Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 638563 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #9800 on: January 14, 2017, 06:39:42 AM »

Shiyoot, Mr. Flatt an' Mr. Scruggs even done played Carnegie Hall...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmgE-Bvx0vs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmgE-Bvx0vs</a>

An' just like The Dillards did on the Andy Griffith Show, they's played on The Beverly Hillbillies telervision show...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22UKBv4b4zo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22UKBv4b4zo</a>

I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9801 on: January 28, 2017, 05:46:10 AM »

Back in the 60s you couldn't show a woman's navel on TV.  So they dressed Jeannie like this...

Every so often, however, we caught a glimpse of it...

Somehow these navels weren't censored...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyJGPJQNY24" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyJGPJQNY24</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgtQj8O92eI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgtQj8O92eI</a>

icon_good

Fab4Fan

• Getting Better
« Reply #9802 on: January 29, 2017, 03:49:49 AM »

I still dream of Jeannie...
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9803 on: January 29, 2017, 06:24:45 AM »

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9804 on: January 29, 2017, 11:58:15 PM »

Millions of men and boys in England fancied her  Baz   ;D

Kevin

All You Need Is Love

KelMar

« Reply #9805 on: January 30, 2017, 02:54:17 AM »

It's no fair! While you guys read this topic and think all those happy guy thoughts I'm stuck with this in my head, especially "but she couldn't show her belly button; all she did was blink":

https://youtu.be/-yWcnko8Hrk

;)

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #9806 on: January 30, 2017, 03:49:10 AM »

Millions of men and boys in England fancied her  Baz   ;D

And in Australia

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9807 on: January 30, 2017, 04:46:37 AM »

"but she couldn't show her belly button; all she did was blink"

She blinked her way into showing her belly button here...

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9808 on: January 30, 2017, 08:26:23 AM »

And in Australia
Only reason to watch it  ;D
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9809 on: January 30, 2017, 09:34:40 AM »

Only reason to watch it  ;D

Yes. The show lacked character development, incisive dialogue and dramatic tension. However it had a semi naked Barbara Eden.  icon_good

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9810 on: January 30, 2017, 11:01:28 PM »

I didn't know I was compared to Elizabeth Montgomery, but I think that I'm in very good company with her

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9811 on: January 31, 2017, 04:55:26 AM »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9812 on: February 12, 2017, 02:19:56 AM »

If you look to your left, ladies and gentlemen, the view is not very inspiring.  Ahhh, but if you look to your right…

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoHTyvBc_0g" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoHTyvBc_0g</a>

KelMar

« Reply #9813 on: March 20, 2017, 08:17:28 PM »

^^^
I love these videos, Barry! I must have missed this when you posted it. Before I got distracted looking to my right I was going to say that things sure have changed in my 30 years as a homeowner. It used to be that if an appliance didn't work I called the folks at the repair shop a few miles down the road and they'd come fix it. The month old microwave isn't heating food so I had to talk to someone in the Dominican Rebuplic, spend about 10 minutes on diagnostics to prove it isn't working, get a ticket number and wait to find out that someone at the repair shop a few miles down the road would come fix it. (Or more likely recommend replacement.)  ;D But it was okay...the young man on the phone was quite nice and wanted to know all about the weather in New York. He'd heard about last week's storm. LOL

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9814 on: March 21, 2017, 01:08:42 AM »

^^^
I love these videos, Barry! I must have missed this when you posted it. Before I got distracted looking to my right I was going to say that things sure have changed in my 30 years as a homeowner. It used to be that if an appliance didn't work I called the folks at the repair shop a few miles down the road and they'd come fix it. The month old microwave isn't heating food so I had to talk to someone in the Dominican Rebuplic, spend about 10 minutes on diagnostics to prove it isn't working, get a ticket number and wait to find out that someone at the repair shop a few miles down the road would come fix it. (Or more likely recommend replacement.)  ;D But it was okay...the young man on the phone was quite nice and wanted to know all about the weather in New York. He'd heard about last week's storm. LOL

I think most electrical things now are chuck and replace. In most instances they've come so far down in price that it's cheaper to buy another one than even pay the minimum labor charge to just look to see if anything can be done. When I was a lad there was a shop near us filled with tvs that were being fixed. And I recall a couple of instances of the tvs repairman coming out to look at our tv. It seems now if the rare event happens that your tv doesn't work then its most likely unrepairable anyway.

KelMar

« Reply #9815 on: March 21, 2017, 02:59:41 AM »

I think most electrical things now are chuck and replace. In most instances they've come so far down in price that it's cheaper to buy another one than even pay the minimum labor charge to just look to see if anything can be done. When I was a lad there was a shop near us filled with tvs that were being fixed. And I recall a couple of instances of the tvs repairman coming out to look at our tv. It seems now if the rare event happens that your tv doesn't work then its most likely unrepairable anyway.

Right. This thing is under warranty so I think the serviceman is just coming to act as coroner. But I must be a real glutton for punishment as I just now got off the phone with the cable tv company. I wanted to get the bill down, which I did, but since a new company is transitioning in here it was a very confusing experience. I guess I'll know what channels  I have when I connect the new boxes!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9816 on: April 01, 2017, 11:58:26 PM »

But I must be a real glutton for punishment as I just now got off the phone with the cable tv company.

ha2ha Sounds like you survived, though, Kelley! I had to deal with our cable company several months ago, and it was NOT fun. Think several phone calls and at least two service visits.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9817 on: April 02, 2017, 12:01:50 AM »

Got my taxes done, woot woot! I'm getting a decent-sized refund, which I want to put toward a trip to the ocean with the kids. I haven't seen the ocean in years. We went to a different Atlantic beach every year when I was a kid, and before the divorce.

I should probably do something sensible [read: boring] with the money, like pay down my credit card or put it into my retirement fund <yawn>. But I'd rather have a beach vacation.   :-\

KelMar

« Reply #9818 on: April 02, 2017, 12:49:27 AM »

ha2ha Sounds like you survived, though, Kelley! I had to deal with our cable company several months ago, and it was NOT fun. Think several phone calls and at least two service visits.

I did! They actually repaired the microwave instead of just replacing it and the cable bill is down 60 bucks! Plus, we are now on the new, faster Internet with a new router and modem. I can finally use my iPad frustration-free to go online. So the phone torture was worth it. LOL

I should probably do something sensible [read: boring] with the money, like pay down my credit card or put it into my retirement fund <yawn>. But I'd rather have a beach vacation.   :-\

Congrats on the nice refund! If it's federal, you probably will get it pretty quickly. We owe on that one but the kids have their refunds already. I think you should definitely opt for the ocean. After all...

The beach is a place where a man girl can feel
She's the only soul in the world that's real

« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 12:53:31 AM by In My Life »

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9819 on: April 02, 2017, 06:16:43 PM »

I did! They actually repaired the microwave instead of just replacing it and the cable bill is down 60 bucks!

Wow! I'm going to have to contact you individually to find out how you did that. My cable bill is outrageous; I'm tempted to get rid of cable altogether.

I think you should definitely opt for the ocean. After all...

The beach is a place where a man girl can feel
She's the only soul in the world that's real

Awwww.....you remembered!  :)  I think I might opt for the beach and try to keep costs to a minimum. I figure this might be one of the last summers that all the kids will be home; next year my elder daughter likely will stay at UND through the summer, I think.
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 527

Page created in 0.784 seconds with 76 queries.