Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: George's Brainwashed album  (Read 6778 times)

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
Re: George's Brainwashed album
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 04:29:19 AM »

O08yByB2j6U

o8mxjwo59s0
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 06:56:09 AM »

Quote from: 483
It's a nice album. Nothing special, but nice. A good ending.

I agree. I like it, but I played it the other day and thought to myself that it really isnt as good as I praised it to be at the time of its release. It cant hold a candle to ATMP.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 07:14:58 AM »

Quote from: 373

I agree. I like it, but I played it the other day and thought to myself that it really isnt as good as I praised it to be at the time of its release. It cant hold a candle to ATMP.

I think George's two greatest albums are ATMP and Brainwashed.

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2009, 07:26:07 PM »

I loved that quote Dhani said!
It kind of shows you he viewd his Dad as two different people. George as a Father and George as a musician. Maybe why they had a good relationship.

As far as the album...I love it. All the songs are so good. Stuck Inside a Cloud, is a great and honest song but I have to be in the right mood to listen to it or I will cry. My favorite part is at 2:00 - 2:04; those four seconds are just beautiful. His voice, the guitar, I could listen to those 4 seconds over and over. The feeling I get, no other part in a song is like that!
 'Rising Sun'. I like it. It's like the happier version of Stuck Inside a Cloud.
I like P2 Vacation Blues (Last Saturday Night), but he never sounded like George to me. In the aspect of voice, not music. This also has the Bob Dylan voice in it! At 53 seconds to 58 seconds; sounds like Dylan to me! Always makes me laugh.

Overall I like this album because it has everything. George's amazing vocals, writing ability, slide guitar(that makes my heart melt), eukelele. It was a masterpiece of a last album.  Gosh I miss George. When I think of the music he could be putting out now.

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

Nelson_Wilbury

• A Beginning
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2009, 03:46:41 AM »

It's a good album. I think that is a kind of review of his carrer. Some songs sound like the 70's (Living in the material world, Dark horse, 33 1/3, etc). Others like the Wilburys (Jeff is present here!).
But for me, the Big 3 are All things must pass (1970), George Harrison (1979) and Cloud 9 (1987)
With our love we can save the world

Jema

• Getting Better
  • "The Beatles will exist without us." - George
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2011, 01:52:17 PM »

I really love this album,I think George did a great job on it.My favorites from Brainwashed are Any Road,P2 Vatican Blues (Last Saturday Night),Pisces Fish,Stuck Inside A Cloud,Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea and Rocking Chair In Hawii.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 53 queries.