Other forums > Different Conversations

Nepal Trek

(1/4) > >>

stevie:
Hi guys!  Just back from an epic trek to Everest Base Camp! Everything went great and the Himalayas are just stunning. Here's some photos - I'm on the right in the middle one

Mr Mustard:
Breathtaking pictures, stevie. The bottom picture in particular looks almost "other-worldly". How far up did you go? I would have been tempted to belt out a verse of "Fool On The Hill"...if I had the breath! :)

tkitna:
Wow, that's impressive Stevie.  Pictures are gorgeous.  Much respect for you and Mt. Everest.  That mountain is pretty unforgiving.

stevie:
Cheers guys, yeah the pics came out good. I only used an IPhone 4 and my Aussie Telstra mobile! I have heaps more great pics and some amazing vid (not sure how to post vid - would they work OK with Photo bucket like these pics?)
Everest Base Camp is at 17,000 ft, near the Khumbu glacier that leads to the trad  climbing route to Everest. The mtn itself is just visible from BC. The morning after you climb an 18,0000 footer Kala Pattar to view the sunrise over E, that was when I took the bottom pic. Climbing - a walk actually - KP for 2 hrs from 4am was the toughest thing I have ever done. Minus 10 at the top and my fingers froze taking vid and pics but worth it!
During the trek I told people about the Everest/Abbey Road link via Geoff Emerick's cigarettes!!  A truly epic trek and I miss it. Keep waking in the night wondering which teahouse I'm in lol

stevie:
https://youtu.be/HR8S97G3Tcc

Worked out how to post a vid

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version