Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

Author Topic: The Beatles On YouTube!  (Read 134095 times)

KelMar

Re: The Beatles On YouTube!
« Reply #400 on: April 11, 2014, 03:09:37 AM »

I always watch the movie when it's on.  It's got sky-diving girls in bikinis.    :)

That sounds like it could be painful when they land!

KelMar

« Reply #401 on: April 11, 2014, 03:27:02 AM »

The Beatles on Shindig!

I love the looks on Paul and John's faces starting at 4:46. I think John sometimes had trouble with the lyrics right there.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #402 on: April 11, 2014, 03:36:17 AM »

I love the looks on Paul and John's faces starting at 4:46. I think John sometimes had trouble with the lyrics right there.

It must have been the Shindig! dancers...

I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #403 on: April 11, 2014, 04:26:57 AM »

It must have been the Shindig! dancers...

Ah, so the dancers did make an appearance. I wondered where they were!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #404 on: April 11, 2014, 09:03:01 PM »

The Beatles on Shindig!

They are just so adorable! How could anyone ever resist them? So cute and so talented and so innocent looking.  ;)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #405 on: April 12, 2014, 12:24:22 PM »

Beatles : Hello Goodbye : alternative song track and promo film
At 1:36, John mimics the sound of guitar.
At 2:52, ONLY Paul bows to the 'audience' (I just love their humor!)
At 03:01, George looks at hula girl at the left. At 3:11, he looks to the hula girl at right.
From 3:06 up to the end, John can take eyes of the dancing girl. ;D

The guys are 'lined up' as they were when performing on TV or in concert.
Do you think George was mocking his early Beatle haircut with the comb down he has in most of the video? It looks like Georges sense of humor!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #406 on: April 12, 2014, 05:50:39 PM »

Do you think George was mocking his early Beatle haircut with the comb down he has in most of the video? It looks like Georges sense of humor!

Could be. Now you've got me thinking that Paul did it too. This really is a cute video. John makes me laugh with what he did starting at 1:25. Well, actually it started at :15.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #407 on: April 12, 2014, 07:08:04 PM »

Could be. Now you've got me thinking that Paul did it too. This really is a cute video. John makes me laugh with what he did starting at 1:25. Well, actually it started at :15.
His expression at Ringo?
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #408 on: April 12, 2014, 09:52:59 PM »

His expression at Ringo?

Yeah, he looks at Ringo, then the camera, Ringo, camera, Ringo, camera, camera. I find it amusing. LOL If they were kids it would likely end with Ringo screaming, "Stop looking at me!!"

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #409 on: April 12, 2014, 10:50:33 PM »

Teasing him for his unusually amazing drumming!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #410 on: June 14, 2014, 03:40:37 AM »

This is going into the Beatles History thread but for those who can't bear to wade through everything there I'm putting it here too. It's a nice compilation of interviews from the Australian tour, starting with Ringo in Los Angeles on June 13, 1964. There's some amazing footage there. Another highlight is the footage of the interview with Ringo and Brian at the Mascot Airport in Sydney the following day. Brian talks about seeing the Beatles for the first time at the Cavern, among other things. They look a little ghostly but it's still great!

Brian @6:14

http://youtu.be/hzDLiG3GeMg

KelMar

« Reply #411 on: August 27, 2014, 10:31:40 PM »

This video makes me laugh. It's part of a BBC show from 1963 called "The Mersey Sound". It's a live performance but the audience was edited in from their previous night's performance. To make it really authentic someone tossed a few jelly babies at their feet. This was before they begged everyone to stop doing that!

http://youtu.be/1EDUoqi1JHM

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #412 on: August 28, 2014, 03:03:13 AM »

That's great! I always thought She Loves You was one of the best early songs. Right up there with all the other greats!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #413 on: December 10, 2014, 12:24:28 AM »

fanofthefab4

• A Beginning
« Reply #414 on: March 01, 2016, 11:57:29 PM »

>:( :( Many people on youtube are saying why are so many Beatles videos gone from youtube now except a lot of the live videos? And several people said it's because of this company UMG_MK. Here is even a youtube video called,The Beatles Are Being Blocked By UMG_MK. Does anybody on here know what this is and why they are blocking them?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSsb7Qdwx8k" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSsb7Qdwx8k</a>

fanofthefab4

• A Beginning
« Reply #415 on: March 02, 2016, 12:24:22 AM »

That's great! I always thought She Loves You was one of the best early songs. Right up there with all the other greats!

:) I  think so too I always liked She Loves You even better than I Want To Hold Your Hand although that is great too.And it's amazing that The Beatles sounded as good as they did live on the very primitive limited sound systems they had at the time,George Harrison says in The Beatles Anthology video series that special 100 watt amplifiers were made for their August 1965 Shea stadium concerts and that they went up from the only 30 watts they had before.And they had no feedback monitors so they couldn't even hear themselves singing and playing,but they amazingly sang and played in sync with each other anyway.But they were so great that they would have even sounded good playing out of a cave! No one could have sounded great though on those sound systems,it was impossible.

And I always loved  this very early John song written and recorded  in 1962  Ask Me Why.

I  have always loved this great beautiful song written by John,with such typical beautiful melodies and harmonies John and Paul usually wrote,and John's usual beautiful singing voice.And this was amazingly recorded in 1962 on only two track tape! with such limited,primitive recording technology but it of course still sounds great.Except I hate mono it's limited sounding and only makes their already limited recording technology sound even more limited.I tried to find the stereo version of this song on here but I couldn't find it on youtube.

Here university of Pennsylvania musicologist Alan W.Pollack  who did an 11 year extensive analysis of every one of the 200 Beatles songs,analyzes Ask Me Why and explains that it's structurally complex.

http://www.icce.rug.nl/~soundscapes/DATABASES/AWP/amw.shtml

KelMar

« Reply #416 on: March 11, 2016, 05:18:35 AM »

>:( :( Many people on youtube are saying why are so many Beatles videos gone from youtube now except a lot of the live videos? And several people said it's because of this company UMG_MK. Here is even a youtube video called,The Beatles Are Being Blocked By UMG_MK. Does anybody on here know what this is and why they are blocking them?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSsb7Qdwx8k" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSsb7Qdwx8k</a>

KelMar

« Reply #417 on: June 20, 2017, 02:12:23 AM »

Fun remix of The Word

https://youtu.be/OtWOLm3zeRk

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #418 on: June 20, 2017, 09:19:43 PM »

That is fun! It sounds like you could dance to it.  :)

KelMar

« Reply #419 on: June 21, 2017, 04:36:37 AM »

That is fun! It sounds like you could dance to it.  :)

It does! Now we have to give it a rating between 35 and 98.  ;)

https://youtu.be/Vmdx-A-ixKQ
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

Page created in 1.252 seconds with 79 queries.