Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Album 15 November  (Read 7106 times)

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Re: New Album 15 November
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2009, 09:39:02 AM »

I know what I want for Xmas :)

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 06:02:46 PM »

Paul McCartney live never sounds sad to me.

McCartney isn't 70 yrs old yet, and he sounds very good for anyone singing live rock and roll!

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2009, 07:04:04 AM »

Tkitna, I've seen McCartney live multiple times myself, and no his voice isn't what it was in the 70s, who's is?

The statement was that his voice has gotten worse recently and that is just not true!  Where am I getting my conclusions from, all the reviews from people that attended his very recent shows!

Once again they say he sounds absolutely wonderful.  All you have to do is check it out for yourself.  Of course there's going to be some that say negative things, some people are just hard to please, but the vast majority of people commenting say that McCartney sounds great!

Yes--I saw Paul live this past April and his voice sounded very good to me. No, he's never going to sound like "young Paul" again, but his voice is still enjoyable to listen to. Definitely worth a concert ticket.

If you don't like this voice, don't bother with his new CD's and concerts then.

The Swine

• Getting Better
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

liliom

• A Beginning
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2009, 07:42:42 PM »

the voice?That's not the problem! the problem is the band!the worst drummer he never had !And guitarists my god!and wicks horrible!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2009, 07:56:07 PM »

the voice?That's not the problem! the problem is the band!the worst drummer he never had !And guitarists my god!and wicks horrible!

I know what you mean. They're competent, but there's nothing subtle about them. It's a stadium band.

liliom

• A Beginning
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2009, 01:07:07 PM »

I know what you mean. They're competent, but there's nothing subtle about them. It's a stadium band.
Nothing subtle absolutely!

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2009, 03:26:50 PM »

I have it in my basket on Amazon.co.uk but I´m too afraid to pre-order it as I´m not taking the risk that it will be like the ´Back in the US´ dvd, the heavy editing and the annoying fans between songs. So I´m counting on you to tell me before I order it.  ;)
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2009, 05:35:56 PM »

Your crazy. The guitarists I dont care about because a lot of the times I dont like Rustys tone, but your just flat out wrong about Abe. The guys a freaking beast behind the kit. I mean seriously, this guy is the worst drummer Paul has ever had?

Laboriel is the son of bassist Abraham Laboriel, Sr.. Laboriel was mentored by well known percussionists and drummers, including Jeff Porcaro, Chester Thompson, Bill Maxwell and Alex Acuña, who had formed the band Koinonia with his father in the 1980s.

He attended the Dick Grove School of Music, studying with Peter Donald, during his junior year in high school. He also attended the Hamilton High School Academy of Music his senior year. In 1989, he was honored by the National Foundation For The Advancement Of The Arts and Down Beat magazine. He then enrolled at the Berklee College of Music, where he graduated in 1993.

What are you basing your assumptions on? Its got to be the live stuff. Whats not to like on the studio albums? He doesnt bash on those unless its a stupid song like 'Nod Your Head' or something. I mean the guys played for Sting, Duran Duran, Paul, Clapton, etc,,,so to say that all he does is bash is false. Sorry, but to say he's bad is just ludicrous and showing lack of music knowledge.

(Bashing Wicks? My God. Wicks is probably the best musician in the whole band and that includes Paul.)

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2009, 07:57:15 PM »

but your just flat out wrong about Abe. The guys a freaking beast behind the kit.

I absolutely agree! I believe he is very good!

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2009, 08:36:14 PM »

I absolutely agree! I believe he is very good!

I know some find him to hit the drums too hard.
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

SemolinaPilchard

• A Beginning
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2009, 09:50:47 PM »

I've seen the man live 5 times and i'm telling you that even back in 2005 (last time I saw him) his voice was nowhere near what it was like in 76' and I cant imagine its gotten better with age.

As a matter of fact, my buddy and I admitted that its sad how bad his voice has gotten after watching a live show on VH1 recently. I'm not sure what or how your coming to your conclusion, but your wrong. Sorry, plain and simple.

Your right his voice HAS gotten worse. But it's decent. In fact it's more than decent for a 67 year old in my opinion. And I don't find it sad at all, I'm just glad he's still out there performing and making music. He could have a voice like Dylan but Paul will always be a wonderful entertainer.

liliom

• A Beginning
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2009, 01:18:32 AM »

Your crazy. The guitarists I dont care about because a lot of the times I dont like Rustys tone, but your just flat out wrong about Abe. The guys a freaking beast behind the kit. I mean seriously, this guy is the worst drummer Paul has ever had?

Laboriel is the son of bassist Abraham Laboriel, Sr.. Laboriel was mentored by well known percussionists and drummers, including Jeff Porcaro, Chester Thompson, Bill Maxwell and Alex Acuña, who had formed the band Koinonia with his father in the 1980s.

He attended the Dick Grove School of Music, studying with Peter Donald, during his junior year in high school. He also attended the Hamilton High School Academy of Music his senior year. In 1989, he was honored by the National Foundation For The Advancement Of The Arts and Down Beat magazine. He then enrolled at the Berklee College of Music, where he graduated in 1993.

What are you basing your assumptions on? Its got to be the live stuff. Whats not to like on the studio albums? He doesnt bash on those unless its a stupid song like 'Nod Your Head' or something. I mean the guys played for Sting, Duran Duran, Paul, Clapton, etc,,,so to say that all he does is bash is false. Sorry, but to say he's bad is just ludicrous and showing lack of music knowledge.

(Bashing Wicks? My God. Wicks is probably the best musician in the whole band and that includes Paul.)

Lack of music knowledge exactly what paul needs like drummer and guitarist!!!i dont care if he played with clapton sting duran,i hate all these guys,yes he hit the drum too hard too fast ot too slow never in the right tempo the song needs. THE BEST MUSICIAN IS PAUL !Does he have a great music knowledge? Wicks is a good pianist ok but i prefer a brass section .

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2009, 01:54:10 AM »

Lack of music knowledge exactly what paul needs like drummer and guitarist!!!

Ok, I dont even know what you just said here. It doesnt make any sense.

i dont care if he played with clapton sting duran,i hate all these guys,

I dont care if you hate them or not, just as long as you recognize them. I used them as an example because their style of music calls for subtle playing but yet Abe played for them and you think all he can do is bash. Weird isnt it?

yes he hit the drum too hard too fast ot too slow never in the right tempo the song needs.

Alright, I can understand if you have an opinion that Abe plays to hard (as i'm sure your only basing it off of the live stuff), but to say he plays out of time and not for the song is just outright stupid. If a drummer couldnt keep time, how long do you think he would have a job,,,,with professional musicians no less? You have just confirmed my earlier statement that you know absolutly nothing about music.

THE BEST MUSICIAN IS PAUL !Does he have a great music knowledge?

Really? He cant even read music.

Wicks is a good pianist ok but i prefer a brass section .

Fair enough.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.69 seconds with 70 queries.