Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: IMPACT: The Beatles - "I Want to Hold Your Hand" o  (Read 1707 times)

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
IMPACT: The Beatles - "I Want to Hold Your Hand" o
« on: June 08, 2009, 06:39:21 AM »

IMPACT: The Beatles - "I Want to Hold Your Hand" on Ovation Channel

http://www.ovationtv.com/programs/376

Certain songs have come to define the times in which they appeared as they proved to be the catalyst for the transformation of the cultural and political landscape. Most set trends in music, fashion and dance while flouting convention and testing the boundaries of society's accepted moral values. Each program in the Impact! series puts the spotlight on the songs that have left an indelible mark on the world. If there was ever a moment in history during which events conspired to change the course of society for years to come, it was during those dark days in America following the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in November of 1963. The transformation came from the unlikeliest of sources - four mop-topped lads from Liverpool, England whose music was rooted in good old American rock 'n' roll but whose early repertoire consisted of simple songs of teen love that immediately struck a chord with an American public longing for a return to innocence. I Want To Hold Your Hand, the biggest-selling British single of all time, introduced The Beatles to America in early 1964 and quickly became their first number one single on this side of the Atlantic. It was to be the start of a remarkable journey for the "Fab Four" from the Beatlemania of those early years to the culture-altering presence of the group, collectively and individually, through the '70s and beyond. With song clips, archive interviews with Peter Asher, Mike Love, Joe Perry, Jerry Lee Lewis, Paul Anka, Peter Noone, Mickey Dolenz.

Programme airs on:
-Eastern Time
Friday, June 12, 2009 04:30PM 07:30PM
Sunday, June 28, 2009 06:00PM 09:30PM
Monday, June 29, 2009 12:30AM 03:30AM

-Central Time
Friday, June 12, 2009 03:30PM 06:30PM
Sunday, June 28, 2009 05:00PM 08:30PM 11:30PM
Monday, June 29, 2009 02:30AM

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 35 queries.