10:32:52 PM »

North Central New Jersey
Nice fall of the year generally up your way, but the question that begs answering....... The Jersey Devil, real or not?.....lol

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8183 on: October 18, 2012, 10:35:09 PM »

Foliage-challenged North Texas.
Kool....I want to make it that way sometime. Plains states still have some wonderous sites to see.

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8184 on: October 18, 2012, 10:37:53 PM »

Those photos look great, Dcazz; thanks for sharing  :)

I'm in central/west North Dakota now. Originally from Central New York. The topography and foliage are fairly similar, which makes for a combination of comfort and homesickness at the same time.
You there permanently or temporary? Very cold up there, but I did get to spend some time in Red Wing Minnesota. Beautiful there but also cold.......brrrrrrrr!!!!!!

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #8185 on: October 19, 2012, 12:35:14 AM »

Kool....I want to make it that way sometime. Plains states still have some wonderous sites to see.

The big sky is cool looking especially on a clear day with a few puffy white clouds.

What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8186 on: October 19, 2012, 02:26:30 AM »

Nice fall of the year generally up your way, but the question that begs answering....... The Jersey Devil, real or not?.....lol
We should all get together with a cooler full of beer and try to catch him. Who can we use for bait!!!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8187 on: October 19, 2012, 02:39:05 AM »

It was a perfect day today so I took a few pictures of folliage. The tree behind my truck is a Larch. It's the only desiguous evergreen and it's turns yellow and looses it's needles. it's one of my favorites!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8188 on: October 19, 2012, 02:53:55 AM »

Southwest, New Hampshire
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8189 on: October 19, 2012, 02:11:46 PM »

You there permanently or temporary? Very cold up there, but I did get to spend some time in Red Wing Minnesota. Beautiful there but also cold.......brrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Well....semi-permanently, I guess. I'll be here at least 'til the kids go to college, which in my son's case won't be for 8 years.

It does get really cold up here! A couple of winters ago the wind chill was 40 below. If you threw a cup of warm water into the air the droplets would freeze before they hit the ground. The kids and I had fun trying it. (Well, I tried it once and then went back inside to the warmth, LOL.)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8190 on: October 19, 2012, 03:05:48 PM »

Well....semi-permanently, I guess. I'll be here at least 'til the kids go to college, which in my son's case won't be for 8 years.

It does get really cold up here! A couple of winters ago the wind chill was 40 below. If you threw a cup of warm water into the air the droplets would freeze before they hit the ground. The kids and I had fun trying it. (Well, I tried it once and then went back inside to the warmth, LOL.)
Thats cold!
On Oct. 30th we'll be celebrating the 1st anniversary of last years 30 inch snowstorm! Who would of thunk it? We had to use snowblowers for Halloween!
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #8191 on: October 19, 2012, 04:22:06 PM »

It does get really cold up here! A couple of winters ago the wind chill was 40 below. If you threw a cup of warm water into the air the droplets would freeze before they hit the ground.

Far out!
I can stay till it's time to go

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8192 on: October 19, 2012, 06:00:08 PM »

Southwest, New Hampshire
Love the east. I got so much traveling to do! not only beautiful country, but rich in history. Maybe when the kids are gone I'll get there. ;D

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8193 on: October 19, 2012, 06:01:26 PM »

We should all get together with a cooler full of beer and try to catch him. Who can we use for bait!!!
Yes we can.....well use Todd....for bait....lol

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8194 on: October 19, 2012, 06:04:34 PM »

Seen a weather man from the weather channel do that at International Falls once in the winter....frooze as soon as it hit the air...Thats so cold the tears freeze in your eyes....brrrrrr. Make for a great holiday season tho'

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8195 on: October 19, 2012, 07:31:29 PM »

Wooo-hoo; I am stoked! I had no idea Pete Townshend had an autiobiography coming out -- what a surprise to walk into Barnes & Noble (with a bit of money, for once) and see his face plastered all over. I grabbed a copy before the store door had even shut behind me!

cheer1

I just finished Dear Boy, so after this I'll probably be Who-ed out for a bit and will go back to Beatles books, because before this I got a bit Beatle-d out.  ;)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8196 on: October 20, 2012, 02:33:43 AM »

Yes we can.....well use Todd....for bait....lol
We can tie him to a tree or something and when he swoops in for the kill....
Mark Twain

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8197 on: October 20, 2012, 03:21:04 AM »

We can tie him to a tree or something and when he swoops in for the kill....
Then Bam! We got him.....but first we let it scare Todd first...lol ;D

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8198 on: October 20, 2012, 04:03:53 AM »

Then Bam! We got him.....but first we let it scare Todd first...lol ;D
It's a plan!
Mark Twain

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8199 on: October 21, 2012, 12:13:09 AM »

Oh Todd................can I talk to you for a moment??......lol....!  Quick Dave get the bag and rope....hahaha ha2ha ha2ha
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 527

Page created in 0.9 seconds with 79 queries.